Trading Cards 03/11/2013 10:00 AM CDT

Just an oddity, but I haven't seen a single trading card drop for me in well over a week now in sky giants. Not sure when it stopped, but I was finding 3, 5, or 10(really, some days it was rediculous) per hunting session. Haven't seen one in a while.

Anyone else noticing this, or just me?
Re: Trading Cards 03/11/2013 10:02 AM CDT
I've noticed this as well hunting gryphons. they still drop plenty of dira, tho.

Dierik

The average Moon Mage doesn't have a player keen enough on lore wonkery to keep up with it. Armifer
Re: Trading Cards 03/11/2013 01:36 PM CDT
I actually mentioned this to another player a while back about cards, scrolls and basically anything other than ore, runes, and dira coins. Hunting in Gryphons has netted me almost nothing in weeks, same with my lower characters as well. I haven't seen a single scroll or card since 3.0 was introduced.
Re: Trading Cards 03/11/2013 01:47 PM CDT

No scrolls for me either since 3.0 hit.

<<"earning too little skinning experience for a day or so isn't nearly as bad as having a spell that breaks your wings."
Re: Trading Cards 03/11/2013 02:10 PM CDT

No scrolls for me, either.

I did find a "The Kitchen" card in a hatchling box a couple weeks ago, though, FWIW.
Re: Trading Cards 03/11/2013 02:37 PM CDT
I found an AD scroll on a silverfish in the Crossing sewers last night. The ruffians and co. down there drop an interesting range of junk too like witch balls so that might be a good scroll hunting ground.
Re: Trading Cards 03/11/2013 05:38 PM CDT
>>I found an AD scroll on a silverfish in the Crossing sewers last night. The ruffians and co. down there drop an interesting range of junk too like witch balls so that might be a good scroll hunting ground.

Ah yes, witch balls. I will gather 1000 of them, and then I will go back in time to 2002 and rule Elanthia!
Re: Trading Cards 03/11/2013 07:47 PM CDT
This is Plat-side, but I have found several trading cards in Shard gargs.

Player of...

Sometimes the key to happiness is not assuming it is locked in the first place- Ziggy

A journey of a thousand SMILES begins with a single step- Ziggy
Re: Trading Cards 03/20/2013 05:40 AM CDT

I'd like to see GM cards done in some RP fashion. It would'nt just be for gamemaster's glory and ego, we would have something to pin to our dart boards.
Re: Trading Cards 03/25/2013 05:48 AM CDT

Ok .. GM cards would be a little over the top. What would be a nice addition is cards of the numerous Provincial Houses. Something of that nature would surely help with my ignorence of the subject.
Re: Trading Cards 03/25/2013 07:36 AM CDT
I'd rather cards and dira were removed from the system in favor of non worthless loot.

Like ore or nuggets which decay before my RT is up.

Pants.
Re: Trading Cards 03/25/2013 07:59 AM CDT
>I'd rather cards and dira were removed from the system in favor of non worthless loot.

To many people, cards and dira aren't worthless loot. One man's trash is another man's treasure.
Re: Trading Cards 03/25/2013 08:10 AM CDT
I turn in a complete set of cards once every two months or so. I frequently have people give them to my Empath as a tip.

I also keep a few loose in a pocket as means of spreading knowledge.

"Oh did you hear about Annael?"
"Who?"
CARD.

"Vorclaf? Isn't he dead? Why was he so important?"
CARD.

You're going to get a bad reputation if you go around pinching every spectral reaper you see.
Re: Trading Cards 03/25/2013 04:21 PM CDT
It's like an in-game rolodex or something.

---
NaOH+HI
Re: Trading Cards 03/25/2013 06:53 PM CDT
My major beef with the card/dira system is the lack of handling of duplicates. Some cards/dira drop way more frequently than others and you can't put duplicates (or maybe it's more then 2) in your case. There's really no good way to handle it since you either have to juggle multiple cases, stick dupes in your backpack indefinitely (hello inventory check), or stick dupes in your backpack during the loot cycle than empty and dump junk (hello waste of time), so they just wind up going to the janitor. Cool concept, unfriendly execution.

Chatter[Sava] well I bled all night and didn't become diseased
Chatter[Tincan] That's what she said?
Re: Trading Cards 03/25/2013 09:25 PM CDT
Revisit the NPC who accepts cards/dira: let a player trade 1-5 cards for any one he doesn't have. So never is a card wasted, and players shouldn't be sitting on massive duplicate boxes any more.

Pants.