Thugs 02/18/2003 05:19 PM CST
Since we're all gushing about the greatness that is Throne City I wanted to say I've been having a lot of fun with the Thugs. I never spent much time with the thugs before this latest Throne City visit. Extra stamina and learning Contingency have helped make me brave though <snickers> so I've been playing with them now. I never knew they carried around such a variety of weapons and that advancing can sometimes convince them to ditch that crossbow pretty quick <g>. I've even been able to have Light Thrown battles, which is probably the best surprise. So...uhhh...Horrah for the uniqueness of Thugs!

Malzard
Re: Thugs 02/18/2003 05:26 PM CST
::mutters and remembers the days he used to spend in Thugs until Shatter came along::

Thats my 82 Cents and i dont care if you dont want a damn Nickel

~Bombmaster Blasword
Dead in Thugs! Help!!!!! 05/15/2003 04:00 PM CDT
So I stupidly decide to take a gate to Throne with no lirums or coins whatsoever. Fair enough, I've got gems. Well, it was night in Elanthia, so I can't sell gems... so I decide that I'll take a look at this excavation site. I figure if I run fast, nothing can touch me.... I was wrong. The second I set foot over the barricade, thugs get me. A bolt through the lungs and I'm stunned. It was all over from there. Luckily I wasn't holding anything, but I still need help. If someone could help me out I'd appreciate it. Landenwen's the character in question and he's currently logged. I might log him back in to check things out in a bit. If you can help, im me on aim, sn: seep0et (that's a zero, not an O)
Thanks.

-Don't hate the player, hate the game.
Re: Dead in Thugs! Help!!!!! 05/16/2003 03:16 AM CDT
Heh you don't have to pass through thugs to get to the site.

Re: Dead in Thugs! Help!!!!! 05/20/2003 01:24 PM CDT
I know, but it looked faster. Operative word there is "looked."

-Don't hate the player, hate the game.
Thugs... 08/07/2003 02:56 PM CDT
Did the thugs ever get split up like Rigby mentioned? IE; the crossbow wielding freaks seperated from the normal melee users? I think he said something about putting them on seperate tiers..been awhile I can't remember everything.

"...And yes, I could see the Elemental Music restore spirit much like it restores vitality. Just because some can't, doesn't mean I'm wrong. It means they're narrow minded." --Prickly
Re: Thugs... 08/07/2003 02:57 PM CDT
>>>Did the thugs ever get split up like Rigby mentioned? IE; the crossbow wielding freaks seperated from the normal melee users? I think he said something about putting them on seperate tiers..been awhile I can't remember everything<<<

They're not split yet.

Rigby
Re: Thugs... 08/07/2003 02:59 PM CDT
Whoa, stop stalking me. That was a minute after I asked!
But thank you for answering so quick!

"...And yes, I could see the Elemental Music restore spirit much like it restores vitality. Just because some can't, doesn't mean I'm wrong. It means they're narrow minded." --Prickly
Re: Thugs... 08/14/2003 06:21 PM CDT
<<They're not split yet.

Chiming in a bit late on this, please please please no matter what you do with the split, please keep the gen rate where its at. At least in some areas, maybe inside that arena thing, could have a mix of both types that swarms like mad with even on person in the area. Understand the split will let more people hunt there but sitll want an area with massive swarms, brings back happy memory of the old lair in gargs hehe.

Rej

"There are only two kinds of archers - snipers and targets"
Re: Thugs... 08/16/2003 11:39 PM CDT
Hey Rigby, I wanted to ask you something.

For some reason crossbow users don't teach me armor, but when they fight at melee they do.

This is especially odd since the crossbow users are what are actually a risk to me, while the melee ones are kittens.

Need a babelfish for DragonRealms?
http://www.bakshiloa.com

Re: Thugs... 08/17/2003 01:14 AM CDT
>>>For some reason crossbow users don't teach me armor, but when they fight at melee they do.<<<

That's more of a combat question for GM Veyl since all I did was just hand the thugs crossbows and let them go at it. Critter creators can't really set experience gain for individual weapon choices (IE, we can't make them teach more if they use a throwing dagger over a broadsword).

Rigby
Re: Thugs... 08/17/2003 11:35 PM CDT
>>Critter creators can't really set experience gain for individual weapon choices (IE, we can't make them teach more if they use a throwing dagger over a broadsword).

That's what confused me. I'm learning noticably more when they use a broadsword as opposed to a crossbow.

The odd part is just that the crossbow bolts actually hit/hurt.

Need a babelfish for DragonRealms?
http://www.bakshiloa.com

steel-hilted throwing blades - From TC Thugs 06/25/2005 03:19 PM CDT
I have a request for anyone that wants to fill it. I just need about 7 to 10 (15 at the very most) throwing blades from thugs. I was up there the other day and got 3, but now that I've picked up LT/HT again I'd like afew more.

If someone is ever hunting TC Thugs and you end up with 7 to 10 blades, you don't want, could you please send them to me. (and post here so I don't get bags and bags of blades, I'm a packrat and will end up keeping them)

If I ever go back to TC I'll get them myself, but I don't see me making the trip anytime soon.

Shadow Fighter Rolach, Pick-Snapper of The Locksmith Union.