Level check on tasks 06/23/2014 09:22 PM CDT
Hello all! I have a new barbarian who I'm trying to have use the task system, she's level 2. I got the following task from both the urchin and Agnonar:

> ask urch for task
>
> Street urchin says, "I do have a small favor to ask. The poloh'izh have been getting out of hand lately. Would you please go and eliminate oh, say 5 of them for me? > The ones near Hara'jaal, Glaren Kweld have been particularly nasty."
> [You may accept by typing ACCEPT TASK, or decline by typing DECLINE TASK]
> decline task
> A street urchin says, "Very well, I guess you do not wish to help me."

Is there a level check for these tasks? Has anyone gotten stuff like this before? I was trying as a challenge to gain money the newbie, hard way and not the alt-give- yourself-money way, but if no tasks are going to be available I'll just stick to hunting.

On a side note, I tried Mags first and she asked me for berries which according to my research can't be found in winter. So maybe a season check needs to be done too. :D

Thanks!
Re: Level check on tasks 06/23/2014 10:02 PM CDT
Unless there is some weird RP reason, just go earn coin hunting. Foraging sticks for mags works too real short term. I just raised a noob barbarian from scratch and about two weeks in I have all i need from hunting skinning and looting. Full rat bundles even pay ok.

Don't forget to vote for dragonrealms:

http://www.topmudsites.com/vote-DragonRealms.html
Re: Level check on tasks 06/23/2014 10:22 PM CDT
Yeah, once you're in goblins you can get damn near a plat for a full bundle of 200 goblin parts. As a new character that's typically enough to afford whatever you could possibly want (plus scavenger gobs drop reasonable enough gear for low level hunting anyway.) Don't really need damite or anything crazy for lowbie hunting areas.

Once you've saved up a plat or so, you can also start crafting for funds - pays pretty well.

But I would also like to see the various things like the tasks system updated and made even awesomer. Everything should be made awesomer.
Re: Level check on tasks 06/23/2014 10:54 PM CDT
> Unless there is some weird RP reason, just go earn coin hunting. Foraging sticks for mags works too real short term. I just raised a noob barbarian from scratch and about two weeks in I have all i need from hunting skinning and looting. Full rat bundles even pay ok.

Not a weird RP thing, just trying to do something more interesting than hunting at lower levels to supplement cash flows, and the task system sounded interesting.

>But I would also like to see the various things like the tasks system updated and made even awesomer. Everything should be made awesomer.

I agree! It sounded really fun and something to experiment with trying it from the newb perspective. I'm going to keep trying it anyways. Maybe I'll get lucky :D

Thanks.
Re: Level check on tasks 06/24/2014 07:21 AM CDT
>Is there a level check for these tasks?

No.

I'm a badger, I be badgerin'
Re: Level check on tasks 06/24/2014 09:00 AM CDT
Well that's just silly.
Re: Level check on tasks 06/24/2014 10:05 AM CDT
>Well that's just silly.

Frankly, if the 30-60 second cooldown on rejecting a task was removed, it wouldn't matter. Balance it according to accepted and completed tasks (i.e. these start the cool down timer), but allowing users to infinitely cycle through the completely pants-on-head retarded tasks like 'Hai! You iz 1st circle, go to Hara for 2 silver!!' would be great.

I'm a badger, I be badgerin'
Re: Level check on tasks 10/22/2014 10:50 AM CDT
>Is there a level check for these tasks? Has anyone gotten stuff like this before? I was trying as a challenge to gain money the newbie, hard way and not the alt-give- yourself-money way, but if no tasks are going to be available I'll just stick to hunting.

from everything i've seen about tasks, it looks like the problems/reasons people dont use them ALOT is province limitation, and level checks.

I think it wouldnt be too difficult to put ranges on the tasks for combat, and simply a location variable on destination.
that way you could request tasks like the following :

ask dude for task (defaults to any province, any type)
or
ask dude for task in riverhaven (will provide you with a task that either delivers to riverhaven, creatures reside around riverhaven, or whatever else is related to the area, will be riverhaven.

this way people can requests tasks, if needed limit the province, and if it is a combat task, it would simply pull a x00-x+100 level creature to choose from.