Map help? 06/05/2014 12:58 AM CDT
Hi all, so I am a bit stumped with this map...mostly because I am not sure what would be NORTHEAST of Dirge - is that the islands somewhere?

Here is what I have when in Dirge:

The map has a large 'X' marked in the middle of it. Near the marking, you can see several dotted lines forming a square. Contour lines drawn along the map indicate that the destination is located near sea level, and a simple sketch of several buildings surrounds the 'X'. Straight lines have been drawn from the center, pointing northeast, southeast, and west. From other markings on the map, you guess that the destination is northeast from here.
[If you think you've found the treasure, you can STUDY the map to see.]

Any thoughts?

Thanks!
Re: Map help? 06/05/2014 01:03 AM CDT
The islands or possibly Throne City.

Weapons for Sale:
http://www.elanthipedia.play.net/mediawiki/User:Caraamon#Wares
Hunta Talna Kortok, built by Gor'Togs, for Gor'Togs
http://www.angelfire.com/rpg2/caraamon/home.html
Re: Map help? 06/05/2014 01:14 AM CDT
More specifically, it's either Throne City or Aesry. Those are the only zones that are northeast of Dirge.
Re: Map help? 06/05/2014 07:59 AM CDT
You're missing a line of information from the map that would probably help a lot. I'm thinking it's tied to scholarship, but I could be wrong. The missing line tells you if you are or are not in the correct province.

A brief, unbidden thought crosses your mind that you just implicated yourself and Anjinson in the murder of Terald Sanfala. You wonder if anyone will notice.
Re: Map help? 06/05/2014 10:11 AM CDT
Don't forget about the "WHERE" command:

> where help

The WHERE verb lets you get a sense for where you are in Elanthia. You can use this to find out what areas of interest are around you, and also where you currently are in relation to major parts of the world.

You can use the following options with this command:

WHERE - Recall points of interest nearby.
WHERE [DIRECTION] - Recall what you know about points of interest to that direction.
WHERE CITIES - Recall where major cities are in relation to you.
WHERE LANDMARKS - Recall where major landmarks are in relation to you.
WHERE ALL - Recall both cities and landmarks are in relation to you.
WHERE [TOWN/CLAN] - Recall where you are in relation to that town or clan.
WHERE SUGGEST [SUGGESTION] - Suggest an interesting area or location that's nearby.

TG, TG, GL, et al.

"Disagreement with the fundamental plan at this point is akin to supporting Richard III vs the Tudors."
-Raesh
Re: Map help? 06/05/2014 12:47 PM CDT
Wow. Never knew that one existed.

Why not use the zone map on elanthipedia?

I'm a badger, I be badgerin'
Re: Map help? 06/06/2014 01:09 AM CDT
Honestly, I have never used WHERE in game before...thanks for that!

I figured it was on the islands, but hadn't thought about Throne City.

Oh and Scholarship is only in the mid 300s, so that might be why I am missing a line?

Thanks for all the help, I am going to check Throne City and then hit Aesry.
Re: Map help? 06/12/2014 07:42 PM CDT
So finally got around to getting my treasure, and it was in Throne City...good call!

This what I got:

You get a white linen handkerchief embroidered with a playful kelpie from inside your black suede pack.
Fine threaded linen is trimmed in delicate red lace, the playful kelpie sporting a loaded bow and aiming for a small heart in an opposing corner.

As you study the handkerchief, you think you could probably pinch, rub, wave, pull, kiss and push it.
> pinch hand
You clutch at your linen handkerchief, choking back a tear.
> rub hand
You dab your linen handkerchief at the corner of your eye, sniffling softly.
> wave hand
You wave your linen handkerchief in a departing gesture, a tear rolling down your cheek.
> pull hand
You gaze down at your linen handkerchief, rubbing it betwen your fingers as tears stream down your face.
> kiss hand
Clutching your linen handkerchief tightly in your hand, you cover your mouth in an attempt to hide your shocked expression.
> push hand
Lowering your face into the folds of your linen handkerchief, you weep in silent anguish.

Thanks to whoever designed this, it is hilarious and I love it.
Re: Map help? 06/12/2014 07:44 PM CDT
Of the 3-4 maps I've looted, the most awesome so far was a glaes worn belt/skinning knife (not a 'skinning' knife sadly). It's just a normal one, but I like it a lot.

I'm a badger, I be badgerin'
Re: Map help? 06/12/2014 09:38 PM CDT
>You get a white linen handkerchief embroidered with a playful kelpie from inside your black suede pack.

Are those messages first person or 3rd? If they're 1st person the 3rd person messaging might be even funnier.

Vote:
http://www.topmudsites.com/vote-DragonRealms.html
Re: Map help? 06/13/2014 01:10 AM CDT
First person, I'll have to see what the third person are :)