Thoughts on new/demo Character Card for wiki 10/24/2016 02:59 PM CDT
This is a small project I've been working on every so often, and wanted to get some player feedback before bugging those much better at epedia than me to integrate these updates to the "normal" player card template/form.

Demo Page (And a big thanks to Sendithu for being my test subject!): https://elanthipedia.play.net/Sendithu

Updates compared to the current character card:
1) Can directly plug portrait into character card. The main benefit is that they get a bit more prominence on the page and they're universally "sized".
2) IC IM: If you want people to know how to contact you, you can add it here. Right now it just supports the options of "gweth" and "albredine crystal". Let me know if there are any other options we can list as choices
3) OOC IM: You know, if you want folks to IM you or whatever. Similar purpose to what is offered in the profile verb in game.
4) TOC: Lets you put a Table of Contents directly under your character card. I'm not the biggest fan of how the RTOC option we currently have clashes with player (and shop!) cards, and how having it on the left pushes all the content down. So I figured why not merge the two.

Other thing I'm considering adding: a way to add you preferred location, once again similar to the profile verb.

Thoughts? Additions? Wishes? Etc?

Uzmam! The Chairman will NOT be pleased to know you're trying to build outside of approved zones. I'd hate for you to be charged the taxes needed to have this place re-zoned. Head for the manor if you're feeling creative.
Re: Thoughts on new/demo Character Card for wiki 10/24/2016 03:28 PM CDT
I like everything about this, with one minor suggestion to make the TOC width the same as the character card width.

The Kasto mimic abruptly solidifies, looking very much like Kasto.
>
You say, "What a handsome fellow you are!"
Re: Thoughts on new/demo Character Card for wiki 10/24/2016 03:29 PM CDT
>>I like everything about this, with one minor suggestion to make the TOC width the same as the character card width.

It's something I couldn't figure out how to do on my own, but I agree!

Uzmam! The Chairman will NOT be pleased to know you're trying to build outside of approved zones. I'd hate for you to be charged the taxes needed to have this place re-zoned. Head for the manor if you're feeling creative.
Re: Thoughts on new/demo Character Card for wiki 10/24/2016 04:07 PM CDT
I really like the portrait integration! Huge improvement there.

"IC IM" sounds weird, but I have no alternative to suggest.

"Warrior Mages don't bother covering up their disasters.

They're proud of them."
-Raesh
Re: Thoughts on new/demo Character Card for wiki 10/24/2016 04:11 PM CDT
>>"IC IM" sounds weird, but I have no alternative to suggest.

I feel similar. Sendithu gave a great suggestion of having a preferred mode of IC/OOC contact, but I have no idea what to call the it in one or two words.

Re: Thoughts on new/demo Character Card for wiki 10/24/2016 05:22 PM CDT
You're very welcome, that was a fun little surprise today. =)
Re: Thoughts on new/demo Character Card for wiki 10/24/2016 05:58 PM CDT
I agree that this looks great.

My only issue is really with the wiki as a whole and probably not something you can fix. I wish the left sidebar could be hidden. That thing is my bane.

- Navesi
Re: Thoughts on new/demo Character Card for wiki 10/24/2016 08:33 PM CDT
>>Teveshszat: 2) IC IM: If you want people to know how to contact you, you can add it here. Right now it just supports the options of "gweth" and "albredine crystal". Let me know if there are any other options we can list as choices

I agree that "IC IM" sounds weird. I would go with either "IC contact" vs. "OOC contact" (instead of IM) or "in-game contact" vs. "out of game contact."

Or to avoid saying "contact" after each contact option, you could have a section for contact methods (not labeling them IC or OOC), where they can check (and fill out) the following options:
• gwethdesuan
• albredine crystal ring (the template misspells this as "Alberdine")
• AIM

Mr. Gorbachev, tear down this wall rank!

Paladin new player guide: https://elanthipedia.play.net/mediawiki/index.php/Paladin_new_player_guide

armor and shields: https://elanthipedia.play.net/mediawiki/index.php/Armor_and_shield_player_guide
Re: Thoughts on new/demo Character Card for wiki 10/24/2016 09:02 PM CDT
>>Or to avoid saying "contact" after each contact option, you could have a section for contact methods (not labeling them IC or OOC)

Should players enter a username for OOC contact stuff elsewhere if we make the contact section universal? That's the main reason I wanted to have an OOC one so you had room to write it out like the profile verb in game.

Maybe have the second field just show space for that username?

Re: Thoughts on new/demo Character Card for wiki 10/25/2016 03:25 AM CDT
>>Teveshszat: Should players enter a username for OOC contact stuff elsewhere if we make the contact section universal? That's the main reason I wanted to have an OOC one so you had room to write it out like the profile verb in game.

My template-fu is weak, but I would think it's possible to have some fields with checkboxes (for example, crystal ring and gweth) and some that required you to supply a user name (IM services, Twitter, and/or e-mail).

(I hope I understood your question.)

Paladin new player guide: https://elanthipedia.play.net/mediawiki/index.php/Paladin_new_player_guide

armor and shields: https://elanthipedia.play.net/mediawiki/index.php/Armor_and_shield_player_guide
Re: Thoughts on new/demo Character Card for wiki 10/25/2016 01:00 PM CDT
>My template-fu is weak, but I would think it's possible to have some fields with checkboxes (for example, crystal ring and gweth) and some that required you to supply a user name (IM services, Twitter, and/or e-mail).

Template-fu is weak, what's going through my mind is the force is strong with this one.

---
"I think anything that forces you to do something no sane adventurer would do just in order to train is ridiculous."
DR-SOCHARIS

---
"Phelim, what have I wrought?"
GM NaOHHI
---
Victory Over Lyras, on the 397th year and 156 days since the Vic
Re: Thoughts on new/demo Character Card for wiki 10/25/2016 02:05 PM CDT
So the character card would say something like:

Contact Gweth, Crystal, IM (USERNAME), Twitter (USERNAME)

?

Re: Thoughts on new/demo Character Card for wiki 10/25/2016 02:40 PM CDT
Maybe an email contact as well?

- Navesi
Re: Thoughts on new/demo Character Card for wiki 10/25/2016 06:26 PM CDT
>>Teveshszat: So the character card would say something like:

Yeah, however the formatting works best.