Title Request 01/08/2008 12:10 PM CST
I thought I'd bring it up again just to try and keep the idea alive in someone's head.

Was hoping we could gain quasi-citizenship in Throne City to at least acquire titles and perhaps a shop selling Imperialistic items. While free barge rides would be nice to throw in there too, I don't wanna press my luck.

Basically I'm just looking for the Imperialist and of Throne City titles.
Re: Title Request 01/08/2008 03:37 PM CST
Isn't Throne City sort of positioned such that claiming citizenship there would be like your Average Joe muslim taking up residence in the Temple of the Mount (the holiest place on Earth in regards to Islam, Christianity, and Judaeism)?

J'Lo, I'm a ranger.. I'd believe anything.....
The Manipulation List -- http://symphaena.com/index.html
Re: Title Request 01/08/2008 03:45 PM CST
>> Isn't Throne City sort of positioned such that claiming citizenship there would be like your Average Joe muslim taking up residence in the Temple of the Mount (the holiest place on Earth in regards to Islam, Christianity, and Judaeism)?

Um. No?

Rev. Reene

The silence weaves a tapestry of once enchanted themes,
The shadows listen carefully and question what it means;
For stories have lives of their own,
But what good's a story whose end is unknown?
Re: Title Request 01/08/2008 03:50 PM CST
no, the closest thing in DR to the temple mount idea in terms of sacredness ascribed to the area would be the crossing temple. throne city isn't considered particularly sacred to any of the immortals, and although it is a very important area to Moon mages, there isn't even a moonmage guild situated within it.

<<If nothing else, maybe some Magic Using guilds will now feel the joys of "You cannot steal here.", at least for a while.--Solomon>>
Re: Title Request 01/08/2008 03:57 PM CST
Well, it doesn't really have to be religious to be held to that sort of standard. I simply meant that on some level, it would be considered inappropriate to claim residence there. Socially, politically, whatever. Visitation rights only.

J'Lo, I'm a ranger.. I'd believe anything.....
The Manipulation List -- http://symphaena.com/index.html
Re: Title Request 01/08/2008 05:03 PM CST
>it would be considered inappropriate to claim residence there.

There IS a population there. Many for reasons directly related to the Moon Mage Guild, making it even MORE appropriate, not less.

~ Sage Kougen Aensworth, Star Shaper of the Compact

Ruea says, "I swear, I'm forsaking Damaris and building an altar to you."
Re: Title Request 01/08/2008 06:48 PM CST
Yeah, the Arcadius Sector is nothing but homes and manors and residences...not to mention the few player homes that are there already.