Museum 06/20/2002 07:26 PM CDT
Has anyone figured out the way to bypass the moonie requirement for stealing things from the museum?

Khakio
Re: Museum 06/20/2002 08:21 PM CDT
yes, but I can't post it on the boards.

schvartz
Re: Museum 06/21/2002 08:19 PM CDT
Of course. That is reasonable. I'm just glad someone found it

Thanks

Prankster Khakio
New Museum Goods? 07/03/2002 08:08 PM CDT
I was touring the museum the other day... and I have two questions after seeing of all things a compleate (presumably fuctional) J gweth (no metal type) sitting in the case next to the gweth stones.

1) For Players: In all my tours of the museum have I just ALWAYS managed to miss being in there when there was a gweth? Or is that a new addition? And either way... has anyone seen a K in there?

2) For GMs: Js and Ks were taken from critters to give MM enchanting a market. Sadly the main source of stones is still the museum. Which leads to me question... if I was a thief... would I steal some J stones to get made into a gweth through a third party taking most of the profit. Or a finished J gweth and get all the profit myself? When they are in the same room... next to each other...

-Mozzik
Re: New Museum Goods? 07/04/2002 10:06 AM CDT
>1) For Players: In all my tours of the museum have I just ALWAYS managed to miss being in there when there was a gweth? Or is that a new addition? And either way... has anyone seen a K in there?

You have just missed it, its very rare in rotation and yes only J gweth, never a K

>2) For GMs: Js and Ks were taken from critters to give MM enchanting a market. Sadly the main source of stones is still the museum. Which leads to me question... if I was a thief... would I steal some J stones to get made into a gweth through a third party taking most of the profit. Or a finished J gweth and get all the profit myself? When they are in the same room... next to each other...

Your lucky if the J gweth shows up more than ONCE a week, its hardly gonna make a difference.

I personally tend to make deals with moonies when I get stones. I am happy to give em 20 stones in exchange for 2 - 4 gweths. This saves me having to go buy some and allows the moonie to make more than he gave me and sell them for profit <grin>

-Paleth
A request of the Museum Curators 07/04/2002 11:37 AM CDT
To whom it may concern in charge of the Throne City Museum:

It has recently come to my attention that hundreds of gweth stones have been stolen from your display cases. As a supporter of my guild and your museum, I find it distressing that I may have inadvertantly manufactured and sold gweths made from these stolen goods.

There being no way for me to identify stones obtained from your museum with those stones that are mined or obtained from other supplies, I have decided to stop manufacturing gweths. To continue to do so will just support more theft and enable the thieves to profit from such activities.

I respectfully request that you mark or dye those stones that you put on display so that those of us that support your activities can identify them as stolen goods. This will allow us to either refuse to buy the goods, or to donate a portion of the profits made from such goods back to the museum.

Since you seem to have a good supply of stones to display, have you considered selling some of them to support the costs of the museum? I, for one, would be a willing buyer.

Cloudcrest
Re: New Museum Goods? 07/04/2002 02:37 PM CDT
If it's that rare a rotation I really don't mind, just making sure it hadn't been added in as a standard item or something <G>. Plus it IS marked as stolen in effect now since it lacks a metal type and the only other ones like that are the still existing critter spawned ones and (possibly?) the LTB ones.

-Mozzik

PS Cloudcrest? Little late to jump on that bandwagon eh? And I would say more like 1,000s stones personally....
Re: New Museum Goods? 07/04/2002 09:06 PM CDT
<<I personally tend to make deals with moonies when I get stones. I am happy to give em 20 stones in exchange for 2 - 4 gweths. This saves me having to go buy some and allows the moonie to make more than he gave me and sell them for profit <grin> >>

Hey Paleth, Email my playnet addy on how to contact this moonmage, will get him lots of j and K stones for a few gweths, these jail terms killing my gweths....

Ellyendil
Re: New Museum Goods? 07/04/2002 09:52 PM CDT
me too. my family needs more K gweths. can get plenty stones, but my moonie is nowhere near learning how to put 'em together yet. ;-)

-s-
The Wonderfully execlent Museum 07/06/2002 10:25 PM CDT
Rigby,
i love the museum. . . except for one thing that is bothering me. as far as i can tell the museum does not count as in town. i know this because (activate vauge mode) of a certain thiefly ability that needs to be in town to activate and it says that i need to be in town to use that ability. (deactivate vauge mode) so whats the deal is it town or not, and if not why would it not be.

Elaniea, a catburgler. . . well lizardburgler <Grins> who wants her bonus
Re: The Wonderfully execlent Museum 07/07/2002 12:15 AM CDT
I would like the area to be "in town" in terms of bonus... but there may be a good reason not to have that certain <vague things> there, at least at night...

