Hunting in P2 05/11/2011 06:09 PM CDT
From what I've seen in other folders there seems to be a misconception about what areas make up P2. Riverhaven, Throne City, Rossman's, Lang, Theren, Muspari and everything connecting them make up P2. These are all seperate cities not provinces. When looked at that way, P2's hunting is pretty well fleshed out.

Now that we are adding higher level hunting to the mainland, P2 could use more of that and it's something we're looking into. As I've said before, it will most likely be put in Muspari.

GM Alvy
Re: Hunting in P2 05/11/2011 07:24 PM CDT
One word.

Sandworms.

Two more words.

From Betelgeuse.

And the last three words:

Higher than armadillos. :-D
Re: Hunting in P2 05/11/2011 07:31 PM CDT
I know conceptually Siksraja is in P2, but has there been anything said about Siksraja officially being part of Therengia and under its government, laws, etc.?

The complaint I hear is that even if Riverhaven and Muspar'i are in P2, the distance is more than the distance between Riverhaven and Crossing.

I don't have a problem with higher critters being located in Muspar'i, so the further up the ladder you go the more committed you are to the outer reaches of P2.

~~
Lupdels
Re: Hunting in P2 05/12/2011 07:28 AM CDT
<<Sandworms.>>

fremen?

spice?

You've seen life through distorted eyes;You know you had to learn;The execution of your mind;You really had to turn;,the book is read,The end begins to show,The truth is out, the lies are old, But you don't want to know - Black Sabbath

Re: Hunting in P2 05/12/2011 11:08 AM CDT
<<Now that we are adding higher level hunting to the mainland, P2 could use more of that and it's something we're looking into. As I've said before, it will most likely be put in Muspari.

All good with it being in Muspar'i. You may also consider the Dwarven town (can't remember the name off the top of my head).

I think P2 is missing 700 ranks and above.

Madigan
Re: Hunting in P2 05/12/2011 11:43 AM CDT
I would like to request something skinnable and outdoors. I appreciate the stuff in Shard, but the lack of skinning and outdoors means I can't learn skinning and my pyramids are useless. Also make it a bigger area with stuff that backstabs to aid with perception learning. Yes, I want everything. :D
Re: Hunting in P2 05/12/2011 12:18 PM CDT
I second the skinning thing. The DPs and the zombies in Boar Clan are great, but the lack of skinning makes me want to cry a little.

~Katt

A gestalt draugen swipes a hooked leonine claw at Silus. The claw lands a solid hit that cuts deeply into his groin!
Re: Hunting in P2 05/12/2011 01:38 PM CDT
I'll just hop on board with requesting skinnable things. Even if I'm not a HLC, I'm all for skinning.

And also a plug for opening whatever feasible connection exists between p2 and p5 that I remember reading about a while back.

-Broichan Leshyahen
Re: Hunting in P2 05/12/2011 02:49 PM CDT
>>And also a plug for opening whatever feasible connection exists between p2 and p5 that I remember reading about a while back.

Yes please, finish the trail, that would be awesome.

~Worrclan, Dwarf of the Realms-
Re: Hunting in P2 05/12/2011 05:09 PM CDT
>>Yes please, finish the trail, that would be awesome.

Would be great if players could blaze the trail... like building a store.
Re: Hunting in P2 05/13/2011 11:48 AM CDT
I don't get why high level creatures have to be so limited...there are tons of overlapping hunting areas at various levels, sometimes within the same province or even right near each other. Why can't there be different types of high level creatures in different areas of the province? Maybe there's a construct in Muspar'i, something undead near Riverhaven, a living bipedal box-dropper around Rossman's, and a natural quadruped that uses stealth in Throne City (just as an example off the top of my head). These areas may technically be in the same province, but they're still "different areas/regions/etc".

I mean, you've already got both a creature and an area for it near Rossman's...deciding not to go ahead and flip the switch just because you'd rather put something in Muspar'i is mind-boggling. There can be both. Maybe I'm reading too much into it and there is, in fact, still some possibility of having a permanent orc savage area once the events play out more? For all people have talked about those things since they first showed up, I've still never seen one...

Thanks,
-Death's Nemesis Karthor

PS: Can we please make that silly rope "bridge" get faster to cross with skill?
Re: Hunting in P2 05/13/2011 04:45 PM CDT
As World's builders, we have lots of reasons why some areas get some things and others don't. The intricicies of game design is'nt something we go into detail with the players. You'd really need to become a GM and step behind the curtain to look at the game from the same perspective as we have to. If area building really interests you, come join us! We can always use new GMs with a passion for the game!

