Updates to treasure maps 10/14/2020 08:53 PM CDT
Greetings!

Treasure maps will now always point to a place that has been visited before by someone. Whenever you READ a treasure map, it's going to make sure it's a valid map. Going forward if you were wanting to have your map checked, the answer is almost certainly going to be "Yep, it's valid!"

A small note on valid areas or tricky maps: very rarely the treasure is buried in places that are restricted (a back room of a guild-restricted shop such as Emmiline's Cottage, or a premium-only hunting area). Our official stance is that if someone can get to the room, it's a valid map. You may need to work with a friend to find buried treasure, as that's part of the puzzle.

I've put the change into the Prime and Platinum instances. Fallen will follow within the week.

- GM Ynami
Re: Updates to treasure maps 10/15/2020 04:14 AM CDT

Thanks for the update!

It's reminded me that have a heck of a lot of unexplored treasure maps. There's my weekend gone.
Re: Updates to treasure maps 10/15/2020 11:52 AM CDT
This is fantastic. Thanks!

Will current maps "update", or will this only apply to maps that drop after the fix?

~Hunter Hanryu
>I would like to avoid the collection of broken dreams and sorrow that is the Ranger guild.~Agalea
Re: Updates to treasure maps 10/15/2020 02:50 PM CDT
>>Treasure maps will now always point to a place that has been visited before by someone.

Silly Q but is this change retroactive or is it moving forward? Eyeing my pile of maps that I think are wonky...

Uzmam! The Chairman will NOT be pleased to know you're trying to build outside of approved zones. I'd hate for you to be charged the taxes needed to have this place re-zoned. Head for the manor if you're feeling creative.
Re: Updates to treasure maps 10/16/2020 12:15 AM CDT
>> Will current maps "update", or will this only apply to maps that drop after the fix?

"Whenever you READ a treasure map, it's going to make sure it's a valid map." That is to say, it's for every map in the game.

- GM Ynami
Re: Updates to treasure maps 10/16/2020 06:39 AM CDT
"Whenever you READ a treasure map, it's going to make sure it's a valid map." That is to say, it's for every map in the game.

<3

~Hunter Hanryu
>I would like to avoid the collection of broken dreams and sorrow that is the Ranger guild.~Agalea