Use-Limited Special Items into Treasure/Task Reward System 09/06/2008 10:08 PM CDT
I know this has been requested before but I'm digging it up again anyway.

It'd be really cool if numerous magical/special items/weapons/armor were put into the treasure tables and task system as rewards.

Examples would be a scarlet longsword that flared with a blast of fire on contact but broke apart into a pile of ash after 50 strikes, an icy breastplate that froze/slowed an attacker on contact but melted away after 30 strikes, a slender black blade that kills on contact but disappears into a wispy dark vapor after a single strike, etc.

It'd really spice the treasure system up a lot and make the task system more attractive too.
Re: Use-Limited Special Items into Treasure/Task Reward System 09/07/2008 04:08 AM CDT
I've always thought items like this were sorely lacking from DR. Disposable objects of power (since I play several barbarians, I wouldn't want them all to be magic-only) would be a great reward option for the task system.

I love this idea on all levels, please make it so. :)

Putting the Romance back in Necromancer.

Necromancy: Because every man lives, not every man really dies.
Re: Use-Limited Special Items into Treasure/Task Reward System 09/28/2008 11:55 AM CDT
Items like this would be alot of fun. Even if they could only be used on critters and not on other PCs.

~Player of "One of the Caels."
Queen of Non-Sequitors