Obviously, if you wait around for these <certain things> to get back to you... you may end up having unpleasant things happen to you...because of certain patrolling souls....therefore you might not want to use that particular ability inside...<unless you are there during the daytime...when its open...>

Nightblade and part-time burglar Schvartz
Re: The Wonderfully execlent Museum 07/07/2002 12:48 AM CDT
Inside the museum is considered inside the city -- you do have the thief "modifier" .....

-Pilf
Re: The Wonderfully execlent Museum 07/07/2002 01:09 AM CDT
yes Schvartz it was daytime when i attempted to use that ability, didnt want to try at night with all the scary things that happen in there <grins>. Pilf basically that was my question as well, but i am guessing that we dont currently.
Re: The Wonderfully execlent Museum 07/07/2002 01:10 AM CDT
I really should remember to sign my posts.

Elaniea
Re: The Wonderfully execlent Museum 07/07/2002 01:44 AM CDT
<<but i am guessing that we dont currently.>>

Last time I was in there I had 1 second stalk timer so that means yes we had bonus active in there. ;)

-Pilf
Re: The Wonderfully execlent Museum 07/07/2002 10:47 AM CDT
The museum should definitely be in town. I've jotted a note to check it (probably at the same time I check the shop stealing, so it's not a high priority right now).

In fact, just about all of Throne City should be "in town," except for the southern most areas of the ruins (mostly areas you can't get to yet anyway).

Rigby
Re: The Wonderfully execlent Museum 07/07/2002 12:38 PM CDT
Alright thanks Rigby.

Elaniea
Museum Issue. (TF only?) 09/09/2002 07:28 PM CDT
I love the museum, but I can't make it out quite as much as I'd like. (which would be... three times a day or so? ;-) ) It'd be great to see more turtles instated. Anyways, my issue is this...

There seems to be some sort of timer, which resets the items in the museum. I stole two seals from one room, purely for the sake of rotation. Come back about 24 hours later... and they're back. This has happened REPEATEDLY. Essentially, we have now the same items as we had when TF was created. It's really frustrating to only be able to steal the same items over and over again. At the very least, could someone in charge rotate all the current items out, so that when it resets there'd be something worth grabbing? Or else, get rid of that reseting issue? I'm afraid that if it's lack of attention to the museum, well... admittedly, there aren't a whole lot of us able to use the area with the new tweaks to bonus.

If further clarification is necessary, I'd be happy to oblige.

-Whystling, in TF
TF Museum, more concrete information. 09/10/2002 06:20 AM CDT
This is a follow-up to my previous post, #305, "Museum Issue. (TF Only?)"

I took Whystling up to the museum again this evening, at roughly 9 p.m. central standard time. From the bottom floor I stole the following: center room-a small gold brooch. south room-a chipped ceramic seal, a broken wax seal. east room-a fragment of a sandstone amulet, a faded grey ribbon stained with dots of dusky maroon, (maybe a thin yellowed parchment, as well.) From the upper floor, I only stole gweth stones, and coins from the deposit box.

Now, at 6 a.m. central time, all of those items are in their respective cases again. There has been no rotation. This is merely nine hours after making a run, and no more than one IG day could have passed. Please reconsider the triggering mechanism to a reset of the museum inventory, as this incessant recursion can bring an awful lot of tedium to an incredible system.

Thanks much for your time.

-Whystling, in TF
Re: Museum Issue. (TF only?) 09/10/2002 11:03 AM CDT
>>>If further clarification is necessary, I'd be happy to oblige.<<<

No need, I know and have known exactly what causes it. It's not just in TF. The issue isn't specific to the museum itself and has to do with how the game "remembers" areas. I can't go into more detail than that at all, but there's no way I can fix it without turning it into a resource drain. :P

Rigby
Re: Museum Issue. (TF only?) 09/10/2002 06:16 PM CDT
aww... Rigby make Whystling sad. Whystling cry. Whystling go beat up museum more! RAWR!
Museum 10/30/2002 01:50 PM CST
Hey Rigby, I know it's your baby, and hope you still read this folder. Do you think it would be possible to take a look at the difficulty of picking the cases? I can disarm quite a few of them, but can't even come close to picking ones that are 'easy money'.

-DT
Re: Museum 10/30/2002 02:17 PM CST
<poke>

what determines whether its "easy money" is not looking at your lockpicking skill.

use your smarts to determine what it is.

and train your lockpicking.
Re: Museum 10/30/2002 02:49 PM CST
>>>what determines whether its "easy money" is not looking at your lockpicking skill.

>>>use your smarts to determine what it is.

>>>and train your lockpicking

I know what it's using Schvartz. I'm saying that my Disarm and Locks are both higher than my stealing, and locks and disarm are both close to the same, yet I can'tpick these things to save my life. I'm asking if it's intended that they be so much harder to pick than it is to disarm and steal.

