Extravagant idea..... jobs creating stories 09/28/2002 11:41 PM CDT
As nice a place as DR is, it relies a whole lot on the players to create plots for themselves. The featured quest from what I've heard are great fun and platnium has much GM interaction but that takes a bit of funds for both. The job system is going to be great but I think it can hold a lot of promise in the long run for players. An ongoing storyline for each player is possible I think as well.

The job that a player takes at say, circle 10, depending on race, guild, sex, and a multitude of other varibles including chance is the first part in a series of jobs that are interconnected into a story. After awhile they stop becoming jobs but still rely on the job system to continue. Every 3 or so circles from when they took the first job in their storyline another job presents itself to add the next part in the story.

The effects of these story strings can effect alot of thing like whether or not you allowed into a province warmly or not, or if the Prince or Baron buy you a horse, or what jobs are available or not available. Certain aspects of each story string can change like, puzzles, names, creatures, or places even though they are still the segment of the story or job, details about them have changed enough so one person will not do the same job as another.

Van-

"Head in the clouds"

-dread