Treasure Map help 12/05/2013 04:22 PM CST
Hey all, so I have been trying to track down this map and it is driving me crazy. I thought I would see if fresh eyes could give me some ideas.

The map has a large 'X' marked in the middle of it. Near the marking, you can see several dotted lines forming a square. Contour lines drawn along the map indicate that the destination is located well above sea level, and empty space surrounds the 'X'. Straight lines have been drawn from the center, pointing southwest and northwest. From other markings on the map, you guess that the destination is somewhere nearby.
[If you think you've found the treasure, you can STUDY the map to see.]

It is in the Crossings area, Knife clan is too far west, but everything else is "somewhere nearby" - I have checked out the north gate, east gate, north of Crossings all the way to the Ferry (Kaerna village area it changes to "south of here") and even gone over the ferry south of Crossing (as soon as you get off ferry it is "north of here")

I tried hunting preserve, eels, etc. With the NW, SW exits, it is a pretty distinctive room so have tried every one I can find, still no luck.

Any ideas? (thanks!)
Re: Treasure Map help 12/05/2013 04:52 PM CST
Try laakvor. You might also assist to have someone check it is a room that is possible to get to. I've had maps need resetting due to that. More than once.

- Starlear -
Re: Treasure Map help 12/05/2013 05:19 PM CST
When in doubt assist and ask a GM to check it. And maybe ask them to double check it. I had one that a GM said was valid and another GM 2 weeks later said wasn't, turns out the systems aren't super-easy and clear for them.
Re: Treasure Map help 12/05/2013 05:49 PM CST
"Well above sea level" suggests to me the cliffs west of cougars (blood wolf/ogre area). Or the cliffs with cougars/jackals(?) off of Siergelde (the favor area).

As the others have said, if you have literally tried every room with those exits in Zoluren, assist. This happened to me and it was an invalid map.

-- Player of Eyuve
Re: Treasure Map help 12/05/2013 07:09 PM CST
S'lai Scouts/Sorrow's Reach area perhaps.
Re: Treasure Map help 12/06/2013 06:21 PM CST
Thanks! I had the same thought about cougars/ogres, but that was too far west.

I'll get a GM to check it, I hadn't thought that it might be an inaccessible area.

Those other areas I'll check tonight, I appreciate all the help! I'll post if I actually find the darn thing.
Re: Treasure Map help 12/12/2013 12:46 AM CST
Thanks for the help again to those who gave suggestions...I finally found it in Rock Trolls.

In the iron skippet you see a small clear diamond, a small cinnamon chrysoberyl, a large moss-green bloodstone, some platinum coins and a length of nightmare-black silk.

You pick up 8 platinum Kronars.
You are certain that the clear diamond is worth exactly 17400 Kronars.
You are certain that the cinnamon chrysoberyl is worth exactly 4545 Kronars.
You are certain that the moss-green bloodstone is worth exactly 6183 Kronars.

You get a diaphanous length of nightmare-black silk patterned with vivid fuchsia blotches from inside your iron skippet.

A length of soft fabric, it is meant to be wrapped about the head, face and neck to protect sensitive areas from harsh, desert winds. The eye-searing pink blotches resemble, from some angles, the pattern of spots on a leopard's coat.

The nightmare-black silk is pocketed.
The nightmare-black silk is quite supple.
It appears that the nightmare-black silk can be worn.
You are certain that the nightmare-black silk weighs exactly 5 stones.
You are certain that the nightmare-black silk is worth exactly 375000 Kronars.

Pretty interesting, other than the fuschia blotches. :P