Re: Updates to COUNT and INVENTORY 02/16/2021 02:17 AM CST
Is it intended that this change made it so that you can't check your inventory at all during round time anymore? I could have sworn I could before this change.

>perc
You reach out with your senses and see dim (2/21) streams of golden Holy mana radiating through the area. Flecks of black drift slowly through the mana streams.
Letting your senses extend further, you feel there is immensely more mana to the east.
Roundtime: 8 sec.

>inv
...wait 7 seconds.
Re: Updates to COUNT and INVENTORY 02/16/2021 07:38 AM CST
I propose this change be rolled back until a more elegant solution is ready. Commands like... inventory, inventory check, inventory atfeet... don't need roundtime.
Re: Updates to COUNT and INVENTORY 02/18/2021 08:13 PM CST
> Is it intended that this change made it so that you can't check your inventory at all during round time anymore?

Per the original post, yes, "A bug was also fixed that allowed INV LIST, INV SEARCH, INV SLOTS, INV SLOTS FULL, and INV {CONTAINER} to be used while in roundtime; these actions produce roundtime themselves, and it's not intended they should be used while in roundtime."

> I could have sworn I could before this change.

Correct, before this change you didn't incur roundtime, or blocked if in roundtime, from checking your inventory.

Per GM Ynami in a comment to that post, "Based on usage, feedback, and GM discussion, the INV SHOW and INV [slot] commands will now be usable while in roundtime. Other INV options will continue to check and/or add roundtime."
Re: Updates to COUNT and INVENTORY 02/19/2021 09:09 AM CST
Still not understanding why inventory CHECK needs roundtime.
Re: Updates to COUNT and INVENTORY 02/19/2021 01:28 PM CST
>>Still not understanding why inventory CHECK needs roundtime.

Or INV <container>. What's the rationale for RT on this when it's the same output as LOOK/RUMMAGE, just in a more readable format.
Re: Updates to COUNT and INVENTORY 02/19/2021 10:54 PM CST

I am not sure why anything involving inventory needs a RT...

I mean if the larger goal is to encourage people to reduce their inventories, adding arbitrary RT seems to just be counter to that and almost punishment for trying to know all the stuff you might be carrying.

And a change I would love for the tuesday tidings or whatever is an ACTUAL number when I use inv check. I don't want vague RP text when I am potentially getting close to the no no room.