Imperial Diras 06/24/2009 07:27 AM CDT
Hi, Bartlebee,

This follows up on Celitha's question from yesterday in the premie meeting, out of curiousity, just how rare are diras supposed to be as a whole (not considering one coins rarity over another). Since they were released, I've probably spent about six hours or so hunting gryphons (near shard) and some of the undead, and haven't had a single dira drop. Not the end of the world really, but given the dozens it would take to make a complete set, it seems like the entire set would take years to complete (which may be intentional).

Same goes for cards...I don't remember the last time I saw one of those drop (but as I understand it, that's a different system all together, though part of the treasure system?)
Re: Imperial Diras 06/24/2009 10:38 AM CDT
Just to weigh in, I too have had trouble finding Dira. I also have trouble finding cards in hunting - which sometimes I do for fairly long periods of time.

__
Join us in sharing information!
http://community.livejournal.com/drbookoftales/
View my RPnerderiffic IC journal here!
http://ysselt-dr.livejournal.com/

It will cost you 248 TDPs to raise your Charisma from 99 to 100
Re: Imperial Diras 06/24/2009 01:15 PM CDT
If it helps anyone look at drop rates (GM or PC), I have foiund three so far in Plat. two from sand sprite boxes and one from an undead minion in an invasion (sorry, I don't recall which type). Also, I haven't seen a card drop in a very very long time.

~Talo, Prydaen Barbarian~
Re: Imperial Diras 06/24/2009 01:17 PM CDT
Hunting for about 1 week, 24/7 in gryphons I found maybe 5-8 cards

Cute verbs and speaking from hiding are excellent ways to catch a lightning bolt in the face regardless of mystical ninja abilities.

-Armifer
Re: Imperial Diras 06/24/2009 02:46 PM CDT
I find at least one a day hunting malachatas.

Drevid

http://www.phiiskeep.homestead.com/Barbarian.html

Cylons... why debugging matters.
Re: Imperial Diras 06/24/2009 06:38 PM CDT
found about 4 in ratha's hatchlings
Re: Imperial Diras 06/24/2009 08:59 PM CDT
plat drop rates really don't correspond to prime, because of the difference in player population. plat and TF are more similar than prime in that respect.

"System Announcement: The undead hordes would like to take this moment to remind you that they are quite happy to eat your brains so that you may test new depart. Please consider it. Hugs and kisses, Team Necro."
Re: Imperial Diras 06/24/2009 09:40 PM CDT
In Prime, Ryeka has found a Dira on a bone warrior. My Plat trader hasn't done much hunting lately.

Sometimes the key to happiness is not assuming it is locked in the first place- Ziggy

A journey of a thousand SMILES begins with a single step- Ziggy
Re: Imperial Diras 07/04/2009 01:15 PM CDT
On the question of how hard it should be to find one: the coins are using a new distribution technique, and until we say it in operation, it was hard to know for sure that it would work as intended. I'm posting this on July 4, and by this time, just the players in Prime right now have found over 200 diras. It looks like it's working as it should, but you can be sure I'll keep watching it.

Bartlebee

(P.S.: I don't do cards.)
Re: Imperial Diras 07/04/2009 03:18 PM CDT
>>I'm posting this on July 4, and by this time, just the players in Prime right now have found over 200 diras. It looks like it's working as it should, but you can be sure I'll keep watching it.

I just know I have to be reading this wrong. You mean, thats the total number found so far today right? Because otherwise it would be really, really strange for me to have like 8 of the 200 total diras that have been found thus far.
Re: Imperial Diras 07/04/2009 06:00 PM CDT
i know i've found a total of..... 2.
thats with the whole family.

The undead hordes would like to take this moment to remind you that they are quite happy to eat your brains so that you may test new depart.Please consider it.Hugs and kisses, Team Necro.
Re: Imperial Diras 07/04/2009 06:06 PM CDT
since it seems they drop on a per creature basis (much like most treasure), your chances of finding them depend on your killing rate. So if you fight swarmy easily killed creatures (snoblins, sand sprites, gryphons), you're rollin in the money.

Or not.

Magic's Death Caraamon Makdasi,
Gor'Tog Barbarian
Hunta Talna Kortok, built by Gor'Togs, for Gor'Togs
http://www.angelfire.com/rpg2/caraamon/home.html
Weapon Combo Balance List
http://www.angelfire.com/rpg2/caraamon/balance.xls
Re: Imperial Diras 07/04/2009 06:28 PM CDT
Wood Trolls, Duskies, and Rockies. Thats where I found the 8 or so I have.
Re: Imperial Diras 07/05/2009 11:00 AM CDT
The couple I've found were in beasts and oafs out the North Gate of Crossing.
Re: Imperial Diras 07/08/2009 08:54 PM CDT
Wow, I might have 1% of all the diras in Prime.

Is that a sword? Luxury!
Is that a horse? Sloth!
Is that a helmet? Vanity!
Re: Imperial Diras 07/09/2009 11:57 AM CDT
I've found 3 within 12 hours total of time.

Vindicator Adakin of Prime
WorldsBestMagic Kastr of TF

"The Key To Immortality Is Living A Life Worth Remembering."

"Killing Time Murders Opportunities."