Prev_page Previous 1 3
Throne City 08/19/2003 10:04 AM CDT
You guys may or may not notice that (at long last) Throne City is listed as an actual area in the geography section of the Play.net website. Going there, you'll also find a list of the creatures in Throne City, which have been added to the bestiary.

Regards,
GameMaster Cadaya
Re: Throne City 08/19/2003 10:16 AM CDT
Thanks for the bestiary update, Cadaya!

Looks like I'll have to give river caiman a shot...

~Thilan
Re: Throne City 08/19/2003 10:21 AM CDT
Oh that's pretty neat. Thanks.
Transport turtles. :P
Alley thugs are only circle 35... Heh, now I feel like an even larger idiot for letting them one shot me everytime I go in there. Can't wait for the split. :)

Re: Throne City 08/19/2003 10:26 AM CDT
Could the hatchlings be included on the list, too?

From looking at the critters in the area, it's pretty cool that the only real gap is something between crocs and boars for the time being.

By the way, the path to crocs/boars has those SICK leeches. I mean they're noticiably worse than bloodworms. Having those there sorta makes it hard to want to hunt something at the circle you'd be for those two critters.

Need a babelfish for DragonRealms?
http://www.bakshiloa.com

Re: Throne City 08/19/2003 10:52 AM CDT
<<Could the hatchlings be included on the list, too?>>

We can't get them added just quite yet... hopefully soon, as they say.

Regards,
GameMaster Cadaya
Re: Throne City 08/19/2003 11:19 AM CDT
One quick question, Cadaya.

Are the levels given for the new additions to the bestiary relative to the levels of older (read: pre-combat tweak) critters in the bestiary? For example, blood wolves are listed as level 12, but I don't know many circle 12 barbs who can safely handle them. Caimans are also level 12 -- is this post-tweak level 12 or blood-wolf-pre-tweak level 12?

Hope you understand what I'm trying to ask. ;)

~Thilan
Re: Throne City 08/19/2003 12:07 PM CDT
>>>Are the levels given for the new additions to the bestiary relative to the levels of older (read: pre-combat tweak) critters in the bestiary?<<<

They should be current levels and accurate (or very close to it) to the best of my knowledge.

Rigby
Throne City Bestiary 06/07/2005 03:50 PM CDT
A GM has nicely updated the Barbarian circle ratings in the bestiary. These are the updates. The GM notes there are unaccounted-for discrepancies in things like Riverhaven Swamp Troll vs Lang Swamp Troll. In these cases, it seems the lower of the levels is listed. He expects to know more about creatures with variations in his second phase. The official post is in the GM announcements of the Creatures of Elanthia category.

For now I'm not embellishing on the details like I normally do with these charts, just circle + critter.

Circle Creature
12 River Caiman
20 Blue-Belly Crocodile.
30 Heggarangi Boar
35 Thugs
40 River Boa
52 Marbled Angiswaerd

Not listed: Angiswaerd Hatchling.

Palasix

Tisiphony begins to listen to you teach the power perception skill.
You say, "I'm teaching you about PP."
Tisiphony rubs your head.
Tisiphony says, "this class is hard."
Transferring coins from Throne City to Estate Holder places. 07/30/2005 02:29 PM CDT
Why is it that you can transfer from cities in the fifth province already but still not from Throne City? Is there any plan to get that fixed and if not... maybe could someone get the right person to take a look and get it workin' like the other banks?

Thanks!

~Jycanth
Re: Transferring coins from Throne City to Estate Holder places. 07/30/2005 02:33 PM CDT
>Why is it that you can transfer from cities in the fifth province already
snip

Wait, what?

What cities?

Re: Transferring coins from Throne City to Estate Holder places. 07/30/2005 03:36 PM CDT
they are listed when you go balance 13, balance 14, etc. but since nobody has any coin yet there you can't actually transfer coinage from P5.

"Word on the street is, ya been lookin' out for the best interests of the Guild."
Re: Transferring coins from Throne City to Estate Holder places. 07/30/2005 04:16 PM CDT
Oh you mean I can't transfer from Madame Grooba's or West Grooba anymore?

Re: Transferring coins from Throne City to Estate Holder places. 07/30/2005 06:37 PM CDT
Probably referring to Hibarnhvidar and possibly Nenav Dalar?

