Stony Labyrinth 12/14/2020 06:55 AM CST
Can anyone please tell me how to get out of the Stony Labyrinth in the Abandoned Mine off the Northern Trade Route? I wandered in to kill a cave bear for a quest from my guildleader. And it turns out I could only barely kill it without getting killed, so I'd really like to hightail it out of there! But I haven't been able to find any pattern to the few distinguishing features that appear in rooms (markings, a rock, bones), and I don't really have the ability to systematically test movement patterns because oh my god bears.

--Ciaranthus
Re: Stony Labyrinth 12/14/2020 07:41 AM CST
Did you make it out? For help gweths or discord are almost always better than the forums.

https://discordapp.com/invite/012CV9CNB6YximtAZ

~Hunter Hanryu
>I would like to avoid the collection of broken dreams and sorrow that is the Ranger guild.~Agalea
Re: Stony Labyrinth 12/14/2020 07:57 AM CST
If you are where I think you are, there should be a bridge you can cross to get into beiswurms. From there, you can find a rope, ladder, and creeper you can climb to get the Hoo-rah out. Good luck!

Ryeka

Sometimes the key to happiness is not assuming it is locked in the first place- Ziggy

A journey of a thousand SMILES begins with a single step- Ziggy
Re: Stony Labyrinth 12/14/2020 12:26 PM CST
Thanks, both of you. I didn't know about the Discord, but the forums have already provided more of a response than the subreddit. I'll see if I can find the bridge to beiswurms, and if I can't then I'll try Discord. I don't have a gweth; where can I get one?
Re: Stony Labyrinth 12/14/2020 12:51 PM CST
Okay, it turns out you can eventually find a room in the mine, the "Bone Room," that doesn't have the identical every-direction exits of the Stony Labyrinth. I honestly don't know how I got there; I just kept picking directions at random, especially after I realized that two of the "landmarks" I was using were just...mundane objects other players had probably dropped in there. Anyway, the Bone Room has an exit via a "crawlway" with an illusory wall at the far end. Which promptly deposits you in the terrifyingly high-level warklin mauler area! But at least it has normal geography.

--Ciaranthus
Re: Stony Labyrinth 12/14/2020 01:52 PM CST
We hope you enjoyed this mid-90s gaming experience. Hopefully you didn't encounter a grue while in there.

TG, TG, GL, et al.

"Disagreement with the fundamental plan at this point is akin to supporting Richard III vs the Tudors." -Raesh
Re: Stony Labyrinth 12/14/2020 01:54 PM CST

Gweths are player made through the enchanting system and you can find them in the trader markets or give me a shout on Discord (Jalika#4159) and I'll drop one off for you.

Jalika