same sex relationships 11/30/2008 09:53 PM CST
Alright well I know that there are same sex relationships between characters and some players who are gay/lesbian in real life may choose to role-play that or not.
I know that there are no laws against this in Elanthia and GameMasters do not discourage it. I am not however, naive enough to think that The owners of the game and it's staff promote this out of some sort of benevelant altruistic ideals or interest in encouraging alternative lifestyles, etc. They do this out of an interest in making money and encouraging a larger player base. If they were in fact interested in creating an environment in which everyone was accepted. An enviroment that explored multiple lifestyle situations they would have GMNPC's who were occasionally same sex oriented. I have never encountered this nor have I ever even seen any written references to it. Books will discuss murder,torture, sorcery , mutilation, necromancy, cannibalism, and polygamy and all kind of other things but the Oracle Sussi fell in love with her handmaiden Vestha ohh that is too extreme to discuss. (made up names by the way).

Celitha