Citizenship 12/12/2003 12:42 AM CST
Is there a chance of this happening?

Also, how are the slightly less rundown houses coming along?

Moon Mage Nilassa
Citizenship 01/14/2007 11:10 PM CST
So it's about that time again...

I'm still not entirely sure who owns this area now. I'm guessing Rigby handed it over to Armifer...or maybe just the Therengia GM's.

Either way, several of us long to become citizens of Throne City. I'm not quite sure how'd it work since it's not exactly a recognized city.

However, the fees could be used towards rebuilding and beautification and the whole citizen aspect could be run by the Y'Shai Guardians/Moon Mage Guild.

I wouldn't even mind having the fee be a little more than the average citizenship dues.

The perks could be the usual free ferry ride and perhaps access to a private club or housing area.

I dunno. Just love the city and want to make it a move viable place to live.

-Wayswalker Coralin, Imperialist of Throne City

"It oozes awesome from every orafice!"
Re: Citizenship 01/15/2007 04:27 AM CST
Yes please.

Rev. Reene

Majebrad does not approve of my signature :(

Get involved!
http://reene.euphoricsoup.com/text/roleplaying.html
Re: Citizenship 01/15/2007 03:10 PM CST
Before I say 'No,' I'd like to review the current situation in Throne City.

Throne City, ancient seat of power in the provinces and symbol of an empire that stretched across the known world...was taken over by a guild. The central authority of the Moon Mage Guild uses the Imperial Palace as its headquarters.

There's a limit to how far the Moon Mages can flaunt provincial authority, and that limit was reached when Grandmaster Taramaine found the Emperor's chamberpot.

-Armifer
"What covers all the world?"
"Darkness."
"What keeps a thing from discovering itself?"
"That is also darkness."
-Yudhishthira tested by Dharma, in the Mahabharata
Re: Citizenship 01/15/2007 03:23 PM CST
Well if not a Citizenship title, could we perhaps have a Moon Mage title that deals with our ownership of Throne City?

I think that would satisfy the masses.

-Coralin

"It oozes awesome from every orafice!"
Re: Citizenship 01/15/2007 03:48 PM CST
I think Fade might make a claim as to who actually runs Throne City. :-)

"Word on the street is, ya been lookin' out for the best interests of the Guild."
Re: Citizenship 01/15/2007 04:20 PM CST
Hah, we eat his thugs for breakfast. <ducks>

Player of Pormithius
Re: Citizenship 01/15/2007 06:26 PM CST
Let the moon mages and only the moon mages get a special type of citizenship, steward of throne city. then let the thieves and only the thieves get a special citizenship, like museum staff.

_____
Mists and Magic, Ocean Breezes, Deep Rivers Under the Sea, Trails Between the Stars: Where nothing is as it seems.
Re: Citizenship 01/15/2007 09:43 PM CST
In general I'd like to see more specific affiliation titles so a person could have 'of <city/clan name>' on top of 'of <province>.' Having 'of Throne City' would just be an extension of that.

Rev. Reene

Mozzik says to Serephelte, "Dealing with Caelumia is much like a visit from Tezirah. A lot of work and effort with expectations of being rewarded, and instead being chewed on and left with a demoralized sense of self esteem."
Re: Citizenship 01/16/2007 06:01 PM CST
These are good suggestions. You may actually wish to post or crosspost them in the Suggestions - Titles folder in Abilities, Skills & Magic, to be sure that the GMs in charge of titles see them.

Please email any questions to me (MOD-Lirionic@play.net), Senior Board Monitor Annwyl (DR-Annwyl@play.net), or Board Supervisor Cecco (DR-Cecco@play.net). Thank you.

-Lirionic
Re: Citizenship 02/12/2007 04:09 PM CST
"There's a limit to how far the Moon Mages can flaunt provincial authority"

Why? No one else seems intrested in claiming throne.

-Serc

"Moon Mages have already been given some of the most ridiculously powerful magic in the game, third only to Warrior Mages and Barbarians" -Armifer
Re: Citizenship 02/13/2007 08:33 AM CST
I declare myself mayor of Throne city. Or mare.

-/\/\
Moon mage Daellid
Re: Citizenship 02/13/2007 10:34 AM CST
Delvan already owns that position and a huge palace to boot. While there is no empuff in the pavillion, above it is a wonderful area where one can forage almost any herb needed to make potions and tinctures.

Player of Pormithius
Re: Citizenship 02/13/2007 09:04 PM CST
>> Delvan already owns that position and a huge palace to boot.

Nuh-uh. That palace and the throne in it is mine.

And the chamberpot too!

Rev. Reene

On game crashes...

Stolas: probably caelumia
Pal: i had no idea she could hax0r
Stolas: or script that well
Pal: script well to get to 50th?
Re: Citizenship 02/13/2007 09:44 PM CST
Haha, you are new to the area. Delvan laid claim to it years ago. He's already looted the vault and has weapons of mass destruction. Don't mess with Delvan!

Player of Pormithius
Re: Citizenship 02/14/2007 07:30 AM CST
Heh, I remember Delvan hanging out in RF around the excavation pit when it first opened and Blasword had an affixation with diggin somethin important up. So I would second that being around TC forever.

Rehlyn

A sailor walks up to you and says, "Your commission as Captain of the Lybadel has run out."
The sailor salutes and walks away to return to his duties.