Prev_page Previous 1 2 Next Next_page
Re: ESP 2.0 Heads Up 11/01/2016 10:07 AM CDT
>concentration...younger thief

I recently put in some changes that make Concentration a lot better for younger thieves. My 25th level thief doesn't drain below 95% during combat, because he only has two he can start standing up.

I'll let Armfier address unlinking gwething and concentration, since I'm not sure if that changed at all. But it shouldn't be as bad for young thieves as it once was.

Javac
That one guy

If you have questions or comments in regard to this post please email me at DR-JAVAC@play.net.
Re: ESP 2.0 Heads Up 11/01/2016 10:09 AM CDT
Concentration formula for THINK hasn't changed, at least yet. If I have time I'll give it a look, but it's a surprisingly dense piece of code that I was grateful is self-contained and easily just ported wholesale to the new system.

-Armifer
"Perinthia's astronomers are faced with a difficult choice. Either they must admit that all their calculations were wrong ... or else they must reveal that the order of the gods is reflected exactly in the city of monsters." - Italo Calvino
Re: ESP 2.0 Heads Up 11/01/2016 10:14 AM CDT
>>Concentration formula for THINK hasn't changed, at least yet. If I have time I'll give it a look, but it's a surprisingly dense piece of code that I was grateful is self-contained and easily just ported wholesale to the new system.

Alright, it's not "the worst thing ever" and as Javac mentioned the new conc formula helps, I know I still run into 0-3% conc often in combat and always thought it strange it was linked to gwething.
Re: ESP 2.0 Heads Up 11/01/2016 08:34 PM CDT
>>1. Would you consider lengthening the duration of Thoughtcast even more? Maybe up to two hours?

>Not at this time. It's already the length of a Ritual spell w/o being one.

That makes sense.

Maybe in the future there could be a meta-spell that allows a permanent connection to the gwethnet?

__
"Technically correct" is the worst kind of correct.
Re: ESP 2.0 Heads Up 11/01/2016 10:12 PM CDT
>>Maybe in the future there could be a meta-spell that allows a permanent connection to the gwethnet?

Pretty sure that'd just be wearing a gweth.

"Game balance is sobbing over in the corner as it considers the ramifications of AoE Blufmor Garaen. Your spell slots send their condolences." - GM Raesh
Re: ESP 2.0 Heads Up 11/01/2016 10:33 PM CDT
>>Concentration formula for THINK hasn't changed, at least yet.

Thinking about it, I don't see what having a concentration cost adds here. It's only effective at slowing down a very few people, and it's selectively more punitive to some guilds than others.

I would suggest replacing it entirely with a simple cooldown on how often one can project thoughts.

- Navesi
Re: ESP 2.0 Heads Up 11/01/2016 10:39 PM CDT

Will adult language be permitted on private channels?

Don't forget to vote for dragonrealms:

http://www.topmudsites.com/vote-DragonRealms.html
Re: ESP 2.0 Heads Up 11/02/2016 07:20 AM CDT
With the changes to gweths, will the Throne City Museum be updated to remove the now-useless stones?
Re: ESP 2.0 Heads Up 11/02/2016 07:42 AM CDT
Not immediately. The Throne City Museum needs love but I can't promise it as part of this project.

-Armifer
"Perinthia's astronomers are faced with a difficult choice. Either they must admit that all their calculations were wrong ... or else they must reveal that the order of the gods is reflected exactly in the city of monsters." - Italo Calvino
Re: ESP 2.0 Heads Up 11/02/2016 09:18 AM CDT
Allright. Thanks for the heads up.
Re: ESP 2.0 Heads Up 11/02/2016 11:28 AM CDT
>The Throne City Museum needs love but I can't promise it as part of this project.
Like hearing that it's at less a blimp on the radar.

---
"I think anything that forces you to do something no sane adventurer would do just in order to train is ridiculous."
DR-SOCHARIS

---
"Phelim, what have I wrought?"
GM NaOHHI
---
Victory Over Lyras, on the 397th year and 156 days since the Vic
Re: ESP 2.0 Heads Up 11/02/2016 11:54 AM CDT
in the same vein,

<< 2) Lantholite/Sjatmal/Waermodi/Lasmodi gwethdesuans are being discontinued. They will no longer function. >>

I noticed while lumberjacking that Eidelon Steeds drop these gweths, hoping they will be removed from the loot system so folks dont get a dead gweth as a loot prize

Rehlyn

Well, see, there's the linchpin of why everything you're saying is wrong. There's the fulcrum. There's the centerpiece. There's the turkey on the Thanksgiving table.
Re: ESP 2.0 Heads Up 11/02/2016 12:00 PM CDT
>>5.2) A successful gwethsmash will render someone unable to THINK or SEND for one hour.

