Jobs 07/07/2002 04:08 PM CDT
I really like this direction, think its got a lot of potential.

Barbs could deliver coal to the forges, refill water buckets (involving trip to water source) and clean em.

Pallies could assist the guards arresting criminals, maybe work a shift at the jail or in the guardhouse.

Thieves could help repair sewer leaks. (grins)

Traders could help out in gem shops cleanin the inventory.

Would think the empath guild could always use a good sanatizing. Maybe scrubbing blood stains?

Clerics could replace altar candles, water basins etc. Also assist in upkeep of temple grounds.

Just a few ideas for now
Re: Jobs 07/08/2002 12:35 AM CDT
<<Thieves could help repair sewer leaks. (grins)

Traders could help out in gem shops cleanin the inventory.>>

I saw this and just had to chuckle on how easy it would be to juxtapose the two.

-Trazier, who thinks Traders could use a good day of hard work in the sewer pipes.
Re: Jobs 07/08/2002 12:55 AM CDT
>><<Thieves could help repair sewer leaks. (grins)

Traders could help out in gem shops cleanin the inventory.>>

>>I saw this and just had to chuckle on how easy it would be to juxtapose the two.

And my reaction was that giving a thief the job of cleaning and sorting a gem inventory might actually make rolling up a Thief an interesting idea.

Talk about a kid in a candy store...

Kyn
Re: Jobs 07/08/2002 02:10 AM CDT
hehe.

I'll be happy to polish all those gems, suh!

<hides a 2000 carat diamond behind his back>....

schvartz
Re: Jobs 07/08/2002 02:25 AM CDT
<<Talk about a kid in a candy store...>>

Or a terrific roleplaying opportunity....

Professionalism at the workplace.

Yeah, I'll pick your pockets if I see you in a crowd on the street corner, because I know you're loaded, having seen you inside the store... But while you're in this shop, and i'm polishing your stuff, that's what and all that i'm doing.... polishing.

-Trazier... Who once had a deep spiritual debate with himself about how screwed up it is for him to play something for entertainment.... then worry about working a 'steady job' in this entertainment medium.... Anyway, the lil devil on my shoulders won, and I ditched federation (space-aged, work, job oriented entertainment) for starcraft (space-aged, militaristic, conquest and battle oriented entertainment)