Something other than Healing -slightly long 07/06/2002 07:36 PM CDT
Well that says it. I heal all day every day. I do not go out to the critters because I believe that is against my chosen profession. But I would like something to do that would get me away from the guild a little while and give me something to do other than heal. Maybe make potions for the herbalist or help the midwife in her garden. Hmmm, Reading or turtoring NPC character's kids. Teaching them of my guild?? Cleaning the fountains-hey somebody has to do it. Helping muck out the stalls in the stables-another dirty job but someone has to do it. what about helping the perfumier make perfume or the flower girl make flower arrangements. Help the tailor or seamstress make clothes. More skilled persons could help the armor/weapon repair people repair weapons.

Another idea to help newbies, when they join a guild, have a list of volunteers from the guild that would be given to the guild leader. When a newbie joins she/he would be told by the guild leader to contact such and such a person via pigeon or scroll or whatever means and that person would act as personal mentor for so many circles. Another idea is that said person is in game when Newbie arrives in guild, message sent to person that his/her presence is requested in guild immediately. Said person must respond in x amount of time or newbie is sent to someone else. Then after that newbie reached certain level he/she would be given a certificate of some sort or something welcoming them to the guild and setting them up to tutor. Newbie would also verify to guild leader that said person actually helped them and then said person would get paid. This would have to be kindof lengthy to keep said person from rolling newbie just to get money and then deleting character.

Just some thoughts
Shandre