Hunter's Ledger 05/02/2018 10:16 PM CDT
Short Version: A Hunter's ledger with a list of every creature in the game. Put an X next to each creature upon successfully killing them and get various types of rewards as you progress through the ledger.

Detailed Version:

This would be an item that tracks your progress as you work towards killing every creature in Elanthia. I've noted points to each main point of the item, and if you feel like this is or could be something you'd like, please feel free to post suggestions and feedback. Even if you have no suggestions, just posting a simple yes or no to indicate your interest would help GMs to gauge interest in this project. Thank you!

Hunter's Ledger/Book/Log
- Ideas for nouns?
- I'm no good at descriptions, actual item would need to be designed by more creative types.
- Character specific. Yours should not be able to be completed by someone else.
- Should be replaceable if lost (or at the very least, rewards only obtainable once per character).

Contains a list of all creatures that are accessible to ALL guilds.
- This means if only guild A can get to the creature, you will not find it in the ledger.

A chapter for each province.

Each chapter divided into multiple tiers. Lower tier is easier, higher tier is harder.
- How to decide on where to place monsters within tiers? Training Ranges? Monster levels?
- Should you be able to work on a higher tier if lower tier not yet complete?

Successfully killing the monster marks it as complete in your ledger.
- This could be as simple as [ ] for unmarked and [X] when marked.
- Like having a list of outstanding tasks, and turning them in as you complete them.
- Should this involve an NPC style turn in like a task?
- Should you only be able to do one at a time, or multiple?
- Should it be the last thing killed (if one at a time), or something killed in the last X minutes/hours?
- Can you have help from other players? Should it need to be a solo kill?

Completing a tier within a province should offer a reward
- This way rewards can be obtained throughout the completion, not just at the end.
- This also allows rewards to be progressively better for higher tiers.
- Reward ideas? Platinum. Low/mid tier starter weapons / armor. Simucoins. Passes to events. Spell slots. TDPs. Titles. Rare crafting materials. Unlock new verbs for the Ledger.

Renown list sorted by # of tiers complete
- Bragging rights. Proud of accomplishments.

Room to expand [ OPTIONAL ]
- This could be taken to an extreme level of depth by giving each creature its own page where bestiary type descriptions can be found.
- Total number of a particular creature killed could be listed by the creature's name.

Pros:
- Rewards to earn!
- Reason to explore the world and see every creature.
- A new system that provides something to do.
- This can work as a sort of in-game hunting ladder to help people learn of options to try hunting.
- A reason for Free to Play characters to get passports or register.
- This could be a fun thing to introduce at a festival.

Cons:
- Non-combat types will not like this.
- High level characters might clear their book very fast and lose interest since they have no new creature to look forward to.
- Free to Play characters will only be able to clear Zoluren chapter.
- If you can have help in killing the creature, and the rewards are tradable, there is potential for high level characters to run new characters through the whole book again and again by remaking the character, in order to farm the rewards. (Although, there's a lot of creatures, maybe this won't be a problem? You have to assume someone will make a script that clears the book, though.)

Examples:
Please excuse the formatting on the below samples, as spacing gets lost. The templates/layout are pulled from a crafting book.
-= Table of Contents =-
Creatures are separated by province and then by danger they pose.
Foreword: An introduction to the Hunter's Ledger
Chapter 1: Zoluren
Chapter 2: Therengia
Chapter 3: Ilithi
Chapter 4: Qi'Reshalia
Chapter 5: Forfedhdar

-= Chapter 1 Zoluren =-
Page 1: Tier 1 Page 5: Tier 5
Page 2: Tier 2 Page 6: Tier 6
Page 3: Tier 3
Page 4: Tier 4

-= Page 1 Tier 1 =-
Rat [X] Musk Hog [ ]
Sleazy Lout [X] Pale grey death squirrel [X]
Zombie Goblin [ ]
Silverfish [ ]

Re: Hunter's Ledger 05/02/2018 10:19 PM CDT

One of the most well thought out things I think I've ever seen proposed. 100% think this would be a sweet addition to the game, and I'd love to spend the time filling it out. Two thumbs up, make it happen!
Re: Hunter's Ledger 05/02/2018 10:50 PM CDT
>>Mezamete3: A Hunter's ledger with a list of every creature in the game. Put an X next to each creature upon successfully killing them and get various types of rewards as you progress through the ledger.

This sounds like fun.

Goals could even be divided into specialized groups like undead or constructs.

Quest/invasion mobs in a chapter on rare encounters.

Mr. Gorbachev, tear down this wall rank!

Paladin new player guide: https://elanthipedia.play.net/mediawiki/index.php/Paladin_new_player_guide

armor and shields: https://elanthipedia.play.net/mediawiki/index.php/Armor_and_shield_player_guide
Re: Hunter's Ledger 05/02/2018 11:43 PM CDT
Even if it was literally just titles as a reward, I love this suggestion. I would be so about this.

I would additionally suggest that invasion mobs and other rare stuff be left out, I wouldn't want to get pissy that Warrior Mage X spammed fire rain at the NE gate and robbed me of a rare mob, or some other such situation. But this sounds really cool.
Re: Hunter's Ledger 05/02/2018 11:49 PM CDT
I could see this system being used to allow players to create 'naturalist' books as well, similar to First Aid compendiums. Put pages in your book, and then STUDY or some such other sensible command in order to take down notes, sketches, and observations about the creature. Creating the book could train things like appraisal, scholarship, or even future-skills like various animal or NPC lores as/if they are implemented. It'd have the feel of being a natural philosopher of sorts, and having player created compendiums/books is arguably better than having ones spawned in shops.

Studying someone else's journals (or your own after-the-fact) could also be used for training purposes. Scholarship or whatever other skills could be applicable, based on creature type. They could even include hunting ladder information about creatures, giving an effect similar to APPRAISE or DISCERN, where it tells you everything you'd need to know about it.

All in all it's a good idea as presented, and gets a 'yes please' from me. Although I'd keep away from making it repetitive/repeatable ad nauseam and keep the "I've killed one of everything" as more of a type of achievement rather than something to do over and over again for rewards.
Re: Hunter's Ledger 05/03/2018 12:32 AM CDT

I love to collect things in other games I play. This would be super addictive for me. This is a great idea!
Re: Hunter's Ledger 05/06/2018 10:30 AM CDT
Wow, what an awesome idea!

Vykanthiss
Re: Hunter's Ledger 05/12/2018 07:48 PM CDT
I'm kind of terrified of the notion of organizing some 360 regular huntable critters in such a thing.

"Warrior Mages don't bother covering up their disasters.
They're proud of them." -Raesh, on history
Re: Hunter's Ledger 07/02/2018 10:16 AM CDT
I'd like to help on this idea in whatever way I could, if it's really possible. I have an eye for recognizing stuff and I like detailed work.
And I would like to contribute.

Vykanthiss