Local channel suggestion 01/02/2017 10:15 PM CST
So after living with the new ESP system for a bit, gotta say it's a really nice upgrade. Thanks to the GM's for the time spent on it!

One thing I had liked about the end of the old gweth system was where you could shorten the range on your gweths so that you were only hearing things from a certain range around you. When the ESP system was rolled in, I had hoped that the LOCAL channel would be the same, but it turns out that you only hear things on the LOCAL channel if someone projects directly to it.

I don't really want to have to listen to the GENERAL channel in order to hear if someone in Shard needs a heal though.

So, would it be possible for a duplicate-gweth to be sent to the LOCAL channel, which is then filtered by distance ala the older gweth system? Maybe it could work both ways, so if you send to LOCAL, it also goes out on General, however you can only be in one or the other channel at a time?

Not really sure what the best mechanic would be to make LOCAL useful, but I miss being able to just "hear" what was immediately relevant to my location.

~*~ Kythryn ~*~
"It is what makes the garden beautiful: Not every flower is the same." - Bill Murray
Re: Local channel suggestion 01/03/2017 11:26 AM CST
I agree that it's a shame you can't hear things locally that people are sharing globally, but I'm wondering if it's better to just get people in the habit of sending requests like that locally vs having global messages sent locally show up in local, mainly because I also recall those times where I'm hearing half a conversation because someone nearby is talking to someone far far away.

Uzmam! The Chairman will NOT be pleased to know you're trying to build outside of approved zones. I'd hate for you to be charged the taxes needed to have this place re-zoned. Head for the manor if you're feeling creative.