Curing skins in bundle 07/18/2017 11:32 AM CDT
Not sure where to post this or how to report it.

My character skins, cleans, and cures skins and pelts for use as an outfitter.

Basically, what I do is fill up one bundle with, say, 25 or 50 goblin skins. I then get another bundle started, and go through a massive scraping exercise, putting cleaned skins in the new bundle. Then, I apply lotion and shift them back to the original bundle, which leaves me with a bundle full of curing goblin skins. My character then carries that bundle around until the curing is complete, and pulls leather as needed and combines them to get the starting materials to complete outfitting work orders.

When I look in the bundle, they will stay as "curing goblin skins" until I interact with them in some way. Through that interaction, the curing timer is checked, and if they are done, they are changed to "goblin-skin leather" or whatever. This is all typical and it's always been that way.

This creates an extra step for me to get the skins from the bundle. If I type GET GOB SKIN FROM BUN, then that appears to be me interacting with two of the skins (not sure why two) and those are changed to leather and because of the new name it won't grab them. Then I can GET LEATH FROM BUN and get two pieces of leather and combine them, but then I need to go through the confusion again.

This is not a huge issue, but, is there any verb that lets me quickly do something that changes the skins from curing to leather all in one go? Or is there a command I can use to take them out of the bundle without failing the first time?

Like I said, not a big deal, but I figured it was worth asking.
Re: Curing skins in bundle 07/18/2017 01:10 PM CDT
>is there any verb that lets me quickly do something that changes the skins from curing to leather all in one go? Or is there a command I can use to take them out of the bundle without failing the first time?

Unbundle your bundle and then just run a script that picks up one leather and combines it all till it hits a full stack and stows it, or starts a bundle and then stows all the leather back into the bundle? Dropping stuff on the ground isn't ideal.

or

(where %1= the critter and %2=skin/pelt/scale)

Write a script that attempts to 'Get %1 %2 from bundle', waits for a match for success and combines it, or waits for a match for a failure and then attempts to 'Get %1 leather from bundle' and combines it if successful.

or

Write a script that 'Look first %1 %2 in bundle', 'Look second %1 %2 in bundle', 'Look third %1 %2 in bundle', etc. up to tenth, where 'Look' is your interaction. This would allow you to convert all the material in your bundle without dropping anything on the ground. If you had the 'look' script loop until there's no more %2 it would keep running until there wasn't anything to convert to leather. Then you'd just need to write your leather combining script.

or

startloop:
get <%1=animal type> (goblin) <%2=pelt type> (hide|pelt}skin) from bundle
combine

With a match that watches for
You get = goto startloop

Can't find, if pelt type is leather goto done, else change pelt type to leather, goto startloop

Stack too large, stow leather, goto startloop

Disclaimer: I'm not a tanner or outfitter.
Re: Curing skins in bundle 07/18/2017 02:00 PM CDT
I was hoping to avoid writing a script, but that may be unavoidable. This is very helpful, thank you!
Re: Curing skins in bundle 07/18/2017 02:24 PM CDT
It's been awhile since I cured stuff, but don't the items convert from "troll skin" to "troll-skin leather" and so on?

You wouldn't need to look first/second/third/etc because once you look at the first one, it's no longer a "skin" or "hide" and instead just "leather", right?

Uzmam! The Chairman will NOT be pleased to know you're trying to build outside of approved zones. I'd hate for you to be charged the taxes needed to have this place re-zoned. Head for the manor if you're feeling creative.
Re: Curing skins in bundle 07/18/2017 06:09 PM CDT
Does "sort" count as interacting? "sort skin in bundle" for example.
Re: Curing skins in bundle 07/18/2017 07:50 PM CDT
Rummaging the bundle might work - or INV bundle? I couldn't find anyone with curing skins in a bundle right now to check...

Iocanthe
Doing stuff
Re: Curing skins in bundle 07/18/2017 09:06 PM CDT
>Rummaging the bundle might work - or INV bundle? I couldn't find anyone with curing skins in a bundle right now to check...

Rummaging didn't work. Sorting didn't work.

Basically, if I just GET SKIN a bunch of times... (like... 30) it'll error through the whole bundle and convert everything to pieces of leather.

That seems like the best option - works, doesn't message anything weird, allows me to continue being entirely script-free, and is easy to remember. Just the way I like to play.

Thanks everyone for the suggestions!
Re: Curing skins in bundle 07/18/2017 09:11 PM CDT

I've always just been able to get leather from bundle after it's cured. Even though it looks like pelts still, it responds to leather.
Re: Curing skins in bundle 07/18/2017 10:10 PM CDT

Pretty sure I used to use LOOK before but that was before changes so not sure if it still works.

Jalika
Re: Curing skins in bundle 08/02/2017 06:45 PM CDT
>I've always just been able to get leather from bundle after it's cured. Even though it looks like pelts still, it responds to leather.

This.^

Rhadyn da Dwarb - Blood for fire!

Barbarian Guild Suggestions
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1h4L5hAxR1-VLDegDNZBIhGdo5bMgnCtm84Icm2E0utU/edit#gid=0