Troublesome Treasure Map 11/18/2013 05:39 PM CST
I have this map that has caused me (and two others) many hours of endless difficulty. Due to the mention (see below) of angular boulders I figured it would be around the Greater Fist area. However, I can't find it. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

When standing at the room south of the ferry from the NTR to Riverhaven:
The map has a large 'X' marked in the middle of it. Near the marking, you can see several dotted lines forming a square. Contour lines drawn along the map indicate that the destination is located near sea level, and large angular boulders surround the 'X'. Straight lines have been drawn from the center, pointing northeast and northwest. From other markings on the map, you guess that the destination is directly west of here. Judging by your surrounding environment, you will find the treasure in this province.

More directions:
If I am standing below the now defunct Moon Mage Guild, it says it is directly north.
If I am outside Haven East Gate it tells me it is directly west.
If I am outside Haven West Gate it tells me it is nearby (I checked all places in this area).
If I am outside Haven North Gate it says nearby.
If I am on the Road to Theren (from Haven) it tells me it is directly south.
If I am at the barge in Lang, it says it is southeast.
If in the Zalfung Swamp it is southwest.

I tried everywhere I can think of. I assisted because I thought it might be in the NE/NW room in the inaccessible Moon Mage Guild; but the GM said it is in a place that is accessible and that I was in the right general area, sort of… ;)

--Just a Squire
Re: Troublesome Treasure Map 11/19/2013 12:42 AM CST
>The map has a large 'X' marked in the middle of it. Near the marking, you can see several dotted lines forming a square. Contour lines drawn along the map indicate that the destination is located near sea level, and large angular boulders surround the 'X'. Straight lines have been drawn from the center, pointing northeast and northwest. From other markings on the map, you guess that the destination is directly west of here. Judging by your surrounding environment, you will find the treasure in this province.

Dusk ogre caves is all I can think of. Unless its the greater fist?

Because Necromancers.
-TEVESHSZAT
Re: Troublesome Treasure Map 11/19/2013 02:29 AM CST
Yeah, the dusk ogre caves were what came to mind.

Weapons for Sale:
http://www.elanthipedia.org/wiki/User:Caraamon#Wares
Hunta Talna Kortok, built by Gor'Togs, for Gor'Togs
http://www.angelfire.com/rpg2/caraamon/home.html
Re: Troublesome Treasure Map 11/19/2013 11:14 AM CST
Yeah I searched every room in Dusk Ogre's. Was one of my first thoughts. No go.

I had thought about the Greater Fist, but when I try to go down the footpath to it I am told that some unseeable force prevents me from doing that. The GM said it is in an accessible place...

--Just a Squire
Re: Troublesome Treasure Map 11/19/2013 11:32 AM CST
The GM you asked might not know that the Greater Fist is closed due to events?

It's not anywhere in Riverhaven city proper, is it?
Re: Troublesome Treasure Map 11/19/2013 11:41 AM CST
Hmm. The Greater Fist shouldn't be blocked off now that the event has passed, I believe. I'll follow up. (The Lesser Fist is still closed, however.)

-Raesh

"Ever notice that B.A.'s flavor text swells in direct proportion to how much one of our characters is getting screwed?" - Brian Van Hoose
Re: Troublesome Treasure Map 11/19/2013 05:10 PM CST
Sometimes areas aren't marked properly for zones. It took us quite a bit longer than it would've otherwise to find a map out Shard's west gate because the housing area in the mountains gave an inaccurate message for location and we didn't think to check elsewhere out that particular gate. I'd check 2-3 places outside of each gate to make sure.
Re: Troublesome Treasure Map 11/19/2013 10:29 PM CST
so, i found 2 spots it might be.. but i don't see any indication on raniks maps indicating boulders...

the southern edge of the haven map, after going down the ladder,
and the actual docks.. though i'm a lot less confident of this one.

>The shadowling exclaims, "Mana neeto!"
Re: Troublesome Treasure Map 11/20/2013 12:30 AM CST
<<the southern edge of the haven map, after going down the ladder,
and the actual docks.. though i'm a lot less confident of this one.>>

Yeah, I tried those spots. No go.

I'll try getting into the Greater Fist again next time I am in the area. There are two spots in there that match the map.

--Just a Squire