Jailed With Item 08/14/2019 04:57 PM CDT
Hi - I recently noticed the following when I was loitering in Crossing's finest jail cell:

"You are wearing some heavy manacles and a ship captain's ring."

Is the ring supposed to stay on my person, or should it be collected with all of my other possessions? It seems like a bug but I wasn't sure if it was purposely excluded because boat stuff is weird.

Thanks!

-Pythea-
Re: Jailed With Item 08/14/2019 05:48 PM CDT
"weird" stuff usually ends up in the sack at the end, but I've never seen anything appear outside of the manacles before. As far as I am aware, the manacles are a uber-hider that simply hides everything from both view and handling and the sack is only generated when you're released, so that does seem buggy. I don't own a Captain's ring though, so I can't say if it is normal or not.
Re: Jailed With Item 08/14/2019 08:35 PM CDT
>"weird" stuff usually ends up in the sack at the end, but I've never seen anything appear outside of the manacles before. As far as I am aware, the manacles are a uber-hider that simply hides everything from both view and handling and the sack is only generated when you're released, so that does seem buggy. I don't own a Captain's ring though, so I can't say if it is normal or not.

AFAIK, they're uber-containers, not hiders (they contain all your stuff). And weird things like this because they in no way want these kind of things lost, and is usually not a bug, but intentionally designed this way.

TG, TG, GL, et al.

"Disagreement with the fundamental plan at this point is akin to supporting Richard III vs the Tudors." -Raesh