Map is driving me nuts 05/13/2013 03:22 PM CDT
The map has a large 'X' marked in the middle of it. Near the marking, you can see several dotted lines forming a square. Contour lines drawn along the map indicate that the destination is located near sea level, and empty space surrounds the 'X'. From other markings on the map, you guess that the destination is somewhere nearby. Judging by your surrounding environment, you will find the treasure in this province.

It is somewhere around Ratha.
Re: Map is driving me nuts 05/14/2013 01:47 PM CDT
I could be wrong- but that sounds like it might be somewhere on or near the beach.

Good luck!

Sometimes the key to happiness is not assuming it is locked in the first place- Ziggy

A journey of a thousand SMILES begins with a single step- Ziggy
Re: Map is driving me nuts 05/15/2013 11:16 PM CDT

Ok on this topic, I have a map that I've tried working on off and on for months literally.

The map has a large 'X' marked in the middle of it. Near the marking, you can see several dotted lines forming a square. Contour lines drawn along the map indicate that the destination is located near sea level, and a sketch of a grassy plateau is drawn above the 'X'. Straight lines have been drawn from the center, pointing south and northwest. From other markings on the map, you guess that the destination is directly east of here. Judging by your surrounding environment, you will find the treasure in this province.

This is in theren, dusk ogres tunnel that I read it. I've assisted and was told yep it's valid. I have had help off and on over the last 6 months, still haven't had luck enough to find the blasted thing. PLEASE help me!!!
Re: Map is driving me nuts 05/15/2013 11:37 PM CDT
Have you tried http://elanthipedia.org/w/index.php/RanikMap30a around Coldspring Clearing?
or
http://elanthipedia.org/w/index.php/RanikMap33 Shortly before the southern entrance to Barghests?
Re: Map is driving me nuts 05/16/2013 02:40 PM CDT
I checked all the beach areas and all the rooms I could find with no cardinal directions.
Still no luck.
Re: Map is driving me nuts 05/16/2013 06:56 PM CDT
>>I checked all the beach areas and all the rooms I could find with no cardinal directions. Still no luck.

Wait a second, your map says this:

>>Straight lines have been drawn from the center, pointing south and northwest.

That means that you should be checking rooms with cardinal directions –- in particular, rooms with South and Northwest.

-- Player of Eyuve
Re: Map is driving me nuts 05/16/2013 07:12 PM CDT
Eyuve,

Two different players, two different maps.
Re: Map is driving me nuts 05/16/2013 07:25 PM CDT
There are two different map posts by two different posters.

TG, TG, GL, et al.

"Disagreement with the fundamental plan at this point is akin to supporting Richard III vs the Tudors."
-Raesh
Re: Map is driving me nuts 05/16/2013 10:09 PM CDT
"The map has a large 'X' marked in the middle of it. Near the marking, you can see several dotted lines forming a square. Contour lines drawn along the map indicate that the destination is located near sea level, and empty space surrounds the 'X'. From other markings on the map, you guess that the destination is somewhere nearby. Judging by your surrounding environment, you will find the treasure in this province."

I was the OP and that is mine, hehe
Re: Map is driving me nuts 05/17/2013 01:28 AM CDT
Ah, got it, sorry!

-- Player of Eyuve
Re: Map is driving me nuts 05/17/2013 01:50 AM CDT

Yeah sorry didn't mean to confuse the thread. I check both spots, the one by the home area says due east, and this is what it shows when I read it from the spot just south of barghest

> study map
The map has a large 'X' marked in the middle of it. Near the marking, you can see several dotted lines forming a square. Contour lines drawn along the map indicate that the destination is located near sea level, and a sketch of a grassy plateau is drawn above the 'X'. Straight lines have been drawn from the center, pointing south and northwest. From other markings on the map, you guess that the destination is southeast from here. Judging by your surrounding environment, you will find the treasure in this province.
Re: Map is driving me nuts 05/17/2013 02:29 AM CDT
Have you tried around Theren? The direction the map gives is prone to being hugely inaccurate at times. (If your treasure is at Aesry Docks/Sharks it'll say north or northwest until you get there.)
Re: Map is driving me nuts 05/18/2013 03:48 AM CDT
>The direction the map gives is prone to being hugely inaccurate at times.

Actually, it's been mentioned to me by a GM at one point that the player maps are not always terribly accurate when it comes the relationship between them.

I'm racking my brain to remember why I was told that, because I remember one of the maps was vastly off when it came to where we thought it was.

Weapons for Sale:
http://www.elanthipedia.org/wiki/User:Caraamon#Wares
Hunta Talna Kortok, built by Gor'Togs, for Gor'Togs
http://www.angelfire.com/rpg2/caraamon/home.html
Re: Map is driving me nuts 05/18/2013 05:43 AM CDT
>>Actually, it's been mentioned to me by a GM at one point that the player maps are not always terribly accurate when it comes the relationship between them.

One example of this is the viper/leucro/genie area. It's mapped as being on the east side of the NTR putting it just north of Stone Clan/Arthe, when in fact it is on the west side of the road putting it very close to Knife Clan. This really doesn't matter any other time, but with a map you will get the nearby message in Knife Clan when the treasure is in Genie. This happened on my first map, and just goes to show that the inaccuracies are in the player maps, not the treasure maps.
Re: Map is driving me nuts 05/18/2013 06:04 AM CDT
>This happened on my first map, and just goes to show that the inaccuracies are in the player maps, not the treasure maps.

Usually. Sometimes maps do spawn for impossible to access rooms (Though over time we've gotten most of those out of the system I think) and sometimes the locations on very specific rooms are wrong. So try, try some more and then try some more but if you end up really stuck, we'll glance at it through an assist to make sure it's working. We won't give you any other clues, but we can do that much.

-Raesh

"Ever notice that B.A.'s flavor text swells in direct proportion to how much one of our characters is getting screwed?" - Brian Van Hoose
Re: Map is driving me nuts 05/18/2013 07:49 AM CDT
For the Ratha map, did you try the four entrances to the sewer?

Abison/Rystien
Re: Map is driving me nuts 05/19/2013 06:13 PM CDT
I tried a couple. I will try more later.
Re: Map is driving me nuts 05/20/2013 03:43 PM CDT
Using Kythryn's maps and still can not find this evil treasure.
Re: Map is driving me nuts 06/01/2013 08:08 PM CDT
Rather late reply, but it's worth noting that up/down directions don't register on maps. So you might be looking for a room with just up and/or down cardinal directions.

The teeth lands a solid (5/23) hit that pokes the teeth into Turul's rear end (more embarrassing than painful!).
Re: Map is driving me nuts 06/02/2013 12:48 AM CDT
Oh boy, well now I know what to try next. Thanks for more of the time sink hehe.