Marksman Ahmir Nam'al

"Is glas iad na cnoic i bhfad uainn."
-Distant hills look green.
Re: Transferring coins from Throne City to Estate Holder places. 07/31/2005 01:36 AM CDT
Yeah, I've still got like 40 Lir in Madame Grooba's Back Forty....:cackles:

I love that easter egg..makes me laugh every time

~Brady, player of I'm a Lover Not a Fighter Elavin Rismel.

"If your house costs 3 plat, and your dog costs 18....you maight bey a redneck..."
Throne City Wish List 02/21/2007 06:10 PM CST
SO maybe if we all become a little more vocal about what we'd like to see done with Throne City it might move up a bit in the list 'o priorities. I think if everyone posts a few ideas we'd be able to get the ball rolling....

Here are mine:

1)More Perceivable NPCs. There are a ton up here, but for some reason only 5 are able to be perc'd.

2)More Housing, specifically opening the Arcadius Sector.

3)Throne City related titles achievable through quests or tasks.

4)Additional hunting areas. I remember Rigby posting his unofficial map of Throne and I'm pretty sure there were Death Spirits on there somewhere at least.

5)A workable favor altar. The Hodierna's Church is there and just waiting to be used.

6)Perhaps a fishmonger down by the dock.

7)Additional swimming and climbing spots are always welcome.

8)Perhaps a sorcerer's club house type thing for those who know teleologic sorcery.

-Coralin

Coralin gestures at an Adan'f blood warrior.
An instant rush of black and blue fire explodes into being, consuming Coralin's outstretched limbs and turning them into ash!
Re: Throne City Wish List 02/21/2007 07:22 PM CST
Here are mine:

<<1)More Perceivable NPCs. There are a ton up here, but for some reason only 5 are able to be perc'd.

More shops would be nice. Perhaps a jewelery shop would be extremely nice.

<<2)More Housing, specifically opening the Arcadius Sector.

More regular housing would be nice and encourage more folks to come here.

<<3)Throne City related titles achievable through quests or tasks.

Not likely to happen since it's a MM town so I could only see MM titles.

<<4)Additional hunting areas. I remember Rigby posting his unofficial map of Throne and I'm pretty sure there were Death Spirits on there somewhere at least.

Seconded, but Armifer would have to take the time out of his already incredibly busy schedule to put them in and I don't see that high on his priority list but I could be wrong. I don't see why anybody would want DS on throne city though, considering there are already creatures that teach in that range quite well.

<<5)A workable favor altar. The Hodierna's Church is there and just waiting to be used.

Favors would be nice and welcoming for the town.

<<6)Perhaps a fishmonger down by the dock.

Nice idea too.

<<7)Additional swimming and climbing spots are always welcome.

This would be pointless. There are already good climbing spots and multiple swimming spots that teach nice in many skill ranges.

<<8)Perhaps a sorcerer's club house type thing for those who know teleologic sorcery.

ROFL, you gotta be kidding me. I'm sure turning the phelim club into a sorcery club and having a club housing right next to Taramaine's palace will make for quite an interesting and hostile neighborhood. Then again, perhaps he's mellowed in his old age and would be willing to give you pointers in sorcery and the dark arts. He might even be willing to hold frequent reading sessions from the Arte of the Black Cockatrice! Ooo make it happen.

Player of Pormithius
Re: Throne City Wish List 02/21/2007 09:42 PM CST
a working NPC empath might be good too.

"Word on the street is, ya been lookin' out for the best interests of the Guild."
Re: Throne City Wish List 02/21/2007 09:44 PM CST
also a functional jail for other than museum "offenses" - along with making the shop stealable.

Throne City development 11/12/2007 01:16 AM CST
Is there any development happening with Throne City at all? And when is this area going to finally be open?

[Old Throne City, Shakoepi Bridge]
Not far to the east, the elegant spires and massive columned homes of the Arcadius residential sector rise skyward in all their exotic and rich splendor. These buildings are cordoned off by a long high wall of stone, leaving Shakoepi Bridge the only access into the sector. Below, the waters of the Faldesu inlet gurgle and splash around the remains of one of the ancient Imperial Navy's ship hulls. You also see a prominent wooden sign.
Obvious paths: west.
>e
You can't go there.
>read sign
A prominent wooden sign reads:
"The Arcadius Sector has been closed to the public in memoriam of the deaths of the Council of Moon Mages. Once the troubled times that hinder the Guild have passed, the island shall be reopened."
Re: Throne City development 11/16/2007 08:32 PM CST
Well, the Moon Mage guild is still having troubling times.