Would it be possible to make a gwethsmash block SEND only to the person who did the smashing? That would make a gwethsmasher a good "I am going to take a break from listening to you" tool for the smasher while leaving the smashee chastened but able to function in all respects other than annoying the smasher.

Mazrian
Re: ESP 2.0 Heads Up 11/02/2016 12:51 PM CDT

> Would it be possible to make a gwethsmash block SEND only to the person who did the smashing? That would make a gwethsmasher a good "I am going to take a break from listening to you" tool for the smasher while leaving the smashee chastened but able to function in all respects other than annoying the smasher.

I really want this. I think there's room to say that a person can't talk for a while, to anyone, but being able to smash a single person only for me could have other benefits. It wouldn't lock me open. I can do that even if I'm silenced. I don't have to turn off an entire channel. Any characters can do this.
Re: ESP 2.0 Heads Up 11/04/2016 01:03 AM CDT
> So, how it works is that there will be discrete channels.

Is there any possibility that a designated OOC channel could be built? Gotta say, what I've heard of the newbie OOC channel makes me a bit jealous. I'd LOVE additional channels for communicating, and kind of hope that having a formal "channel" for it would 1. encourage people who prefer to be social while not roleplaying to keep it to like-minded people, and 2. more players and organizations to use communication means that are built into the game, rather than supplemental programs (not that everyone would, of course).

~Aislynn
Re: ESP 2.0 Heads Up 11/04/2016 07:41 AM CDT
>>Is there any possibility that a designated OOC channel could be built

Not at this time. I pitched the idea and got a very firm "No."

-Armifer
Re: ESP 2.0 Heads Up 11/04/2016 04:17 PM CDT
Booo. I guess AOL Instant Messenger will continue to be a silent partner with Dragonrealms for a while longer, then. :)

~Aislynn
(PS- Totally kidding, and in no way wish to imply any actual corporate relationships.)
Re: ESP 2.0 Heads Up 11/06/2016 12:53 PM CST
Status update:

The first release candidate for ESP 2.0 is now done, but it still needs to go through QC and might spend some time there depending on factors. While not DR3.0 scale, this is a fairly big rewrite as far as these things go and I will not begrudge whoever winds up with it taking their time.

I may release to Test first before going into Prime and Platinum, but that might be overkill since the whole project is pretty self contained and the adjustments to existing items are technically minor (albeit the gameplay implications are not). More details as they come.

-Armifer
Re: ESP 2.0 Heads Up 11/06/2016 04:06 PM CST
Any chance clairvoyance wards are getting looked at with ESP? Places like inside the bank, carousel square, inside the festival, etc. You can broadcast from many (all?) of these spots but you can't receive thoughts. Seems more logical that a ward against clairvoyance would block incoming as well as outgoing thoughts.

To clarify; it's frustrating when someone asks for help in a warded area and can't be responded to. On their end it seems like everyone is ignoring them because they can broadcast but hear no response. With the new channels this would only impact direct thoughts of course.

Vote:
http://www.topmudsites.com/vote-DragonRealms.html
Re: ESP 2.0 Heads Up 11/06/2016 04:21 PM CST
Right now the old logic prevails. I think. To be honest I've stared at this code so intensely over the past two weeks that it's kinda getting blurry around the edges.

I can look at making it a little more elegant after I rinse my brain out a little.

-Armifer
Re: ESP 2.0 Heads Up 11/07/2016 08:28 PM CST
Any chance you'd be willing to make gweths work while on ranger trails? It get's awfully boring... and it's annoying to not know what's going on only catching bits and pieces of the conversation. If we can gweth while fighting 40 monsters surely we can think running down a trail we've run 203234 times before.
Re: ESP 2.0 Heads Up 11/07/2016 09:12 PM CST
gweths work on aesry stair climbing(just incoming, can't think). not a ranger, but I support this for them

"Game balance is sobbing over in the corner as it considers the ramifications of AoE Blufmor Garaen. Your spell slots send their condolences." - GM Raesh
Prev_page Previous 1 2 Next Next_page