-DT
Re: Museum 10/30/2002 10:29 PM CST
>>I'm asking if it's intended that they be so much harder to pick than it is to disarm and steal.
<<

Boxes are exactly the same when it comes to disarming and picking them. Quite easy to disarm, generally, as compared to how hard they are to pick.

Tam
Re: Museum 11/03/2002 07:10 AM CST
Actually Tam, with equal locks and disarm, I have seen for the past 6 months that picking boxes is easier than disarming them.....and I hate that I have to break at least 2 master lockpicks to get into a "glass" case, at least let me use those diamonds we find to cut through the glass.....
Museum 02/18/2003 08:54 AM CST
Yep, i likes the change you done to the museum regard self efficiency for a certain guild...But.. what happened to the Gor'Tog Guard? he become a supreme bank monkey and trained uber perception whilst i was away?

nuther words, been gettin 10 sec failures in front of him :(

(really, if you ask me, we shoulda been gettin 10 sec failures in the first place in front of both guards, am jest checkin if this is a design purpose or oversight, as if oversight could lead to problems i might not be aware of)

And not being able to 'sneak' down the stairs is still orrible..though, i understand the reasoning from a core design point of view (climbing), would be most sweet to see it changed back, though cant see it happening.

Last thing... growth of museum on the plate for future dev? any chance of throwing in ideas for dev, items, rooms, scenarios, and what not... i know there's some quite nice ideas that have been thrown around through a few people of a certain guild..

Anyway, thanks again on the self sufficient change done.

~Laros
Re: Museum 02/18/2003 04:15 PM CST
>>>But.. what happened to the Gor'Tog Guard? he become a
supreme bank monkey and trained uber perception whilst i was away?<<<

It's been awhile since I peeked, but one of them is more observant, and the other has a magic device to help him oust people. Can't say more than that, but you've probably noticed indications in the messaging. It's likely more to do with hiding changes lately. I'll take a peek at the guards when I get a chance (which will admittedly be a while).

>>>Last thing... growth of museum on the plate for future dev? any chance of
throwing in ideas for dev, items, rooms, scenarios, and what not...<<<

Yes, there's some plans for the museum and Throne City in general. More "scenarios" shall we say. These are not a "next batch" thing, though.

Rigby
Museum 07/08/2003 01:08 AM CDT
Rigby,
if you have a bit of time (unlikly i know) and want to do something easy (at least i would assume its easy) in TC, could you look into allowing thieves to glance at the trap on the cases in the museum. also something that would be nice (and maybe a little bit more difficult) is some way to tell how difficult the lock on the case is.

Thanks
Elaniea
Museum 10/21/2003 04:06 PM CDT
Hiya,
I coulda sworn a while back that Inside the Museum itself was "In Town", but now it is Not. Outside is 'In Town'.

Dwidus

ISP - ~$20 a Month
Subscription to DragonRealms - ~$13.00 a Month
Watching Your Characters get Wimped - Priceless
Re: Museum 10/23/2003 10:32 AM CDT
<<I coulda sworn a while back that Inside the Museum itself was "In Town", but now it is Not.

I would have sworn it was town coded inside too, sneak timing was surely urbanesque...I'll be certainly cursing if its suddenly gone wilderness in there, assuming I get a chance to curse, before I Fade away in a screaming heap.
Could the TC Body Corporate check this for us? Pretty please? Been intending to head up there to pick up some artifacts and culture soon myself.

~Teille.

Grab the salt and pass the Tequila!
Museum question 10/26/2005 11:59 AM CDT
So I managed to <tap> my just-purchased bear-claw necklace which is now non-existent, and aside from any rumored life-magic enhancing characteristics, I just plain liked the look on it. I'm currently hanging around Throne City and have been checking the museum in hopes of seeing it again. However, I don't quite understand how the stock in the museum works--does it rotate on a daily schedule? Anyone have any input? Do I have to sneak in after hours? And last, but certainly not least, is there anyone in the area that wouldn't mind helping me 'purchase' said artifact from the museum sometime in the near future? I'll provide a finder's fee if necessary.

Thanks in advance,
Launtris
Museum Items - spell scrolls 07/29/2007 03:34 PM CDT
Okay, one day I'll go back through all my posts and put all these ideas and such together, but while I'm thinking of this one now...

Two of the items in the museum are spell scrolls. One of the scrolls is Darkstar and I'm not sure what the other is, but I believe it may be a spell that can't even be used anymore. They are insanely hard to steal (can't steal one of them with 500+ ranks effective stealing). Because they are so hard nobody ever steals them and they just sit in the cases preventing the fun stuff from ever rotating in. Could those spell scrolls be removed, be made easier, or have the spells changed to something valuable?

Also, lockpick and disarm experience should be uptweaked. There are a limited number of cases, they can only be opened once a night, and considering the risk of opening them they don't teach very well. As one person I can go through and disarm blind every single case and just barely make it to mindlocked in disarm and lockpick. This of course means nobody else can learn anything from the cases that night. Seems like the experience there is a little limited, especially compared to the risk.

