Registered Items Not on The Character 03/27/2018 02:59 PM CDT
Today my paladin registered her monkey. While walking around with her monkey, pig and kitten, I noticed those were missing from the list when you type Register Check. I had her pick up the monkey and it was back on the register check list.

So my question is, if you lose an item you registered and its now not on the characters Register Check list, are the GMs still able to see the item as registered and replace it? Or is it a problem that the item is missing from the Register Check list when its not on the characters person?

Thank you

- Felicini
Re: Registered Items Not on The Character 03/27/2018 03:24 PM CDT
IIRC, Register Check looks for items you currently have on you that are registered to that particular character. If your pet is on the ground following you, it's not actually on you at the time.

>>So my question is, if you lose an item you registered and its now not on the characters Register Check list, are the GMs still able to see the item as registered and replace it?

It's still registered in the database that manages registered items. If you needed the item on you at the time, a good portion of why registering items is important (ie: throwing a weapon right before DR crashes) would be lost.

Uzmam! The Chairman will NOT be pleased to know you're trying to build outside of approved zones. I'd hate for you to be charged the taxes needed to have this place re-zoned. Head for the manor if you're feeling creative.
Re: Registered Items Not on The Character 03/27/2018 06:17 PM CDT
Confirming.

If you register an item, we can find it. It might still be a hairball and a half to re-create it, but we can find it. We will only find the last version you registered, which is why sometimes we suggest re-registering a thing if you've gotten it altered. (You register your axe of doom, then get it decorated into a pretty floral axe of doom, the only thing we'll see when we check is the original axe of doom, not the floral version.)

:)

Iocanthe
Doing stuff
Re: Registered Items Not on The Character 03/28/2018 07:00 AM CDT
Thank you

- Felicini