INVOKE misbehaving with sigilated rings 05/02/2019 01:33 AM CDT
I bugged this event in game but was asked to post to the forums as well so here goes. A few hours ago a bonded weapon of mine became impossible to interact with after it was unintentionally INVOKEd while stored in 'a watered steel sigilated ring ensconced with pure white spiritwood'.

I had given the bonded weapon to an NPC for repairs and I've noted in the past that this seems to trigger the INVOKE mechanic (i.e. even if the weapon is in your inventory if you type INVOKE after you get it back it will fly to your hand). Normally I remember to invoke my bonded weapons after getting them back to clear the slate, but sometimes I forget and in the past the worst that happens is that some tied weapons get confused and my scripts get mad. Something weird happened with the greataxe I keep in my sigil ring though, see below:

A massive Dwarven greataxe with a bearded silversteel blade suddenly leaps from a watered steel sigilated ring ensconced with pure white spiritwood and flies toward you! You catch the greataxe easily in your right hand.
Roundtime: 1 sec.

>>>(some other stuff)

< Moving as a single sinuous force, you lob a massive Dwarven greataxe with a bearded silversteel blade at a juvenile wyvern. A juvenile wyvern attempts to dodge, mainly avoiding the blow.
The greataxe lands a hard hit to the wyvern's neck.
The Dwarven greataxe falls to the ground!

The forums are automatically removing it, but there is an extra space between Dwarven and greataxe every time the game sends either 'Dwarven greataxe' or just 'greataxe' that does not normally appear and that does not appear when the full weapon name is used. Everything was working fine until I sheathed the weapon, after that it became impossible to interact with in any fashion (tap, get, wield, invoke, etc.). I've seen the greataxe pop out of the ring like that before but it has never rendered the weapon unusable so I'm not sure what exactly happened different this time. I will note that before the weapon was sheathed I was able to keep LOBing it and invoking the bond to pick it up, it wasn't until the greataxe got stowed on my baldric that it got stuck.
Re: INVOKE misbehaving with sigilated rings 05/02/2019 06:12 AM CDT
INVOKE can be a quirky troublemaker, and I don't know that it goes bad often enough and reliably enough to be able to exactly fix it, but if you do have more than one bonded thing, INVOKE will sometimes nab the thing you didn't mean to.

In your case, your weapon should be accessible again.

If this happens, this is assist-worthy, too.

Iocanthe
Doing stuff