Wooden Training Weapons 01/19/2017 12:10 AM CST
Just a thought, but what about wooden training weapons. Something with super crappy stats (worse than "store bought") for those who kill things too quickly in places where the spawn is meh. Maybe carvers could make them. This way you could still train and kill things just SUPER slowly.

People demand freedom of speech as a compensation for the freedom of thought which they seldom use.
-Soren Kierkegaard
Re: Wooden Training Weapons 01/19/2017 12:47 AM CST
>>Just a thought, but what about wooden training weapons. Something with super crappy stats (worse than "store bought") for those who kill things too quickly in places where the spawn is meh. Maybe carvers could make them. This way you could still train and kill things just SUPER slowly.

Could always forge a tin sword. Super low hardness/weight so the stats would stink, but very durable.

Uzmam! The Chairman will NOT be pleased to know you're trying to build outside of approved zones. I'd hate for you to be charged the taxes needed to have this place re-zoned. Head for the manor if you're feeling creative.
Re: Wooden Training Weapons 01/19/2017 10:32 AM CST
>Just a thought, but what about wooden training weapons. Something with super crappy stats (worse than "store bought") for those who kill things too quickly in places where the spawn is meh. Maybe carvers could make them. This way you could still train and kill things just SUPER slowly.

One already exists in game.
https://elanthipedia.play.net/Weapon:Wooden_sparring_sword
Re: Wooden Training Weapons 01/19/2017 10:49 AM CST
>>One already exists in game.

To be fair, something being festival-only doesn't really exist as something easily purchased.

Uzmam! The Chairman will NOT be pleased to know you're trying to build outside of approved zones. I'd hate for you to be charged the taxes needed to have this place re-zoned. Head for the manor if you're feeling creative.
Re: Wooden Training Weapons 01/19/2017 11:35 AM CST
You're going to make me find the non-fest one that's been in the game for 20 years. Drat you Tev!
Re: Wooden Training Weapons 01/19/2017 11:42 AM CST
>>You're going to make me find the non-fest one that's been in the game for 20 years. Drat you Tev!

Hah!

In fairness, I was thinking of that sword as well. I just think making one out of tin would be a lot easier/cheaper/faster/accessible. Plus, you can do whatever type of weapon you'd like that way.

Re: Wooden Training Weapons 01/19/2017 12:18 PM CST
I don't disagree with being able to make them. Unfortunately looking through the shop listing I can't find it listed anymore. Pretty sure I have at least one on an old character.
Re: Wooden Training Weapons 01/20/2017 07:40 AM CST
Couldn't you buy or pick those up in the Barb arena in Xings at one point also? I feel like I remember that from 10+ years ago.

You slap Voldag hard in the face with your hand, making a nice crisp smack!! That's going to leave a mark!
Re: Wooden Training Weapons 01/20/2017 03:53 PM CST
If you only want something terrible...

>app my spike

A botched gold throwing spike is a light thrown and light edged melee-ranged weapon.
A botched gold throwing spike trains the light thrown and small edged skills.

You are certain that it could do:
no puncture damage
no slice damage
no impact damage
no fire damage
no cold damage
no electric damage

The throwing spike is not designed for improving the force of your attacks.

You are certain that the spike is not balanced and is not suited to gaining extra attack power from your strength.

You are certain that the throwing spike is quite guarded against damage, and is in pristine condition.

The throwing spike is made with metal.
You are certain that the throwing spike weighs exactly 26 stones.
You are certain that the throwing spike is worth exactly 14402 Kronars.
Roundtime: 8 seconds.

>throw rat
< Moving in gracefully, you throw a botched gold throwing spike at a ship's rat. A ship's rat attempts to evade, mis-stepping and blundering into the blow. The spike lands a brushing hit to the rat's chest.
The throwing spike falls to the ground!
[You're solidly balanced with no advantage.]
[Roundtime 4 sec.]
Re: Wooden Training Weapons 01/23/2017 11:19 PM CST

My empath has a wooden training sword from about 20 years ago that is definitely NOT from the festival. Damned if I know where she got it, but I'm fairly certain I also saw one on a guild shelf somewhere - either barbarian, ranger, or empath.
Re: Wooden Training Weapons 01/24/2017 10:12 AM CST
If your offensive skill stance is already set low, and you still require a handicap, my hat is off to you.