Okay not to pull a Ragran but...

I love you.

No, seriously. Marry me? Have my textbabies. Plz? <3

Rev. Reene

A drunken cleric says, "Huldah. He is one mean poker player, I hear."
A drunken cleric says, "He cheats, of course."
A drunken cleric says, "Phelimmm. He doesn't cheat. Stupid, if you ask me."
re: catalog shops fix 10/25/2008 07:49 AM CDT
I think I'm going to be in trouble the next time I run my stealing script, heh.

But yea, this will really help extend teaching ranges on several shops I bet.

~Hanryu Ves'Shomis
Sword of House Calibanor, Emerald Knight, Keeper of the CEC, Ranger
http://drplat.com/CombatEquipmentCompendium.xls
55/7/5 - 30 days
re: catalog shops fix 10/25/2008 07:56 AM CDT
I wish I read this before I went stealing this morning (10/25) I have about 10 arrest warrants now and a bunch of stuff no longer teaches me. :(

Drevid

http://www.phiiskeep.homestead.com/Barbarian.html

Cylons... why debugging matters.
re: catalog shops fix 10/25/2008 11:34 AM CDT
>I wish I read this before I went stealing this morning (10/25) I have about 10 arrest warrants now and a bunch of stuff no longer teaches me. :(

Eep. Sorry to hear that. In general, catalog shop stealing will be harder, since the difficulty calculations take into account the value and size of the item.

GM Lohkrian

"In art and dream may you proceed with abandon. In life may you proceed with balance and stealth."
re: catalog shops fix 10/25/2008 12:11 PM CDT
> since the difficulty calculations take into account the value and size of the item

I thought it was app value and weight of the item?

~Hanryu Ves'Shomis
Sword of House Calibanor, Emerald Knight, Keeper of the CEC, Ranger
http://drplat.com/CombatEquipmentCompendium.xls
55/7/5 - 30 days
re: catalog shops fix 10/25/2008 12:28 PM CDT
It is weight, yes.

-Z
re: catalog shops fix 10/25/2008 01:03 PM CDT
so this change didn't affect ONLY items that have a modifier added to them? it affected everything?

and didn't the items take weight into account beforehand already?
re: catalog shops fix 10/25/2008 02:13 PM CDT
Weight, size, mass, density... something! Thanks for clarifying, Zeyurn. ::grin::

This change only affects the appraise value of the items from catalog shops, which has the secondary effect of making them more difficult. Everything else should be untouched.

GM Lohkrian

"In art and dream may you proceed with abandon. In life may you proceed with balance and stealth."
re: catalog shops fix 10/25/2008 06:19 PM CDT
Thank you. I was really looking forward to this.

Quick question, does this address items that were supposed to have special properties set with the type? (Only example I can think of is the ironwood buckler.)
re: catalog shops fix 10/25/2008 06:23 PM CDT
>Quick question, does this address items that were supposed to have special properties set with the type? (Only example I can think of is the ironwood buckler.)

Yes sir.

GM Lohkrian

re: catalog shops fix 10/25/2008 06:37 PM CDT
And as a side effect makes foraging a little more useful. No more 150 stealing can get you any herb.
re: catalog shops fix 10/25/2008 06:41 PM CDT
I've never heard of an herb shop with a modifier like what he is talking about. I can still steal any herb just fine, and foraging them still has the same benefits over stealing them that it always has.

The modifiers he's referring to are things like ordering "a gold ring" versus just "a ring." Before, stealing didn't take into account the extra cost of the "gold" modifier. Now it does.

Rev. Reene

Gylwyn says to you, "Heretics are often the finders of truth."
re: catalog shops fix 10/25/2008 06:42 PM CDT
>And as a side effect makes foraging a little more useful. No more 150 stealing can get you any herb.

Afraid it will probably not affect this, unless you can find a place selling platinum or ironwood jadice flowers! ::duck::

I mentioned this in another thread, but just to make sure it's out there: this change will only affect items that use a material modifier designed to alter the value. For example, a silver ring a the jewelry store will now have a higher price than a plain ring, and an ironwood shield will now have slightly different stats than a normal shield.

GM Lohkrian

re: catalog shops fix 10/25/2008 08:40 PM CDT
<<I've never heard of an herb shop with a modifier like what he is talking about>>

Sorry, but I was more responding to general post than last one before mine on ironwood thing. I think if you try it out, you will find that stealing herbs is now harder. I have found that to be true in Shard at least.
re: catalog shops fix 10/25/2008 08:46 PM CDT
I tried it out in Haven. Was stealing things with the same amount of difficulty as I always have been.

Rev. Reene

Gylwyn says to you, "Heretics are often the finders of truth."
re: catalog shops fix 10/25/2008 08:50 PM CDT
I am getting caught in Crossing stealing Jadice Flowers and Yelith Roots.

Drevid

http://www.phiiskeep.homestead.com/Barbarian.html

Cylons... why debugging matters.
re: catalog shops fix 10/25/2008 09:17 PM CDT
same for me on the herb shop, with another twist.

all crossing, all attempted 5 hours at least in game after last stealing run.

jadice and plovik were still teaching me before the change. now they're trivial, and i got caught on ithor potion, which i've been stealing for 100 ranks without ever getting caught.

more info: caught two out of three times on headband tanning pattern at the tannery. app and weight are the same as they were before the change, if that mean anything.

on a happy note, i can steal from the jeweler again!
re: catalog shops fix 10/26/2008 07:32 PM CDT
>steal orange poppy
>Moving stealthily, you manage to grab a bright orange poppy right from underneath the florist Cecelia's very nose.
>You don't feel you learned anything useful from this trivial theft.
>The florist Cecelia points to where you lie concealed and begins to shout loudly for help.
>You come out of hiding.
>Roundtime: 8 sec.

>A passerby runs off, calling for Keladra to be arrested for assault!

Getting caught aside... am I supposed to be getting accused of assault?
re: catalog shops fix 10/28/2008 10:47 PM CDT
>Getting caught aside... am I supposed to be getting accused of assault?

you probably crushed that poor flower in your hand from the suprise of being caught. assault on a flower...for shame. :P

~Artilius