Tobacco in Elanthia 05/31/2011 04:52 AM CDT
I've been playing DragonRealms for a few days now and I've been a little curious about the tobacco system in this game.

Do you need to obtain the tobacco separately from the actual item (such as a pipe) that you smoke it with? Does it have any IC side effects? I've been wondering where I can get a pipe or something, as I'm in the Crossing right now. I've checked a few shops but no luck.

I have no idea how much they cost, and since I'm new to Elanthia I'm hoping they don't cost too much. If anyone could provide me with some insight on this it would be greatly appreciated. Thank you.
Re: Tobacco in Elanthia 05/31/2011 05:02 AM CDT
You can buy tobacco for pipes or buy cigars/cigarillos. As far as I know, the easiest/cheapest places to buy either cigars or loose tobacco are both in Arthe Dale: the wandering Halfling and the theater shop.
Re: Tobacco in Elanthia 05/31/2011 05:14 AM CDT
Do you know of any place to purchase them in The Crossing? Any idea how much a Cigarillo would cost and how long it would last?

DragonRealms
~Bard, aspiring balladist, and traveler~
Re: Tobacco in Elanthia 05/31/2011 06:48 AM CDT
Arthe Dale right outside the NE gate of the crossing and a little north has some smoking stuff including smoking jackets.
Re: Tobacco in Elanthia 05/31/2011 01:47 PM CDT
Mine seem to last about 10 puffs or so...also it is a bit of a hassle lighting them with flint and steel unless you have a lighter. Just a heads-up.
Re: Tobacco in Elanthia 05/31/2011 03:20 PM CDT
Alright, thanks a lot for the information everyone. I'll take a trip to Arthe Dale and check it out soon then.

DragonRealms
~Bard, aspiring balladist, and traveler~
Re: Tobacco in Elanthia 06/02/2011 06:51 AM CDT
the only place in crossing itself that has cigars would be the members only room in ravens court. that is quite an expensive place to gain entry though.

pipes and cigars are relatively inexpensive at the tobacco shop in riverhaven, its in the halfling quarter- see Ranik's maps <there's a link on elanthepedia> for the location.smoke images are teachable by olvi, other races can exhale them if taught, but not get to the level to be able to teach them. To light tobacco in a pipe, put tobacco in pipe, drop the pipe, hold flint in one hand and a blade in the other, and type "light tobacco in pipe with flint".

Then inhale my cigar or inhale my pipe, exhale my pipe/cigar to smoke. exhale line <name of image> to blow smoke rings of the image, Smoke list to display the images you know.