Getting Drunk 10/10/2012 04:41 AM CDT

Alcohol could play a much greater role in both RP and bonus/hinderance game play. I could see it being more than the novel RP passtime that it is now.

Togs would have a strong resistance to the effects of alcohol and Kaldar would have a slight one. Gnomes and halflings would be more susptable to the effects of alcohol. Alcohol Effects would last 15 roisaen from last consumption.

Drinking a single ale, wine, liquor shot, or equivalent in alcohol, (dose), would give the drinker a boost of liquid courage, (minor version of the Paladin spell).

Drinking three doses would erase the minor courage bestowed by the first drink. There is a slight boost to strength and a slight hinderance to intellegence to the drinker. Wobbling begins.

Drinking five doses alters the drinkers speech by adding, removing, or scrambling a letter or two every so many words he speaks, whispers, or yells. There is a slight boost to stamina and a slight hinderance to wisdom and charisma. Wobbles more. Slight chance of stumbling for each room drinker moves into.

Drinking seven doses alters what the drinker sees by adding, removing, or scrambling a letter or two every so many words he sees, including room view. There is a slight boost to disciplin and a slight hinderance to agility and reflex. Still wobbles. Greater chance of stumbling for each room the drinker moves into. There is a slight chance of falling if standing,seated, or mounted.

Drinking 9 doses Alters the drinkers speech and sight. All stats become hindered. Always stumbles when moving to a new room. There is a greater chance of falling if standing, seated, or mounted.

Drinking 10 doses makes most races unconcious, (see above).

Anyone that reaches the effect of blurred vision has a chance to get a hangover as the alcohol wears off. Anyone that falls unconcious will get a hangover. Hangovers could last a couple hours. Hangovers can be seen in the appearance of the drinker by their bloodshot eyes. Victems of a hangover would get messaging such as belly rumbles and a piercing headache. Some messaging would be seen by others in the room. Charisma is sloghtly hindered. Drinking three more doses of alcohol will cure a hangover.

Cheers

Re: Getting Drunk 10/10/2012 07:32 AM CDT
I believe chemical use/abuse is a subject DR does not want to touch. It's why samatak isn't in game. It's risky and drama and issues it could cause probably outweighs any benefits.

Plus a bonus/penalty can be applied in other ways with other consumables. And avoid the issue entirely.

Drunk caravan driving tickets. Heh.

Adding nothing to the conversation since 1834.
Re: Getting Drunk 10/10/2012 11:57 AM CDT
For my own self interests (since I might decide to sell some) I will say that there is actually some samatak in game. It is incredibly rare and I got 10 count of it as an end prize in Droughtman's. The only problem is a GM told me that my samatak was bugged so I haven't decided what to do with it yet.

Right know the only thing you can do to it (I haven't tried to eat it yet) is look at it and count it.

> look sam
Made from a mixture of exotic incenses, the samatak appears brown and mud-like while the heavy, sweet scent conveys various odors which are impossible to distinguish from each other.

> count sam
There are ten parts left of the gooey samatak.
Re: Getting Drunk 10/10/2012 10:09 PM CDT

I would think in a world where heads are graphically ripped from the shoulders and death magic rituals sacrafice young virgens at the drop of a hat that drinking would be acceptable. After all, drinking is already a large part of things with Bootlegger's crates and a bar in every village, all I request is some effects most of which are detrimental and would curb binge drinking.
Re: Getting Drunk 10/10/2012 10:45 PM CDT
>drinking would be acceptable

Drinking is acceptable. It's a fun harmless thing.

Attaching bonuses to it, regardless of the penalties, suddenly incentivizes drinking for mechanical benefit, as opposed to the fluff RP tool it is right now.

Doing this opens a whole new can of worms, conceptually, for Simu. Again, there's a reason there are no drug effects in game.

Except samatak, which is a reward from the single most random/bizarre quest offered, and a one-time pull, as opposed to available at a normal quest, corner store, etc.

If you want to RP a drunk, there's less than nothing stopping you from doing so with slurred speech, chemical dependancies, stance adjustments, and a ton of other tools.

Adding nothing to the conversation since 1834.
Re: Getting Drunk 10/11/2012 07:20 PM CDT
<<I would think in a world where heads are graphically ripped from the shoulders and death magic rituals sacrafice young virgins at the drop of a hat that drinking would be acceptable.>>

there are virgins in DR?

/---
Oh and last one, DR at any given time has a population of weenies that will criticize at the drop of a hat, don't take things personally it happens to everyone.
Leucius
Re: Getting Drunk 10/13/2012 08:46 AM CDT
Would love a stat-based drinking game, and the loser passes out for a few moments and wakes up with rude words or symbols drawn on their face, visible in their LOOK.

Sort of like...

"He is flustered, and has several crudely-drawn images of unmentionables scribbled on his face and neck."
Re: Getting Drunk 10/15/2012 12:47 PM CDT
>there are virgins in DR?

Everyone that's not a virgin in game is definitely a virgin out of game.
Re: Getting Drunk 10/15/2012 01:07 PM CDT
>there are virgins in DR?

Everyone that's not a virgin in game is definitely a virgin out of game.>>>

That's an awesome post.

- Buuwl
Re: Getting Drunk 10/15/2012 01:54 PM CDT
>>Magic1300: Everyone that's not a virgin in game is definitely a virgin out of game.

That's the funniest thing I've read all day.

Mr. Gorbachev, tear down this wall rank!
Re: Getting Drunk ::Thread Over:: 10/15/2012 02:10 PM CDT

And this one is done.

Annwyl
Message Board Supervisor

If you've questions or comments, take it to e-mail by writing me at DR-Annwyl@play.net.