Critter Item Recovery Tasks 11/14/2010 11:14 PM CST
First off, great system. I wish it was expanded more. Maybe even get people some titles based on what they do.

Is the task where you have to find an item on a critter currently working? I was told to find a cougar around Grassland Road, Meadow (we'll ignore that my mid 20s combats couldn't handle that in the first place!*), and it never showed up.

*Although, I do wish they would ask more local tasks and be more conscious about who is asking. Why would my Commoner be able to kill Wind Hounds, search for things in Beisswurms, easily travel to Hara, etc etc etc.

"We're not "out to get you," we're here to enhance your playing experience with extreme prejudice.," DR-ARMIFER
Re: Critter Item Recovery Tasks 11/15/2010 08:28 AM CST
There seems to be a creature gen issue in that specific area, unrelated to the task system.

I was playing around with the system recently, and I discovered that at 150th I get sent to polos on every creature related task. Aside from the fact that it's extremely remote, polos really aren't a challenge for me. I did laugh when the reward for killing a "boss" polo was just over a gold - less than the average pelt price.

>describe boar
It's a boar. It doesn't like you.
Re: Critter Item Recovery Tasks 11/15/2010 08:33 AM CST
>> I did laugh when the reward for killing a "boss" polo was just over a gold - less than the average pelt price.

At least that sets in stone that the system was meant more for newbies. The jobs I get right now with a pretty much out the gen Commoner range from 2 to 9 silver kronar.

"We're not "out to get you," we're here to enhance your playing experience with extreme prejudice.," DR-ARMIFER
Re: Critter Item Recovery Tasks 11/15/2010 10:22 AM CST
plus the fact that the job system is broken, at least when it comes to boss tasks in hatchlings <k'rai on ratha>. the boss one always gens already dead, so the guy that gives the tasks doesn't credit you with the kill. Even if you wave its body parts in the face of the one that sent you on the task, <as i did with my necro. I thought at first that the bug might be necro-related, but i got sent on the same task with my WM and then with my thief - and the exact same thing occured>. I bugged it all 3 times. Still no fix. And when i did it with the necro was like 6 months ago.

You've seen life through distorted eyes;You know you had to learn;The execution of your mind;You really had to turn;,the book is read,The end begins to show,The truth is out, the lies are old, But you don't want to know - Black Sabbath

Re: Critter Item Recovery Tasks 11/15/2010 10:28 AM CST
Which NPCs should I talk to to get a boss task? I have never used the task system and it does sound kind of fun.
Re: Critter Item Recovery Tasks 11/15/2010 10:36 AM CST
>Which NPCs should I talk to to get a boss task? I have never used the task system and it does sound kind of fun.

Search tasks on elanthipedia.com

>describe boar
Re: Critter Item Recovery Tasks 11/15/2010 10:42 AM CST
>Search tasks on elanthipedia.com

Thanks!
Re: Critter Item Recovery Tasks 11/15/2010 10:44 AM CST
there's only 1 npc that gives "boss" tasks. gemseller in riverhaven.

You've seen life through distorted eyes;You know you had to learn;The execution of your mind;You really had to turn;,the book is read,The end begins to show,The truth is out, the lies are old, But you don't want to know - Black Sabbath

Re: Critter Item Recovery Tasks 11/15/2010 12:53 PM CST
>>there's only 1 npc that gives "boss" tasks. gemseller in riverhaven.

There's only one NPC listed as giving boss tasks on Elanthipedia would be a more correct answer, IMO.

Only Riverhaven and Crossing were recorded as of yesterday, and even then not all the NPCs there were included on the list.

Re: Critter Item Recovery Tasks 11/15/2010 01:04 PM CST
there are the "thiefly" npcs that were a later add-on to the list of those that give tasks, but i don't think they give "boss" tasks. haven't checked on this though.

these were a thief confidence update i believe.

Re: Critter Item Recovery Tasks 11/15/2010 07:20 PM CST
I know for certain that Boss tasks can be given by Thiefly operatives.

Re: Critter Item Recovery Tasks 11/16/2010 05:49 PM CST
Despite that, I'm pretty sure there's only one NPC that only gives boss tasks. Like a boss.

>describe boar
Re: Critter Item Recovery Tasks 11/17/2010 06:00 AM CST
the gemseller ONLY gives boss tasks, and thus you get nothing if you go there as an empath. As empaths can't get boss or kill tasks, even if they have an avenger. would be good if they updated this system and added constructs for empaths.