Sometimes an event is just an event with fun features to spice things up and not a major area opening.

That bridge drives me nuts!

GM Alvy
Re: Hunting in P2 05/13/2011 09:30 PM CDT
>>The intricicies of game design is'nt something we go into detail with the players.<<<

Fair enough, and I think looking behind the curtain would ruin the game for me to a large degree.

That being said, I still think lowering the boat times to the islands (and between the islands) would solve all hunting tier problems to a large degree (read complaining), along with keeping the HLCs somewhat segregated from the mainland population, which clearly is a GM goal/policy at least to a small extent, if it wasn't there would have been a Dillo (or dillo equivalent critter) on the mainland a long time ago.
Re: Hunting in P2 05/13/2011 09:33 PM CDT
>lowering the boat times to the islands (and between the islands)

Reroll a Moon Mage. Problem solved!

Dierik
Re: Hunting in P2 05/14/2011 05:50 AM CDT
>>Dillo (or dillo equivalent critter) on the mainland

There is actually Dillo level creatures on the mainland

DP Assassins are just below or around Dillo level and DP Intercessors are Dillo+. So actually the highest hunting ground in the game is on mainland.

I understand people's complaints but I really think you all should let the 3.0 changes roll out, and then see what they start working on. From my understanding there are several higher level hunting grounds in P2 and P3, they just need some love.
Re: Hunting in P2 05/14/2011 11:11 AM CDT
<<DP Assassins are just below or around Dillo level and DP Intercessors are Dillo+. So actually the highest hunting ground in the game is on mainland.

Interestingly enough, these two creatures are within...three rooms of one another?

Madigan
Re: Hunting in P2 05/14/2011 12:10 PM CDT
>>DP Assassins are just below or around Dillo level and DP Intercessors are Dillo+. So actually the highest hunting ground in the game is on mainland.<<

Assassins are buggy and the area is very, very small. Also they aren't skinnable which makes them less desirable than armadillos for a lot of hunters, including myself. The few times I've hunted there, I learned fewer skills than when I was in armadillos, even though assassins are higher than adults and intercessors are higher than elders.
Re: Hunting in P2 05/14/2011 04:22 PM CDT
>Pendus

Yea, I've heard the gripes with the DP and other high level hunting areas on the mainland. The comment was mainly directed at those saying that there was no hunting on the mainland and that dillos were it.

While I agree celps and dillos are the ideal place to hunt for that level, they aren't the only ones. The other options just need some work to get bugs or other problems worked out. I wouldn't expect any high level hunting area on the mainland to teach the amount of skills that dillos do though.
Re: Hunting in P2 05/15/2011 01:45 AM CDT
>>While I agree celps and dillos are the ideal place to hunt for that level, they aren't the only ones. The other options just need some work to get bugs or other problems worked out. I wouldn't expect any high level hunting area on the mainland to teach the amount of skills that dillos do though.<<

If they don't, they won't get used much. We all appreciate the GMs putting stuff on the mainland to hunt at this level, but if they have a lot of issues including bugs, we won't want to move. This doesn't just go for upper level hunting. If an area isn't up to par with another critter on the same tier, it won't get used much.
Re: Hunting in P2 05/15/2011 01:14 PM CDT
<<<If they don't, they won't get used much. We all appreciate the GMs putting stuff on the mainland to hunt at this level, but if they have a lot of issues including bugs, we won't want to move. This doesn't just go for upper level hunting. If an area isn't up to par with another critter on the same tier, it won't get used much.>>>

Perfectly said, which is why Im in Kresh hunting Celps... They train much better than mainland critters at level. Again this may be by design... the GMs may like the "price" to train optimally.
Re: Hunting in P2 05/15/2011 03:40 PM CDT
>>You may also consider the Dwarven town (can't remember the name off the top of my head).

That would be Hvaral. My trader gets a lot of contracts out there! ;)

Seriously, though, the route between Fornsted and Hvaral is down-right naked as far as critters go- although the room descriptions do offer a number of places where it might be possible to hook up a hunting ground. Given the history of the dwarven people with Therengia, it seems to me that there might be room for bandit-like or even undead critters still trying to fight old battles.

Sometimes the key to happiness is not assuming it is locked in the first place- Ziggy

A journey of a thousand SMILES begins with a single step- Ziggy
Re: Hunting in P2 05/15/2011 06:24 PM CDT
Intercessors are awesome. Thanks for implementing them.

Magus Adakin of Prime

>cast
Your body already swells with the enhanced strength of a hero.