Legendary Thief Kraelyst the Hand

"The day is for honest men, the night for thieves."
-- Euripides

"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing."
-- Edmund Burke
Museum Raid - 7pm Tuesday, August 7 08/01/2007 10:19 AM CDT
Kraelyst the Hand recently made a deal with a greedy Trader to supply 200 kyanite stones at 8 gold each. After stealing 112 kyanite stones Kraelyst realized he is far too important to spend his time skulking around the museum for a measly 8 gold per stone, so instead he is passing the task to you! During a group raid on the museum on Tuesday, August 7th, Kraelyst will pay 8 gold for every kyanite stone you bring him.

If you ever wanted to case out a big job, scale a building in the dark of night, sneak past dangerous guards, and snatch artifacts from within display cases? Now is your chance!

Tuesday, August 7th at 7*:*00pm ET the next raid of the Throne City museum will launch from The Crossing pond, hosted by The Locksmith Union. All Thieves are invited to join the adventure! Starting at 7:30pm at least two ships, The Immortal Hand and The Tipsy Gypsy, will sail between Throne City and Riverhaven every 15 minutes so you may arrive late, leave early, or return after being arrested. However, if you want to take a tour of the museum and get valuable instructions and tips be sure to be at The Crossing pond on time! Below are some details and tips:

Details:
* Climbing ropes and excavation supplies will be available for free in the holds of the ships.
* The museum cases will be disarmed and picked
* About 100 stealing is required to start out in the museum
* You can steal 4 to 6 batches of gweth stones each hour with ~100 stealing, or maybe some simpler artifacts.
* Kraelyst will buy unlimited kyanite stones for 8 gold each (he will NOT buy jadeite stones).
* If you get caught you will be beat up by King Fade or you will be sent to jail in Riverhaven.
* Limited empath help is guaranteed (hopefully an additional Empath and/or Cleric or two will also join us).

Tips:
* Stealing in the museum is different from everywhere else - if you get "caught" stealing you will simply be pulled from hiding. You won't be charged or arrested unless a museum guard enters while you are unhidden
* The guards patrol in a pattern - learn their pattern and check the next room over to be sure they don't walk in on you.
* Don't talk in the museum!
* Don't drop your stolen loot in the museum!
* Show up on time at The Crossing pond for more tips and to ask questions.

BE AT THE CROSSING POND AT 7PM ET ON TUESDAY AUGUST 7TH FOR A GOOD ADVENTURE!

-- Euripides
Re: Museum Raid - 7pm Tuesday, August 7 08/01/2007 10:22 AM CDT
Now this is brilliant.

Very well conceived, Kraelyst.

Pax

A "friend" will help you move.
A "good friend" will help you move a body.
Re: Museum Raid - 7pm Tuesday, August 7 08/02/2007 02:09 AM CDT
Leika will buy up to 40 J stones for a plat per pair, up to 40 K stones for 2 plat per pair.

Want to feel pretty, oh so pretty?
http://enchantress.leika.googlepages.com/home
Character customization through shifts, alterations, and custom enchantments!
Re: Museum Raid - 7pm Tuesday, August 7 08/05/2007 01:29 PM CDT
I guess someone else will be doing it on the night, but how much disarm/lockpick would you need to do a solo run to steal gweth stones?

Does anyone know if you can use those box-popping toothpicks in the museum?

I went for a tour of the museum a few days ago and ended up stuck in Throne City. Looking forward to going as a group.

I'll see you all on Tuesday :)

Rick.
Re: Museum Raid - 7pm Tuesday, August 7 08/05/2007 07:52 PM CDT
Close to 200 in lockpick/disarm should do it on the gweth case, probably a little less. But you'll need a Seer's Sense LAD to do it. I haven't tried a magic toothpick in the museum. See you at the raid!

-- Euripides
Re: Museum Raid - 7pm Tuesday, August 7 08/05/2007 10:56 PM CDT
I can't make it to the raid, damnit.

But, when first exploring the museum a while back, I found the gweth case do-able with ~175 disarm/lockpicking and a LAD. Disarm careful works on the cases, so almost all of them seem disarm-able at ~175. The locks are actually a lot more stubborn, but so far with persistence I've never failed to open the stone case, starting with around 175 lockpicking. (With a grandmaster's lockpick and all applicable khri...)

HR>eat trench
The Empath Guild Leader has determined that consuming a deep trench may be hazardous to your health.
Re: Museum Raid - 7pm Tuesday, August 7 08/06/2007 07:08 AM CDT
can't do it, i work nightshift. but good luck to you all.

-me-

<<If nothing else, maybe some Magic Using guilds will now feel the joys of "You cannot steal here.", at least for a while.--Solomon>>