Guard for Trader 05/09/2003 05:00 AM CDT
A certain situation got me thinking, I'm a relatively young trader and recently I had my whole contract payment stolen from me on the Leth side of the crossing ferry and I had to go all the way to shard to get some money for the ferry.
Now I was wondering, since it's so incredibly hard to protect against thieves what if there were a coalition of people who were offering their services to guard a caravan while a trader was trading? Obviously these guards would be paid for their time, maybe get a percentage of the money made on the trip?
But what I"m really asking is if anyone would be interested in putting their name up on a website? If anyone has a suggestion as to what folder I should print this in to get the best response I would greatly appreciate it.

Valen
The frustrated trader

Valen
Re: Guard for Trader 05/10/2003 11:16 PM CDT
I might suggest posting over in a folder in The Social Side of Dragonrealms category. Any of these would suit your need:

- General Discussions
- Groups, Sidekicks, Partners and Masters/Apprentices

Questions or comments may be sent to mod-liebeth@play.net

Regards,

Mod Liebeth
Re: Guard for Trader 05/03/2004 08:26 PM CDT
Im a new trader also, but i havent had the problem. I just hide at the ferry and wait. You can also train hiding and appraisal if you hide and appraise at the same time. Dont really need a guard.

Pondering: hmmm....the gem pouch is worth 13 plats...if i give him 11, wohoo!

Wolfanein
Re: Guard for Trader 05/03/2004 08:45 PM CDT
I would be willing to Protect you goo dtrader, Just tell me when and where you need some protection, I am able to defeat most if any creatures you might encounter of the Trade roads, except Most of the Invasion critters, if yer Interested, AIM is BigRich8385

Roughneck Deagar
Re: Guard for Trader 04/11/2005 10:44 AM CDT
I would sincerely HOPE that most traders are honest and will give people full value for their pouches as I, myself, tend to tip generously anyways. I would hate to think they dupe me and then get more on top of that.

points to a sign saying "An honest trader is the best trader"

Miss K.A.
Re: Guard for Trader 04/11/2005 06:55 PM CDT
Hmmm are we gonna beat this dead, fossilized horse again about the difference between a service and a right?

Umatos wanders off muttering something about BUYING gem pouches and not SELLING them for someone.
Re: Guard for Trader 12/22/2005 02:07 PM CST
As with Deagar, if y'ever need a guard, and yer south of the segoltha, lemme know. Anywhere from Crossing south and there aint much I can't handle besides Germs and the like...and there's Germish'din on the STR, we got bigger issues.

IM me at RangerRantjur

You are wearing a leather cuff embroidered with the words "No Ranger stands alone."