Questions about registration 07/03/2015 07:01 PM CDT
In light of the new janitor lost and found mechanics I've gone through several of my items and registered them now, but have yet to finish them all because of various reasons - primarily the time limit on using the room. I have, however, come across a couple situations that are preventing me from registering items, either outright or easily, that I have questions about.

1. I have two (possibly more) items that I had apparently previously registered on different character on an old account that I no longer use. Would this be something I could ASSIST or e-mail someone about to have removed? I am not willing to jump through the hoops of reactivating an account and passing things back and forth just to be able to re-register items on a different character.

2. Is there possibly any way to adjust the mechanics of registration to allow for registering a container that has stuff inside of it? I have several containers that have either been altered in some way (e.g. embiggening, standard alteration) or are simply player crafted with the potential for variable stats that comes with. These containers hold the vast majority of my inventory in them. Having to juggle most of my inventory just to be able to register these items is quite the pita.

Elanthipedia - https://elanthipedia.play.net/mediawiki/index.php/Main_Page
Epedia Admins - https://elanthipedia.play.net/mediawiki/index.php/Elanthipedia:Administrators
Re: Questions about registration 07/03/2015 08:06 PM CDT
>>Absolon: 2. Is there possibly any way to adjust the mechanics of registration to allow for registering a container that has stuff inside of it? I have several containers that have either been altered in some way (e.g. embiggening, standard alteration) or are simply player crafted with the potential for variable stats that comes with. These containers hold the vast majority of my inventory in them. Having to juggle most of my inventory just to be able to register these items is quite the pita.

^This (so much).

Mr. Gorbachev, tear down this wall rank!

Vote for DragonRealms on Top MUD Sites: http://www.topmudsites.com/vote-DragonRealms.html
Re: Questions about registration 07/04/2015 12:43 AM CDT
So just went in and registered some items, and had some advice for anyone doing it.

I had no idea there was a timer on the room, so took my time...and got kicked out. Also it doesn't give you any indication of how long you have to wait before returning, so you just have to sit there and keep trying. Would be great to have something giving me any clue how long the wait will be.

Is there a way to get a list of your registered items? Or is it just the message you get when trying to register something already registered? It would be really nice to get a simple list of what has been registered already.

Last, having to take everything out of a container or clothing can really be a pain...I second being able to register something with things in it, but I can see why that might cause problems.
Re: Questions about registration 07/04/2015 01:00 AM CDT

REGISTER CHECK - Checks your inventory for all items registered to you.
[It will not list items registered to someone else.]

That may help somewhat.

Annwyl
Message Board Supervisor

If you've questions or comments, take it to e-mail by writing me at DR-Annwyl@play.net.
Re: Questions about registration 07/04/2015 06:01 PM CDT
Thank you! Did I miss that on the E-pedia page? I did look there first because I never bothered registering anything before. :)
Re: Questions about registration 07/04/2015 06:21 PM CDT

I had it added to Elanthipedia.

It's always been in game - Register Help.

Annwyl
Message Board Supervisor

If you've questions or comments, take it to e-mail by writing me at DR-Annwyl@play.net.
Re: Questions about registration 07/04/2015 11:34 PM CDT
>>These containers hold the vast majority of my inventory in them. Having to juggle most of my inventory just to be able to register these items is quite the pita.

If that's not possible, adjusting the dump mechanics so they can transfer items better would be a pretty awesome alternative. I can never seem to dump objects from backpack A into backpack B, even when they're literally from the same store.

Uzmam! The Chairman will NOT be pleased to know you're trying to build outside of approved zones. I'd hate for you to be charged the taxes needed to have this place re-zoned. Head for the manor if you're feeling creative.