Favors guide for newbies 08/24/2018 01:31 AM CDT
It's pretty important thing to give newbies (like me) understanding about favors. Current favors wiki page is quite (I'll say - too much) advanced. I found another guide, maybe it's a bit old, but it gives info in perfect way:

http://skracleric.faithweb.com/favors.html

Maybe it's possible to adapt it to wiki somehow?
Re: Favors guide for newbies 08/24/2018 01:38 PM CDT
Tangar,
First off that info is quite dated, quite dated. You can get more than 2 orbs at a time but the 3rd one & above wont be any good when you go to rub/hug them, something about it not be worthy or something. Happened to me with a couple of my characters last nite when I was bringing them up to 6 favors each.

Secondly, Its easily as heck to get 6 favors. I did it last nite with a character level 55 & another in their 90's, went & got the orbs then went & braided grass for awhile to fill them. Its only when you start getting more favors (over 10-15) that it takes awhile to fill them & you can always buy tokens or whatever from the simu store.

Third, you can hug them now to fill them faster as it takes all the exp that you are working on converting.

And as I said in the discord chat yesterday with the new favors that you can do depart 1, 2 or 3 (1 basically bare bones depart, 3 you keep your stuff & coins) you want at least 6 favors just in case you cant get back out the west gate to get more.
Also, I keep 2 orbs in my characters backpack in case they get too mindlocked.
Re: Favors guide for newbies 08/24/2018 03:59 PM CDT
Tangar -- I just wanted to say, it is really helpful to get feedback from actual newbies. A lot of us have been around so long, we've lost all perspective. I personally probably won't have time to update the favors page, but it is useful to share your thoughts in case someone is able to.

- Navesi
Re: Favors guide for newbies 08/24/2018 05:44 PM CDT
At last... somebody who cares about favors!

If nobody else feels like updating the page in the next week and a bit while I am away, I would be happy to do so myself when I return. It will perhaps help ease the post-vacation pain.
Re: Favors guide for newbies 08/24/2018 10:13 PM CDT
Hello, Tangar!

Favors have changed a bit since I was a newbie. And yes, they are easier to get now than they were then! I'll tell you though, that even then people were justifiably nervous about me catching them with less than 3 favors. I was bad about nagging! It was my job as a cleric, you know. Hee hee!

It does help to know which god you wish to gain favor with. If all else fails, there is still the Seirgelde trail: That, at least, has not changed. If you don't want to use the trail, there are items you can place on freshly-cleaned altars that will turn into favors when you pray. If you're in Crossing, the monk at the temple gate will show you around the temple. If you need to know more about the gods, read The Immortals in the cleric guild library.

Good luck!

Ryeka

Sometimes the key to happiness is not assuming it is locked in the first place- Ziggy

A journey of a thousand SMILES begins with a single step- Ziggy
Re: Favors guide for newbies 08/25/2018 05:49 AM CDT
Hello, I'd like to take a moment to talk to you about our Lord and Savior, Everild.
Re: Favors guide for newbies 08/26/2018 09:59 PM CDT
>>Hello, I'd like to take a moment to talk to you about our Lord and Savior, Everild.

Hee hee! That was in fact the first diety I got favors from on the advice of an elder cleric when I was a novice!

Ryeka

Sometimes the key to happiness is not assuming it is locked in the first place- Ziggy

A journey of a thousand SMILES begins with a single step- Ziggy
Re: Favors guide for newbies 08/27/2018 06:46 PM CDT
>Hello, I'd like to take a moment to talk to you about our Lord and Savior, Everild.

No no no, I'd like to tell YOU about my Lord and Savior, Truffenyi.

In all seriousness I just put a basic step-by-step guide on how to get a Favor Orb from the Crossing Temple on the Favor page, brought to you in part by Truffenyi. I put it in an expandable collapsed space so as not to crowd the page. The coding on it is probably terrible so if someone who knows how to please clean it. You'll know it when you see it. Bold Letters.

If this is unacceptable feel free to edit it off the page and know I did it merely because it was asked to be updated!

"I, for one, think it's nice to have new folks who are excited and already care enough about the game to offer suggestions. We need more of that." -Solomon

Thanks for being in my corner Solomon, come back soon.