Floor? What floor? 02/17/2011 01:10 PM CST
Just wondering what exactly determines whether or not the floor gives way beneath you when you're moving through the coliseum (Fade's place) in Old Throne City. Considering that it's an insta-death if it happens, I'm assuming that there's some way to avoid it. Not that I plan to head back that way, but just in case...
Re: Floor? What floor? 02/17/2011 01:38 PM CST
From what I understand, and I may be wrong, moving too fast is what does this. If you pause for a couple seconds each time before moving it doesnt happen.
Re: Floor? What floor? 02/17/2011 05:40 PM CST
I completed the enchanting quest with my young moonie without any trouble at all. I had heard of the rotten floor boards or whatever, but I didn't experience it myself. Since I didn't know where I was going, I tried to follow a map and avoid getting smacked by thugs. It was somewhat slow going, and I screwed up and had to go back again. Neither trip to see Fade gave me any trouble. I think there is merit to the idea that moving slowly will keep the floor from collapsing.

NMUs are not people. -GM Armifer
Re: Floor? What floor? 03/14/2011 10:04 AM CDT
It's not instant death. It is possible to survive. But the trick to prevent the floor collapse is going very slowly.
Re: Floor? What floor? 08/25/2011 05:40 PM CDT
>>It's not instant death. It is possible to survive. But the trick to prevent the floor collapse is going very slowly.

is it possible to survive? with about 50 in all strength/stam/agil/reflex looks like instant death to me

[Colosseum Ruins, Upper Tier]
Obvious paths: southeast, west.
se
>
The floor beneath you gives way, sending you crashing to...
[Colosseum Ruins, Northern Tier]
Obvious exits: southeast, west.
Your death cry echoes in your brain as it quickly dawns on you that you have just died! Already, you feel the tug of eternity upon your soul and you struggle to remain tied to this world.

A chill takes the seat of your soul as your remaining spiritual strength bleeds away steadily. However, you are comforted that you have curried the favor of your god, which will greatly improve the course of your resurrection or reincarnation.

Your body will decay beyond its ability to hold your soul in 160 minutes.
Re: Floor? What floor? 08/25/2011 07:21 PM CDT
I missed the original post, but I've died most times I've fell through that floor.

The only way I know through there safely is sneaking.

You do an incredible backflip with a beautiful twist rotation, gaining nearly five feet of air and landing neatly on your feet without so much as a wobble!
Re: Floor? What floor? 08/25/2011 11:56 PM CDT

you can also use "hunt" to bypass the room altogether.

Explore the Final Frontier - the unknown calls
Re: Floor? What floor? 09/01/2011 01:53 AM CDT
Isn't it based on the escaping skill? I know I've survived it a few times...

~Worrclan, Dwarf of the Realms-
Re: Floor? What floor? 09/01/2011 03:27 AM CDT
it could be. there's a similar one in the errhhsk manor south of leth. I think both places had the same designer <rigby>. In which case, death would be the expected outcome.. :-)

Re: Floor? What floor? 09/01/2011 10:36 AM CDT
I think it's survivable by... taking your time. Pause a few seconds in each room before you move, and you should be fine.
Re: Floor? What floor? 09/01/2011 12:11 PM CDT
>>I think it's survivable by... taking your time. Pause a few seconds in each room before you move, and you should be fine.<<

^This. I've done it with 4 different characters and never died. I cast RF, then hide, and sneak from room to room. I always pause after sneaking and PEER into the next room before sneaking. I've been spotted, but can get to the next room before the thugs can get to me. Then RF pulses again, I hide again, and I go back to sneaking. It's been a while, but I'm fairly sure that's how I did it. Good luck.

________________________________________________________________________________

We've decided that instead of spells Paladins will be a new arm of the Bard guild utilizing interpretive dance moves.

~GM Zeyurn
Re: Floor? What floor? 09/01/2011 12:37 PM CDT
>>I cast RF, then hide, and sneak from room to room.

Doesn't sneaking generally let people skip room mechanics like falling through floors/slipping on ice/etc?
Re: Floor? What floor? 09/02/2011 02:26 AM CDT
it doesn't stop you from slipping on the ice in forfedhar, at least not that i've seen. it does stop those nasty things from tripping you by the zaulfang though.

Re: Floor? What floor? 09/02/2011 02:41 AM CDT
>>it doesn't stop you from slipping on the ice in forfedhar, at least not that i've seen.

Then you're doing something wrong. Or not using a bug improperly. Or something.