Treasure Map Advice 12/10/2013 08:51 PM CST
Well, this map is driving me a little bit crazy, so I'm hoping somebody will be able to offer some advice. Here's what I've got:

The map has a large 'X' marked in the middle of it. Near the marking, you can see several dotted lines forming a square. Contour lines drawn along the map indicate that the destination is located near sea level, and empty space surrounds the 'X'. Straight lines have been drawn from the center, pointing southeast, southwest, and northwest. From other markings on the map, you guess that the destination is somewhere nearby. Judging by your surrounding environment, you will find the treasure in this province.

It's somewhere in the vicinity of Hibarnhvidar. It's south of the Chedik Bridge on the Hawstkaal Road, west of the ferry dock leading to Ain Ghazal, west of the Trabe Plateau and north of the Crystalline Gorge. I made a trip across to Ain Ghazal just in case there was anything weird with the particular room for the docks, but everywhere there was showing the treasure to the west as well. I've had trouble finding rooms that match those exits at all, to say nothing of finding something near sea level. The north end of the Crystalline Gorge has the right exits, but that room was exactly where I hit the boundary telling me that I should be looking to the north.

- Miskton
Re: Treasure Map Advice 12/11/2013 05:22 PM CST
That map looks suspiciously like my map, which I had to have replaced. I think everything about it was the same except I had one additional exit (ne). So it might be in an area that is not yet released, etc.

What I did was go through every map for the Hib area looking for spots. I tried all of those, then went inside all the shops and guilds in Hib as well. After I had exhausted that, I assisted and ended up getting a new map.

-- Player of Eyuve
Re: Treasure Map Advice 01/01/2014 08:36 AM CST
Only spot I'm seeing is just north of Raven's point. Ranik's map 126. point where it says go wall/shard. If not there well maybe assist and make sure.

Abison/Rystien
Re: Treasure Map Advice 01/17/2014 03:34 AM CST
I too need help with a map. <the map is being read in another province, but I have narrowed it down to being located somewhere on Ratha. However, I've checked rooms with that description on Ranik's, and don't seem to be able to find it. Description is as follows:

The map has a large 'X' marked in the middle of it. Near the marking, you can see a sketch of the opening of a cavern. Contour lines drawn along the map indicate that the destination is located near sea level, and empty space surrounds the 'X'. Straight lines have been drawn from the center, pointing south and northwest. From other markings on the map, you guess that the destination is southeast from here. Judging by your surrounding environment, you will not find the treasure in this province.

I also don't seem to be able to locate a cavern.

<<The real thing DR needs is to get out there to the kids who actually read books.>>
Re: Treasure Map Advice 01/17/2014 05:58 AM CST
Sounds like the entrance to sand sprites.
Re: Treasure Map Advice 01/17/2014 10:01 AM CST
>I also don't seem to be able to locate a cavern.

I think that part of the description might be a clue about whether it is indoor or outdoor.
Re: Treasure Map Advice 01/17/2014 02:40 PM CST
>Near the marking, you can see a sketch of the opening of a cavern

Have you tried the bazaar?

You are Kasto del'Fawkraste, a Rakash.
Your face is a smooth, glossy grey. Your bottle-nosed snout is full of tiny sharp teeth, and a fine mist of salt-tinged air sprays from a hole in the back of your head as you breathe.