Rare Metals in The Fallen 08/17/2014 02:59 PM CDT
Acknowledging that RNG is RNG, we were wondering if there were any issues with the generation of rare metals while mining? We haven't seen many rare metal veins in our instance despite somewhat regular scanning of all the mines.

If someone gets a chance and doesn't mind taking a peak, we'd all appreciate it greatly.

xoxo,

Highwizard Avaya/Percy/Dinbin, Donbon, Dunbun, Dynbyn, Denben, Dinbin, Donbon, Dunbun, Dynbyn, Danban
Re: Rare Metals in The Fallen 08/20/2014 01:00 PM CDT
RNG being the RNG, and while we're not as capable of being 24/7 vigilant as Fallen, Plat can pretty easily scan most mines, and the last time we did a big sweep the best we found was a vein of platinum, two of gold, and a handful of silver. No lumium/niniam/darkstone/muracite/electrum, let alone ultra rare metals.

Uzmam! The Chairman will NOT be pleased to know you're trying to build outside of approved zones. I'd hate for you to be charged the taxes needed to have this place re-zoned. Head for the manor if you're feeling creative.
Re: Rare Metals in The Fallen 08/20/2014 04:27 PM CDT
My understanding is that at least one character is mining pretty consistently and hasn't seen any good metal in months, whereas during a prior period there was some consistency week to week. I don't really know enough about the system to comment on if that's appropriate.
Re: Rare Metals in The Fallen 08/21/2014 10:04 AM CDT
I did a quick test and was able to get a mine to produce rare metals with each cycle, and very rare metals after cycling it a few times. The % chance has always been rather low, but I'll see about increasing it in the coming days to see if it helps.

"I have no data yet. It is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data. Insensibly one begins to twist facts to suit theories instead of theories to suit facts."
- Sir Arthur Conan Doyle, Sherlock Holmes
Re: Rare Metals in The Fallen 08/21/2014 03:48 PM CDT
Thanks Kodius. I can't wait to more fully explore this system myself.

We weren't sure if it was something that might need to be manually restocked. We really appreciate you looking into it.