Spell Library 02/26/2007 10:46 AM CST
Hi Guys n Gals , a couple quick questions regarding the spell library in Throne City.

1 ) Is this the place where we can go to " Unlearn " a known spell ?

2 ) If it is , does anyone have some rough estimates on the cost of such a transaction (coin,tdps,etc) ?

3 ) I recall reading or hearing something along the lines of an " Admission Fee " needed to even get into the library itself , is this true ?

~ The Shy One
Re: Spell Library 02/26/2007 12:49 PM CST
It's been a long time since I went there... but...

1) Yes
2) Never looked at that feature so can't even guess.
3) For one part of the library there is an admission fee. Not sure if the spell unlearning is there or in the front portion.

Player of a few too many

Pol-i-tics (pol-i-tiks) n. 1. "Poli" meaning many. 2. "Tics" meaning blood-sucking insects.
Re: Spell Library 02/26/2007 01:06 PM CST
Spell unlearning is only through GM intervention if I believe...There is no plans to allow for someone unlearn a spell at this time.

Crusader Taghz
Re: Spell Library 02/26/2007 01:11 PM CST
It only costs money to go back into the "library" portion where pretty much every book in the realms is available to read. That's also where the spell prep merchant is.

Archmagus Fleintoore is out in the main area there which you can into for free. You can ask him three things, buying a slot, erasing a spell, or about the library portion.

Generally speaking at lower levels and ranks it's cheaper money and tdp wise to just purchase an additional slot.

-Coralin

Coralin gestures at an Adan'f blood warrior.
An instant rush of black and blue fire explodes into being, consuming Coralin's outstretched limbs and turning them into ash!
Re: Spell Library 02/26/2007 01:50 PM CST
you can unlearn a spell there. but like the other poster indicated, its cheaper just to buy an additional spell slot.

"Word on the street is, ya been lookin' out for the best interests of the Guild."
Re: Spell Library 02/26/2007 02:07 PM CST
You can get a new spell slot for 5 plat + [200 + ((pm-100)/2) tdps]
You can erase a spell you already know for 30 plat + 300 tdps (flat rate)
Each additional slot add 100 more TDP's

So if you're PM is less than 300, it's cheaper TDP wise to buy a slot.

Player of Mithyl
Re: Spell Library 02/26/2007 03:20 PM CST
Much Love , Thx Guys .

~ The Shy One
Spell Library 05/16/2011 11:48 AM CDT
Just out of curiosity . . .

>Fleintoore carefully flips through the massive spellbook by his side before he says, "Very well, XXXX. We can help you forget the XXX spell. As you may know, the XXX Guild subsidizes our work here. Since you are affilated with them and such an infrequent customer, we will waive the usual fee."

Is this message standard? I'm just curious if a Necromancer used this service would it say, "As you may know, the Necromancer Guild subsidies our work here . . . "

~~
Lupdels
Re: Spell Library 05/16/2011 01:15 PM CDT
I think it is? The only guild I'd imagine actually subsidizing it would be the MM guild.

Otherwise it's the generic 'ya, we're letting you drop a spell slot free' reasoning.
Re: Spell Library 05/16/2011 04:26 PM CDT
I'm pretty sure that was intended, at least that was what some red name or another who is (was) involved with Necromancers to a fair amount (I think GM-Armifier) had suggested, he or she gave a fairly (paragraph) decent reply and reasoning to it.

Where, oh I have no idea what I'd search, nor where to search.

Re: Spell Library 05/17/2011 09:34 AM CDT
being as they do have a necro prep in there listed AS a necro prep, there are certain afiliations. However, they are known to "rip off" necromancers precisely because of that. There was a GM post to that back in the necro folders a few months ago to that effect, don't feel like searching these easy-to-navigate forums <cough>.

Given certain things I've seen in the Tezirite hall up there though, it could very well be run by certain Moonmages though.

You've seen life through distorted eyes;You know you had to learn;The execution of your mind;You really had to turn;,the book is read,The end begins to show,The truth is out, the lies are old, But you don't want to know - Black Sabbath

Re: Spell Library 05/17/2011 01:17 PM CDT
>Where, oh I have no idea what I'd search, nor where to search.

http://tinyurl.com/3n4h8mp

As a general note, we try to get all the important forum posts. If you know the subject, try going to the elanthipedia page, and hitting the "What links here" link on bottom left. If you need to, you can even filter by page type, such as Post.

Hunta Talna Kortok, built by Gor'Togs, for Gor'Togs
http://www.angelfire.com/rpg2/caraamon/home.html
Blunts for Sale:
http://www.elanthipedia.com/wiki/User:Caraamon#Wares
Combat Balance Sheet:
http://www.angelfire.com/rpg2/caraamon/balance2.xls