Stolas

The views expressed in this post are in no way endorsed by the Moon Mage guild or the Progeny of Tezirah sect ... but I am sure they will come around.
The ruler of Throne City 03/21/2008 03:38 PM CDT
Who holds rule over Throne City, Is it the moon mage guild or the barony. Or is there another ruler involved? Maybe King Fade holds rule.

Wanderer Larze

---

Movies count because they are based on real life which imitates art which then gets spoofed by bad art which then is imitated by real life and gave us the state of Florida. - GODKIN
Re: The ruler of Throne City 03/21/2008 03:59 PM CDT
The Moon Mage guild claims ownership of the entire city and the land immediately surrounding it. Which makes sense when you consider they were mainly the ones that re-discovered it, restored a good deal of it and still attempt to keep the peace in the city. Fade is like a gang leader, he claims part of the ruins as his "territory" and I imagine he's reached some kind of accord with the local authorities. However, Fade to my understanding isn't directly affiliated with the Thieves Guild. I might be wrong on that though.

No one to date has bothered trying to press the issue of ownership and sovereign power. Doing so would accomplish very little anyway.

Rev. Reene

[17:27] <DR-Jaedren> I don't do events.
Re: The ruler of Throne City 03/21/2008 04:10 PM CDT
Alright good to know, I know that fade is just a gang leader but was just trying to make a joke about it. I am primarily in TC all the time but have never really tried to learn its ruling body. Who is the ruling person over TC. I have seen the name before but do not remember it currently.

Wanderer Larze

---

Movies count because they are based on real life which imitates art which then gets spoofed by bad art which then is imitated by real life and gave us the state of Florida. - GODKIN
Re: The ruler of Throne City 03/21/2008 04:15 PM CDT
>Who is the ruling person over TC.

Moon Mage Guildmaster Prime Taramaine, for all practical purposes.

~ Sage Kougen Aensworth, Star Shaper of the Compact

Ruea says, "I swear, I'm forsaking Damaris and building an altar to you."

"I am Captain America (and so can you!)"
Re: The ruler of Throne City 03/21/2008 04:19 PM CDT
Is Prime the first name or part of the title?

Wanderer Larze

---

Re: The ruler of Throne City 03/21/2008 05:05 PM CDT
Taramaine Ennis-Braun is his name. His title is Guildmaster Prime and he currently leads up the Moon Mage guild. The old Imperial Palace is actually used as the main headquarters of the entire Guild, and is where the Council used to meet when we had one.

Rev. Reene

[17:27] <DR-Jaedren> I don't do events.
Re: The ruler of Throne City 03/22/2008 08:55 AM CDT
fade is connected. the reasoning is certain things that can only be seen by the guilded are evidence to the initiated. what his ties are to the birds are unknown though, as all of therengia is their "turf".

<<Because it's a gigantic can of worms. Eldritch, necrotic, squamous worms, writhing in a vile stew of coagulating ichor, crushed from the living gullets of a thousand infant puppies, ululating in wordless terror. - Lorz>>
Re: The ruler of Throne City 03/22/2008 10:43 AM CDT
Pythea or someone told me he wasn't once, I just took her word for it since she's in a position to know.

Rev. Reene

Merlinx puts an enameled grey and white mockingbird on his shoulder, where it hops from foot to gilded foot before settling down.
>
Merlinx says, "Im going to call my bird Gandalfx"
Throne City Thugs 03/30/2008 07:44 PM CDT
Does the diffrent levels in thugs share the same spawn rate? It seems like the whole area has a total spawn of 5 thugs no matter how many people are there.

If the whole area is connected spawn can it be seperated by tiers...or the spawn per person leveled out?

Wanderer Larze

Getting to Throne City 04/12/2008 08:45 AM CDT
I seem to have lost my way. I've gotten of the barge to Throne City from Riverhaven & am in the Cobblestone Ruins just south of the stone docks but cannot seem ta find me way to the slope to the Throne City gate
Re: Getting to Throne City 04/12/2008 10:47 AM CDT
the room doesn't show, but go se. Take a look at ranik's maps, it gives the details.

<<Because it's a gigantic can of worms. Eldritch, necrotic, squamous worms, writhing in a vile stew of coagulating ichor, crushed from the living gullets of a thousand infant puppies, ululating in wordless terror. - Lorz>>
Re: Getting to Throne City 04/12/2008 12:05 PM CDT
Would be nice if someone had some extra time and was feeling creative to create the Old Imperial Highway between Throne and Darkstone. Could be survival-tastic and full of bardic recalls, perc histories, hidden trails, stuff to hunt....

