Alizarin 11/13/2015 09:28 PM CST
Recently I tried to get an alizarin coat made and I was told this color unfortunately doesn't exist in DR as yet. Is there any way this could be added to an "approved color list" or whatever it is GMs need to use when approving items, so perhaps it would be available for future items? <3

(Alizarin, aka alizarin crimson or madder lake, is a very old pigment used to make both that color and is a component in other colors as well, such as rose madder, for use in both painting and textiles. It's a very pretty dark red color. Example: http://www.webexhibits.org/pigments/indiv/i/105paintedSwatch/alizarin.jpg)

Thayet
Twitter: @thayelf
Tumblr: thayette.tumblr.com
Re: Alizarin 11/13/2015 11:42 PM CST
Madder is old as dirt, but as I understand it, Alizarin refers to the 19th century synthetic dye?

On the other hand, DR is chock-a-block with inaccuracies and anachronisms of nomenclature and people are right when they say that shouldn't bother me (It bothers me SO MUCH).

Your search-fu is pig dung!
Re: Alizarin 11/13/2015 11:51 PM CST
It was first duplicated synthetically in the 19th century, but madder and its derivatives (of which alizarin is one) has been used pretty much forever.

Given what already exists in DR I don't think it's really that anachronistic.

Thayet
Twitter: @thayelf
Tumblr: thayette.tumblr.com