Finding my first map and its treasure 09/27/2012 07:43 AM CDT
Long story about my experince with a treasure map

So yesterday I found a treasure map as loot off some adult grypons near Rossmans Landing. Was my 1st and I was beyond excited. So I took a nice break from hunting and went in search of it. I managed to track down the general area and focused on first finding all the extreme borders. Turns out it was near Leth... I started searching all over for areas that matched the description. Granted I spent probaly a good hour at first looking around without luck and decided to head back to crossing and see if anyone I knew was around to make a quest out of it.

This turned out to be a lot of fun. I set sail across the river with several others and we hunted around Leth. Managed to get a couple of us seperated at a point and one person got killed in the catatombs area as we hunted around the manor south of Leth looking for it. Though we ended up stoping the search after a while because of an ill timed premium meeting (how dare they) that some of our group wanted to attend it was a fun change for the normal for all of us. Nothing like a little confusion as half your group gets split up running for the hills while you try to drag one body around and kill the stuff that dares to challenge you. I was having a blast!! Nothing more fun then getting other people killed ;) This being my hopes when I started the group to begin with (insert evil laugh)

After we split up I went back to some other activites for a while and thought if I gave it a rest and time for my mind to think more I might do better. So after waking up in the middle of the night I had a brainstorm and went searching again and just as I was about to give it up decided to check one last spot... a place I must have passed a good 10 times already and searched all around it. Low and behold I found it!

You rummage through a gold-etched oaken strongbox and see a large banded blue moonstone, a medium pink pearl, a large yellow-orange bloodstone, some platinum coins and a black leather journal titled "Secrets of the Reshal Sea".

The gems ranged from just over 5 gold to about 1 plat worth. The journal I have yet been able to figure out how to read. Seems the words are hard to see for some reason? Latter I guess I'll try some reading glasses or something, geez is my Tog that old or just plain stupid? No idea what the journal is for at this point but enjoyed it overall. Advice to others searching: don't give up looking even when it seems immposible. Many times I thought my map had the worst directions ever.
Re: Finding my first map and its treasure 09/27/2012 07:50 AM CDT
May be a scholarship req?

Adding nothing to the conversation since 1834.
Re: Finding my first map and its treasure 09/27/2012 07:55 AM CDT
Could be scholarship req. but I am around adept..(not that its a huge amount but for a barb it ain't bad) who knows? I tend to think I need to find some spectacles? Maybe try with a light source in hand or something too. I'd hope that its not some super high schol req. for an item out of a chest unless it has something really important to tell?
Re: Finding my first map and its treasure 09/27/2012 08:12 AM CDT
>>. The journal I have yet been able to figure out how to read. Seems the words are hard to see for some reason?

Congrats on the book! Did you try sitting and reading, yet? It looks like it might be one of those books that atoms about you reading it every so often and they can be pretty picky when it comes to working.

When in doubt, http://elanthipedia.org/
Re: Finding my first map and its treasure 09/27/2012 08:39 AM CDT
Well seems if I sit and open it.. after having already opened it... It seems I had to open it 2 times while I sit. I have started reading it.. says you continue reading etc.. every once in a while I turn a page and keep reading.. so far nothing but wonder what happens when I finish. If I do anything at all.. including just typing info or look etc.. ANYTHING it stops reading.. After a couple pages my concentration broke and I had to start again. Not sure its doing anything at this point maybe I just have to finish it. very strange
Re: Finding my first map and its treasure 09/27/2012 08:40 AM CDT

Sounds like you guys had a lot of fun! Congrats

Annwyl
Message Board Supervisor

If you've questions or comments, take it to e-mail by writing me at DR-Annwyl@play.net.
Re: Finding my first map and its treasure 09/27/2012 08:55 AM CDT
It seems like it is the type of book I was referencing. You never "finish" reading it. It's intended to be an RP tool. They're fun, but the amount of "other stuff" you can do while reading is rather limited.

Re: Finding my first map and its treasure 09/27/2012 04:43 PM CDT

Congradulations- I did my first treasure map not long ago and I really had fun once I started working it(I forgot about it for quite a time).

One of the things that I didn't remember anything about, and was surprised about was it filled my perception experience- at least I assume that is what did it- I noticed perception being full shortly thereafter.

Love the treasure maps and hope to find another soon
Re: Finding my first map and its treasure 09/27/2012 05:17 PM CDT
>>One of the things that I didn't remember anything about, and was surprised about was it filled my perception experience- at least I assume that is what did it- I noticed perception being full shortly thereafter.

Finding a map locks your perception and foraging. I you are a Ranger, it locks Scouting as well.

Re: Finding my first map and its treasure 09/27/2012 05:44 PM CDT

Congrats love the way you had fun with it and spread the luv.
Re: Finding my first map and its treasure 10/02/2012 02:26 AM CDT

My story is quite similar. The hunt for the treasure fires the spirit from all in the clique of friends but none more so that the finder, of course. I do hope to find another. Perhaps it will make up for the squirter vest I found. Ah well, the greatest treasure is the hunt! .. thanx for a great addition to the treasure system.
Re: Finding my first map and its treasure 10/03/2012 02:43 PM CDT
Thought I'd share my first Treasure . Wasn't too hard to find , just had to cover Theren.

In the mahogany crate you see a large smoky chartreuse kunzite, a medium clear diamond, a medium yellow pearl, some platinum coins and a swordsman's shirt.

You are certain that the chartreuse kunzite is worth exactly 3443 lirums.
You are certain that the clear diamond is worth exactly 4781 lirums.
You are certain that the yellow pearl is worth exactly 4628 lirums.

a pale grey swordsman's shirt with animite buttons
>exam shirt
Tailored with short stand-up collar, the double-pleated front is secured along the placket with tiny animite dragon's head buttons.

The swordsman's shirt is pocketed.
The swordsman's shirt is moderately soft.
It appears that the swordsman's shirt can be worn as a shirt or robe, even with armor.
You are confident that the swordsman's shirt weighs about 8 stones.
You are certain that the swordsman's shirt is worth exactly 320000 lirums.
Re: Finding my first map and its treasure 10/04/2012 07:44 AM CDT
Study it?

Codiax.
Forged Weapons:
http://www.elanthipedia.org/wiki/User:Codiax#Codiax-Forged-Weapons
Re: Finding my first map and its treasure 10/04/2012 09:14 AM CDT
>>Study it?

Yeah , I ran a verb script . So it's not verby . But it looks cool and hopefully it's the only one!