material drops from critters not having accurate appraisal values 07/09/2015 10:45 PM CDT
I like that critters drop materials for me to use when forging, but there seems to be something off with the values of the materials they drop. This can sometimes work to my advantage and sometimes to my disadvantage, but either way it's acting a bit off. The treasure system seems to be deciding "this critter should drop something worth X" and then arbitrarily assigning a material type and size without respecting what that material type/size should actually be valued.

My understanding is that when a metal is mined normally, the value of that nugget and the value of that nugget as an ingot only changes if the quality of the material changes (for better or for worse). Meanwhile, when I smelt materials that critters drop, the value of the material "adjusts" itself to be what it should be as if it was mined out of the wall, as opposed to what the critter dropping it valued it as.

In other words, the treasure system tells material X "hey, you're worth 1 platinum" and once you smelt it, the crafting system tells material X "actually, you're worth 5 gold". On the flip side, there are times the treasure system tells mateiral Y, "Hey, you're worth 1 silver" and once you smelt it the crafting system tells material Y, "Actually, you're worth 2.5 gold".

DATA

BEFORE SMELTING
You are certain that the silver nugget has a quality of 89, placing it at 'somewhat pure' on the official Trader's Scale.
You are certain that the silver nugget weighs exactly 8 stones.
You are certain that the silver nugget is worth exactly 1080 Dokoras.

AFTER SMELTING
The silver ingot is made with metal.
You are certain that the metal in the silver ingot has a quality of 89, placing it at 'somewhat pure' on the official Trader's Scale.
You are certain that the silver ingot weighs exactly 8 stones.
You are certain that the silver ingot is worth exactly 1614 Dokoras.

BEFORE SMELTING
You are certain that the oravir nugget has a quality of 68, placing it at 'of above average purity' on the official Trader's Scale.
You are certain that the oravir nugget weighs exactly 4 stones.
You are certain that the oravir nugget is worth exactly 723 Dokoras.

AFTER SMELTING
You are certain that the metal in the oravir ingot has a quality of 68, placing it at 'of above average purity' on the official Trader's Scale.
You are certain that the oravir ingot weighs exactly 4 stones.
You are certain that the oravir ingot is worth exactly 90 Dokoras.

Uzmam! The Chairman will NOT be pleased to know you're trying to build outside of approved zones. I'd hate for you to be charged the taxes needed to have this place re-zoned. Head for the manor if you're feeling creative.