-Coralin

"If Fate is your God, and God doesn't care, then why should you?" - Caelumia
Re: Throne City Thugs 04/25/2008 01:18 AM CDT
>Does the diffrent levels in thugs share the same spawn rate? It seems like the whole area has a total spawn of 5 thugs no matter how many people are there.

Post is a little late in comming but the answer is No.

The first level those four rooms share the spawn and it is capped at 5, but only if there is 2 or more hunters with one person its 4. The number of hunters outside of the 4 to 5 spawn jump does not matter which makes the area unhuntable if 3 or more folk set up shop in the small area. Even 2 make it pretty slow.

The next 3 levels share anotehr 5 gen cap which is independant of the first level. So unlike most hunting grounds where the cap is PER hunter this area has a 5 cap period no matter the number of hunters.

(Disclaimer: I could be totaly and complately of the mark. Anyone with more certain information please feel free to add their bit. I have hunted them extensively for a few months and above observations stem from that period)
Throne City Affiliation 01/15/2009 12:11 PM CST
Figured it was time for my annual post about citizenship/affiliation.

I don't want any special perks. I'll pay a plat or two every month for my taxes. I just want a Throne City affiliation title.

"of Throne City", "of Old Throne", "of the Empire", or perhaps the chance to tack on Imperial to another existing title...Imperial Fateweaver, Imperial Witch....

I need a better RP tool to help state that my character haunts/resides in the city and I feel like this is the ideal way to accomplish it.

Thanks.

-Coralin
Planned First Trip to Throne City 05/09/2009 12:20 PM CDT
I'm planning to make my first trip up to Throne City and I have some questions:

1) According to the maps, the ferry/barge from Haven to TC is under water? If so, is there some sort of trick getting to TC?

2) Once in TC, I see it's littered with strong critters. Just how dangerous is this? Can they attack from a distance or can you simply maintain a safe distance and keep walking?

3) Taking money for the trip, aside from the ferry fees: Is there a bank in TC you can transfer coin to/from, without having to carry it up all the way?

4) Swimming and climbing, will this be an obstacle? If so, how skilled do you hafta be? I don't want to make my way there only to discover I'm not skilled enough in climbing or swimming to complete the trip.
Re: Planned First Trip to Throne City 05/09/2009 12:21 PM CDT
The barge is not under water.

There aren't creatures in Throne proper. There's a gigantic obvious sign at the alleyway they're past.

There's a bank but I don't know if premies can transfer there.

You need a tiny bit of climbing if you come by way of the barge (maybe 50 ranks?) but not much.

Rev. Reene

Jhime whispers, "OOC: You're the biggest nerd i've ever known, but good job"
Re: Planned First Trip to Throne City 05/09/2009 12:31 PM CDT
<<1) According to the maps, the ferry/barge from Haven to TC is under water? If so, is there some sort of trick getting to TC?

All ferry and boat docks are marked darkblue on Raniks maps. None of them are underwater. Alternately you could go to Therenborough/Langenfirth and ask if a moon mage could take you there. Its much faster this way assuming moons are up.

<<2) Once in TC, I see it's littered with strong critters. Just how dangerous is this? Can they attack from a distance or can you simply maintain a safe distance and keep walking?

Not a problem at all. The hunting areas are entirely avoidable if you are there just for shopping and you stick to the main paths. A few quests will take you into hunting areas, but that's part of their charm so to speak.

<<3) Taking money for the trip, aside from the ferry fees: Is there a bank in TC you can transfer coin to/from, without having to carry it up all the way?

There's a bank. No premium service.

-Evran

Crackling with unspent rage since 386AV.
Re: Planned First Trip to Throne City 05/09/2009 12:43 PM CDT
Ok, I missed it that the other ferry/barge blocks on the map were also dark blue, and I know those aren't under water. Also misread the map for TC, now I see the alley so TC is safe.

My next question is this: I'm a moon mage heading there to pick up one or two spell slots. Is there anything else in TC that as a moon mage I might want to do or pick up?
Re: Planned First Trip to Throne City 05/09/2009 01:02 PM CDT
Both enchanting and astral travel quests start in Throne if you're eligible.

Rev. Reene

Jhime whispers, "OOC: You're the biggest nerd i've ever known, but good job"
Re: Planned First Trip to Throne City 05/09/2009 01:08 PM CDT
Quest-wise I'm not ready, but I plan on both in the future. Just wanted to know if anything sold in TC might be worth picking up, especially when it comes to enchanting later.
Prev_page Previous 1 3