Rope between Therenborough and Rossman's 09/10/2018 12:54 PM CDT
Can we add a SHAKE ROPE command.

Command serves to shake the rope when someone is on it and, hopefully, knocking them off.

Not only will it serve to clear the rope up when someone is stuck or just not moving, but it will also add some interesting consequences, like, providing consent if said person dies in the fall. Or perhaps a safety net could be provided for person to fall into, wrapping them up in safety until they make their way out?

Just a thought.

Thanks.
Re: Rope between Therenborough and Rossman's 09/10/2018 07:25 PM CDT
Or perhaps a mechanic that won’t absorb gobs of GM time dealing with conflict BS. There were events leading up to the building of a bridge before the dev freeze. I would expect that will continue on soon enough (is it ever really soon enough?)and your solution will be solved for you.

Monster Elec

Community first. Guild always.
Re: Rope between Therenborough and Rossman's 09/10/2018 08:45 PM CDT
Not only will it serve to clear the rope up when someone is stuck or just not moving, but it will also add some interesting consequences, like, providing consent if said person dies in the fall. Or perhaps a safety net could be provided for person to fall into, wrapping them up in safety until they make their way out?

The same function could be had with a simple timer. And it doesn't give someone the opportunity to harass someone else. Going to slow? You fall off. Get stuck? You fall off.

I do not agree with allowing one player to forcibly remove another.
Re: Rope between Therenborough and Rossman's 09/11/2018 04:04 AM CDT
You will fall off the rope bridge eventually if you don't move.
Re: Rope between Therenborough and Rossman's 09/11/2018 01:21 PM CDT
>You will fall off the rope bridge eventually if you don't move.

You can, however, shuffle back and forth between the 'rooms' on the rope.

There's something a bit off, it looks like, with the code that drops you off the rope, as well.

After ~2 minutes of hanging off the rope:

A sudden gust sends the rope swaying wildly. You clutch at the frail support, but to no avail as your fingers lose their grip, sending you plummeting...

[On a Rope Bridge, Above a Ravine]
The ravine floor is far below, a painful fall if you should lose your grip. With no other way to cross, you can only shuffle along, moving first one hand, then a foot, and hope the ropes will hold. The south side of the ravine is almost within your reach.
You also see a rope leading north and a rope leading south.
Obvious paths: none.
You are stunned!

SP> l
[On a Rope Bridge, Above a Ravine]
The ravine floor is far below, a painful fall if you should lose your grip. With no other way to cross, you can only shuffle along, moving first one hand, then a foot, and hope the ropes will hold. The south side of the ravine is almost within your reach.
You also see a rope leading north and a rope leading south.
Obvious paths: none.
SP>
Pulsed: Shield Usage, Chain Armor

P> pond
You find it hard to concentrate on anything but getting across the bridge.

After this I no longer received messages nudging me off the rope.

After some testing: It seems the falling off/idle mechanic drops you to whatever your previous location was and turns off the anti-idle aspect. This works fine if your previous location was one of the two "anchor" rooms (as you're no longer blocking the rope bridge) but if your previous location was one of the rope rooms...the idle mechanic is off and you're still blocking up the bridge. If you SHUFFLE again the anti-idle turns back on. I've BUGged this in game.

Apologies to anyone inconvenienced by my testing!
Re: Rope between Therenborough and Rossman's 09/11/2018 02:51 PM CDT
Shuffling back and forth on the rope bridge would be either a truly horrible script or obvious mech abuse. Either way probably better off reporting them and then heading back to take the barge.
Re: Rope between Therenborough and Rossman's 09/13/2018 09:32 PM CDT
Yeah, I had a script bug in TF and I was on the rope for hours. It's not working properly.