Lloriena's Beauty Salon 12/13/2009 09:39 PM CST
I haven't checked recently but if I recall correctly, the beauty salon is no longer open right? Because of shifting? Well, now that we know there are mechanics in place to do nifty things with hair, what if Dira'ela Lloriena's Salon offered hairstyles?

With the hair items from Dunshade, you can get well over 15 different hairstyles that a lot of people seem to really like, so why not open them to everyone who didn't pick this prize?

It still leaves plenty of value in the Dunshade treasures because they shimmer to change colors, and you can redo your hair yourself. I just think this might be a nice way to reinvent what was once a good shop.

- Terra
Re: Lloriena's Beauty Salon 12/13/2009 09:49 PM CST
>...if I recall correctly, the beauty salon is no longer open right? Because of shifting? Well, now that we know there are mechanics in place to do nifty things with hair, what if Dira'ela Lloriena's Salon offered hairstyles?

I believe features 2.0, not shifting, broke the shop. That is, the way DR stored features data changed, in a way that was incomparable with the beauty shop. It also broke spells like Aether Cloak that modify features.

...did any other spells modify features? Seems like Resurrection Should.

Shifting is just an easy, obnoxious target to blame for things. Have I mentioned lately that Aether Cloak's cosmetic feature is broken?

I really miss the dark pupilless eyes. :(

...sorry, what was this topic again?

"...I am inclined to think the focus of the [Warmage's] spellbook should be ways to make things explode, to help you make things explode, or to assist your victim in exploding." -Armifer
Re: Lloriena's Beauty Salon 12/13/2009 10:08 PM CST
It was closed due to Shift.

It stays closed due to Features 2.0.

So you're both right really.

Rev. Reene

Kaedan says, "Darling, I'm -fabulous-."
Re: Lloriena's Beauty Salon 12/13/2009 10:14 PM CST
>So you're both right really.

Oh, well.

Everybody wins!

"...I am inclined to think the focus of the [Warmage's] spellbook should be ways to make things explode, to help you make things explode, or to assist your victim in exploding." -Armifer
Re: Lloriena's Beauty Salon 12/13/2009 10:14 PM CST
Actually in this case it was specifically left closed so as to give a reason to get hair shifts.

SEND[Abasha] It warms my heart to see three people die for a cupcake.
Re: Lloriena's Beauty Salon 12/13/2009 10:16 PM CST
>> Actually in this case it was specifically left closed so as to give a reason to get hair shifts.

Again, shift is why it was closed (for this reason), but the new features system is why it's still closed and hasn't been re-opened.

Basically it would require an overhaul to be compatible with the new system. At least I think that's what was said when I asked why it couldn't be opened back up.

Rev. Reene

Re: Lloriena's Beauty Salon 12/13/2009 10:24 PM CST
... sometimes I really wish these forums had a warning "Someone has responded since you started writing this reply!".

alas

SEND[Abasha] It warms my heart to see three people die for a cupcake.
Re: Lloriena's Beauty Salon 12/14/2009 05:38 PM CST
Forgive my ignorance, but is Features 2.0 already out or something that's being worked on?

I only ask because I've always found features to be a bit... wonky, and I wondered if there are changes planned.

-- Player of Niieth
Re: Lloriena's Beauty Salon 12/14/2009 05:40 PM CST
It's been out for ages.

Rev. Reene

Re: Lloriena's Beauty Salon 12/14/2009 05:45 PM CST
Ah, so it's the change that came with all the noses/ears/etc.?

I knew about that but memory was hazy about its name being Features 2.0.

-- Player of Niieth
Re: Lloriena's Beauty Salon 12/14/2009 05:52 PM CST
No, that was Shift.

Features 2.0 was...maybe 2 RL years ago now.

Rev. Reene