Map! Maybe M'Riss? 07/03/2014 09:21 AM CDT
Anyone know if there is any farmland on M'Riss?

> study my map
The map has a large 'X' marked in the middle of it. Near the marking, you can see several dotted lines forming a square. Contour lines drawn along the map indicate that the destination is located near sea level, and a drawing of two farm plots surrounds the 'X'. Straight lines have been drawn from the center, pointing southeast and west. From other markings on the map, you guess that the destination is directly south of here.

It is southeast of the Crossing and south of Ratha. I assume that is M'Riss, but I wanted to make sure there were farmlands on M'Riss before I went and made the long trip on my circle 14 Thief out to M'Riss to get lost and die many horrible deaths.
Re: Map! Maybe M'Riss? 07/03/2014 09:37 AM CDT
This is on M'Riss, so yes:

[Island Ring Road, Belarritaco Bay]
Small farms flourish here in lowland soil close to the market in Mer'Kresh. Some of the richest soil on all M'Riss makes crops grow vigorously and the road even sprouts a remarkable crop of weeds. The wealth of farmers in this region is noticeable by the size and upkeep of the houses.
Obvious paths: east, southwest.
Re: Map! Maybe M'Riss? 07/03/2014 09:41 AM CDT
Given those directions, it is definitely either M'Riss or Mer'kresh. There's a couple areas with w,se exits in and around caracals it could be, as well as near the village with the boat docks. There's also some places in and around the main city, although I don't know if those would be farmland.
Re: Map! Maybe M'Riss? 07/03/2014 09:46 AM CDT
> Given those directions, it is definitely either M'Riss or Mer'kresh.

Fang Cove is also southeast of Crossing and south of Ratha, though I don't think it has any farmland. It also shouldn't be a target for maps, but that doesn't mean it won't be.
Re: Map! Maybe M'Riss? 07/03/2014 09:51 AM CDT
Fang Cove was directly south of Hara'jaal and south east of Ratha last I checked, admittedly years ago.
Re: Map! Maybe M'Riss? 07/03/2014 09:56 AM CDT
Huh, could be. I was going off the zone map. That's a very lose notion of southeast, then.
Re: Map! Maybe M'Riss? 07/03/2014 10:03 AM CDT
It explains how direction is displayed on the zone map page. In order to be considered south, north, east, or west it has to be in the same row or column. Anything outside of that, even by just one displacement will be considered one of southeast, southwest, northeast, or northwest even if it's mostly in one of the 4 cardinal directions.
Re: Map! Maybe M'Riss? 07/03/2014 10:04 AM CDT
According to the official Simutronics map, Fang Cove(I'm 99.99999999% certain it's in the Wolf's Maw, but I could be mistaken) is directly east of Shard and directly south of M'riss.

Thanks for the info, guys. M'Riss is obviously my target. I just wanted to double check that there were actually farms there before I made that trip on a sad little 14th circle character.
Re: Map! Maybe M'Riss? 07/03/2014 10:06 AM CDT
<<I just wanted to double check that there were actually farms there before I made that trip on a sad little 14th circle character.

Tip: Take the airship from Langenfirth. By far the fastest way. Top of the tree in the middle of town. It will drop you off in a safe room in caracals/peccaries.