My first treasure map 02/02/2013 03:26 AM CST
The map has a large 'X' marked in the middle of it. Near the marking, you can see several dotted lines forming a square. Contour lines drawn along the map indicate that the destination is located near sea level, and a drawing of two farm plots surrounds the 'X'. Straight lines have been drawn from the center, pointing southeast and northwest. From other markings on the map, you guess that the destination is directly east of here. Judging by your surrounding environment, you will not find the treasure in this province.

Found off an Adan'f mage, led to Celps out in Mer'Kresh. Only took us about five hours of searching!

You rummage through a gold-etched pine skippet and see a large peach andalusite, a medium cream-colored onyx, a large green-yellow tsavorite, some platinum coins and an ornate halberd capped with a blackened steel falcon's head.

5 platinum kronar. The halberd came with a weapon strap attached which was really handy since it wouldn't fit back in the skippet. Does anyone recognize if this might've come from a store or fest somewhere?

>
An ornate halberd capped with a blackened steel falcon's head is a halberd pole-ranged weapon.
An ornate halberd capped with a blackened steel falcon's head trains the polearm skill.

You are certain that it could do:
great puncture damage
great slice damage
fair impact damage
no fire damage
no cold damage
no electric damage

The ornate halberd is poorly designed for improving the force of your attacks.

You are certain that the halberd is decently balanced and is reasonably suited to gaining extra attack power from your strength.

You are certain that the ornate halberd is highly protected against damage, and is in pristine condition.

The ornate halberd is made with metal.
You are certain that the ornate halberd weighs about 59 stones.
You are certain that the ornate halberd is worth exactly 770000 lirums.

look halberd
>The masterfully wrought headpiece intricately details the features of the beast, with its sharply hooked beak and hooded eyes, each set with glistening bloodmist garnets. Rising from the falcon's head is an elongated tree spike, while ornate feathering adorns each face of the wing-shaped, razor-sharp blades that flank the piece. A cross-hatched pattern embellishes the polished flamewood haft, ensuring a secure grip to the wielder.
Re: My first treasure map 02/02/2013 07:23 AM CST
Congrats on the find. Hit me up at elven97@yahoo.cm if you decide to sell the halberd.
Re: My first treasure map 02/02/2013 10:14 AM CST
Must if not all the items in the treasures chests of map treasures are unique items, as far as its appraisal I'll let a crafter or one of those statistical lovers decide if its a firm weapon or not. I'm unfamiliar with the halberd category.

---
"I think anything that forces you to do something no sane adventurer would do just in order to train is ridiculous."
DR-SOCHARIS

---
Victory Over Lyras, on the 397th year and 156 days since the Victory of Lanival the Redeemer.
Re: My first treasure map 02/02/2013 10:19 AM CST
59 stone and those stats seems great to me, offhand, and the weapon itself is pretty dang good looking.

Congrats, I'm jealous.

Note: this is not a plug for Genie or Elanthipedia or Mars Bars.
Re: My first treasure map 02/02/2013 10:22 AM CST
Hard to say without an exact weight, but that looks the same as a crafted steel halberd, albeit with much better durability.
Re: My first treasure map 02/02/2013 11:55 AM CST
>>Hard to say without an exact weight, but that looks the same as a crafted steel halberd, albeit with much better durability.

Just to be more specific, it's probably crafted high-steel with much better durability.

I am a fan of the fact that high steel with better durability seems to be the go-to metric for GMs when they want to create non-quest/non-explicitly-rare prize weapons. I keep noticing more of them popping up after certain events, and it's always nice to see.

The teeth lands a solid (5/23) hit that pokes the teeth into Turul's rear end (more embarrassing than painful!).
Re: My first treasure map 02/02/2013 08:36 PM CST
As a weapon crafter, I heartily endorse using higher durability and pretty high carbon steel equivalents as prizes.

It doesn't make me feel useless, but it also hands out items that are better.

Weapons for Sale:
http://www.elanthipedia.org/wiki/User:Caraamon#Wares
Hunta Talna Kortok, built by Gor'Togs, for Gor'Togs
http://www.angelfire.com/rpg2/caraamon/home.html
Combat Balance List:
http://tinyurl.com/DRBalance
Re: My first treasure map 02/03/2013 01:50 PM CST
That's weird. Three days ago I got the same exact box(except mine didn't have the tsavorite) with the same exact halbred from my first treasure map(that lead me to the middle of the city in Muspar'i, for what it's worth).
Re: My first treasure map 02/03/2013 02:40 PM CST
As far as what I mean by unique, I don't mean totally one offs they still generate their treasures from a pool of items, and though extremely rare, and the chances of two being generated, I can totally see it happening.

---
"I think anything that forces you to do something no sane adventurer would do just in order to train is ridiculous."
DR-SOCHARIS

---
Victory Over Lyras, on the 397th year and 156 days since the Victory of Lanival the Redeemer.
Re: My first treasure map 02/03/2013 07:20 PM CST
>>As far as what I mean by unique, I don't mean totally one offs they still generate their treasures from a pool of items, and though extremely rare, and the chances of two being generated, I can totally see it happening.

I just meant it was weird that we got a nearly - it may have even been identical, I just don't recall getting a tsvarite from it - box within a day of each other on both of our first treasure maps ever.