Re: Treasure System Updates 11/30/2015 02:47 PM CST
Glad to see this update. Really has been needed for some time.

> For the most part, we've finished these updates

A few quick questions...

Will we be seeing new arrowhead drops. Not they they are really rare or anything like that but it could be a minor QOL improvement for those that craft arrows. Some people would most likely not like this but we did have the other arrowheads for so long.

A chance not to have to travel to Hara, only because I stumbled upon a few hele arrowheads, kind of QOL improvement is the kind of thing I was referring to.

Another thing that exits/existed were flights. Glue was updated which is good just curious about the flights at this point. Not that they really matter either as they are cheap and easy to purchase at the societies.

Junk items in the room: a stone mortar, a flask of oil, a grimy marble pestle, a slim lockpick, and a slim lockpick.

This really was a needed update so Thank you. Even if I don't get to occasionally find arrowheads this update is worth the time put into it.
Re: Treasure System Updates 11/30/2015 03:09 PM CST
This is cool. Thanks.

I may be misreading it, but when you mention 'rare' finds does that include the lower tier of rare metals, like lumium? Or Kertig?
Re: Treasure System Updates 11/30/2015 03:57 PM CST
>>lumium? Or Kertig?

Noooo. Rare metals you will still find predominantly by mining. If you mean my comment on runestones, it refers to rare runestone materials.

>>arrowheads and flights

I need to chat with Kodius before we can look at adding new arrowheads or flights in.

The hardest question to answer on items that we add to these bins are "would a creature have picked this up from a player?" Finding pieces from a creature normally on Hara'jaal, while useful for shaping, might not make a ton of sense to find on creatures all over Elanthia. There are far more things that make less sense in DragonRealms, though, so it's subject to discussion with staff.

Any additional changes made to the bins (such as items added) will be posted about. Right now, we're done with them, but very happy to hear feedback and suggestions that can be reviewed and decided upon.

---
NaOH+HI
Re: Treasure System Updates 11/30/2015 04:12 PM CST
>>it refers to rare runestone materials.

Was the list of rare runestone materials posted somewhere? Would love to highlight them so I don't get excited every time I see sunstone runestone before remembering it's Compost.
Re: Treasure System Updates 11/30/2015 04:29 PM CST

I thought sunstone was Hands of Larrisa? Or however it's spelled?
Re: Treasure System Updates 11/30/2015 05:08 PM CST
>Noooo. Rare metals you will still find predominantly by mining. If you mean my comment on runestones, it refers to rare runestone materials.

That's what I thought, and why I assumed I misread your post.

Thanks for the clarification!
Re: Treasure System Updates 11/30/2015 05:16 PM CST
> The hardest question to answer on items that we add to these bins are "would a creature have picked this up from a player?" Finding pieces from a creature normally on Hara'jaal, while useful for shaping, might not make a ton of sense to find on creatures all over Elanthia

Arrow breakage now exists and different players use different varieties of arrows. I could certainly see a creature that would pick up a runestone decide to pick up an arrowhead.

Having the lower tiered arrows a bit more common place than the more exotic ones would make sense. With the exotic ones being more of a rare find. Right now though there are eleven different types of arrows and crossbow crafting is looming.

> while useful for shaping, might not make a ton of sense to find on creatures all over Elanthia

Just to clarify. I did not intend to single out Sleek Hele'la or Hara'jaal in particular. Was just using that as an example of how finding a hele'la arrowhead (one part) could be a minor QOL improvement. The normal Sleek Hele'la fang makes five arrowheads.

> Finding pieces from a creature normally on Hara'jaal,
Another example here. I would not expect to find a razor-edged elsralael tooth on Hara'jaal, however an elsralael arrowhead could be a different story.

Maybe I am just a bit odd or a product of how I grew up, but as a person it always lifts my spirits when I find an arrowhead.

The flights thing like I said is not really a big deal. They can be purchased at the societies.
Re: Treasure System Updates 11/30/2015 06:46 PM CST
>>WILLARDR

No, they are good points and I appreciate you making them.

>>Was the list of rare runestone materials posted somewhere?

Yeah. Here's some info on runestones: https://elanthipedia.play.net/mediawiki/index.php/Post:Notification_Legacy_Arcana/Magical_Device/Runestone_Spell_Items_-_09/09/2015_-_21:30

And here's some for materials: https://elanthipedia.play.net/mediawiki/index.php/Post:Runestone_Materials_and_You_-_09/23/2015_-_15:03

>>I thought sunstone was..

While the treasure system ones and shop-sold ones are static, that will be going away and you'll see much more variety showing up. A post will be made when the random system is ready. Right now, there are static items, same material, same spell setup in the bins.

---
NaOH+HI
Re: Treasure System Updates 11/30/2015 06:56 PM CST
So this means cotton thread is dropping now instead of useless thread???

This will save me soooo much money.
Re: Treasure System Updates 11/30/2015 07:05 PM CST
>While the treasure system ones and shop-sold ones are static, that will be going away and you'll see much more variety showing up. A post will be made when the random system is ready. Right now, there are static items, same material, same spell setup in the bins.

I meant to ask about this when you first posted. So currently, every 'red' runestone is 'punch', and 'punch' is only found on 'red' runestones. In the new system, a 'red' runestone might be any of X number of spells (as appropriate for the rarity/etc./etc./etc.), and 'punch' might be found on a 'blue' runestone.
Re: Treasure System Updates 12/01/2015 08:43 AM CST
>>I meant to ask about this when you first posted. So currently, every 'red' runestone is 'punch', and 'punch' is only found on 'red' runestones. In the new system, a 'red' runestone might be any of X number of spells (as appropriate for the rarity/etc./etc./etc.), and 'punch' might be found on a 'blue' runestone.

Right now, every "red" runestone you find on a creature is probably "punch". "Punch" can be found on any runestone, but if it's a creature/box drop, it's probably on a "red" runestone for now, because I did not add duplicates to the bins. Currently, you might find an electrum runestone with Calm off a creature, but you might also find an electrum runestone with Acid Splash in a shop. (Just an example. Acid Splash is considered a rare spell and would not be in a 24/7 shop.)

New system, every runestone will be a random material and a random spell. The chances of scoring a rare material runestone are higher than scoring a rare spell on the runestone. Finding the two together will be even more rare, but the material has NO bearing at all. CURRENT system, I've set up rare spelled runestones with rare materials, because it seemed fair to do so.

Confused yet?

---
NaOH+HI
Re: Treasure System Updates 12/01/2015 08:44 AM CST
>>So this means cotton thread is dropping now instead of useless thread???

Yes, but the quality isn't super.

---
NaOH+HI
Re: Treasure System Updates 12/01/2015 11:55 AM CST
So to be clear, you basically changed all of the stuff to work on the new systems...and then changed all the drop rates?

::ducks::

Monster Elec

You hear the distant echo of a savage Horde snarling in barbaric disapproval of your deeds.
Re: Treasure System Updates 12/01/2015 12:45 PM CST
>So to be clear, you basically changed all of the stuff to work on the new systems...and then changed all the drop rates?

Now that's funny I don't care who you are. Can you fill us in on which drop rates were actually changed?

::hides behind Elec::

Rhadyn da Dwarb - Blood for fire!
Re: Treasure System Updates 12/01/2015 01:35 PM CST
Jerkbags. lol

---
NaOH+HI