Sent to forums by in game GM, dire question 03/30/2005 07:04 AM CST
Hello,

I'm a member of the thief guild and when the title reset button came out, I foolishly chose to change my titles and now my ability to roleplay the character is just plain hindered.

I really was hoping, not for another new set, but just to get my old ones back.

Here is what a GH said in game:

Belcaesar whispers, "ok.. Best solution we got ..is posting in the ASK the GMs topic.. their the ones most familiar with the button and such.. That way no one breaks anything"

Feel free to e-mail me, or to pull me out of the game to discuss.
Thanks and I really hope you can do me this favor,
Sincerely
John
Re: Sent to forums by in game GM, dire question 03/30/2005 03:28 PM CST
I think the ASK THE GMs Folder he mentioned is the ASK THE THIEFLY GM folder under thief guild. May want to try posting this there to get their attention.
Re: Sent to forums by in game GM, dire question 04/02/2005 10:07 PM CST
The big red button gives you a lot of warnings to make it very very clear that you shouldn't expect additional resets or changes to your pretend title set. At this time we have no plans to change that.

- Natala
"It's hard to be a bastion of holiness and the light when you're crouching furtively behind a crate."
- GameMaster Armifer
Re: Sent to forums by in game GM, dire question 04/07/2005 01:10 PM CDT
Given that we can now pay $250.00 to retrieve a walked character, might there be an option to reset our character to prior to hitting the button?

I have not made this mistake. However, I have made plenty of typos and I have misread enough that I would appreciate knowing some sort of option was there.

Mists and Magic, Ocean Breazes, Deep Rivers Under the Sea, Trails Between the Stars: Where nothing is as it seems.
Re: Sent to forums by in game GM, dire question 04/09/2005 05:02 AM CDT
The button requires you to go through several different commands while it emphatically warns you that this will be the only time you can use it. It's enormously improbable that anyone has or will ever set it off by mistake -- and it was designed carefully to be sure that is the case.

- Natala
"It's hard to be a bastion of holiness and the light when you're crouching furtively behind a crate."
- GameMaster Armifer
Re: Sent to forums by in game GM, dire question 04/16/2005 10:08 AM CDT
While such preventive measures exist, I'm not sure I understand precisely the actual -issue- of giving someone the option to reset/change titles back.

If it's only a programming issue, I think you should just take it under advisement, instead of just saying it's impossible..

In terms of limiting abuse, you could merley set it so that a person can only change once an in game year, time between doubling each instance.. so, 3 months for the first time, then 6, then 12, then 24.. that'd definitely limit it from abuse. Or just cap it around 2, with said time constraints, to stop people from further abuse issues...
Re: Sent to forums by in game GM, dire question 04/17/2005 07:39 PM CDT
The measures we took exist to ensure that no one changes the titles accidentally, and so that they're quite clear on the fact that we don't intend to do so for them again. That's why the messaging was written to be so clear on the fact that this should be used as the one and only opportunity to reset their pretend guild.

- Natala
- GameMaster Armifer